Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones stand with all who object to racism, violence or bigotry
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 1, 2020 22:39

Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie stand with all who object to racism, violence or bigotry.

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

#theshowmustbepaused #blacklivesmatter

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-02 17:29 by bv.

Re: Stones post on what is happening
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 1, 2020 22:45

Good on 'em.
Posted on all their social media.

The Rolling Stones:

Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie stand with all who object to racism, violence or bigotry.
[twitter.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 1, 2020 22:49

also on fb of course: Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie stand with all who object to racism, violence or bigotry.

honestly I had not any doubt that this was their precise and straight to the point feel and thought about the situation. I am glad that they voiced it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-01 22:54 by maumau.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 1, 2020 22:58

Good on them for speaking up

Re: Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie stand with all who object to racism, violence or bigotry
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 1, 2020 23:17

Hopefully, they all stand for peaceful protests and oppose to rioters who are confounding or adding to the COVID-19 issues. Even the the national demonstrations are adding to an already volatile situation.

Re: Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie stand with all who object to racism, violence or bigotry
Date: June 1, 2020 23:31

The Rolling Stones know all about it.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 1, 2020 23:34

In times like these, a statement like theirs is more than necessary. Thank you, Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 1, 2020 23:47

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 2, 2020 00:02

Music Industry Calling for a 'Blackout' in Response to George Floyd's Death

The music industry is calling for a "Blackout Tuesday" in response to the death of George Floyd.

On Friday (May 29), less than a week after Floyd was suffocated by a Minneapolis police officer during an arrest, numerous music companies and artists began spreading a message on social media calling for “a day to disconnect from work and reconnect with our community" and “an urgent step of action to provoke accountability and change.”

"As gatekeepers of the culture, it's our responsibility to not only come together to celebrate the wins, but also hold each other up during loss," reads the statement, which is being circulated under the hashtag #TheShowMustBePaused.

[www.billboard.com]

Date: June 2, 2020 00:26

Why is there a curfew for rioters when we all are supposed to be in lockdown unless necessary to go out ? And then when out shopping, apply safety measures such as social distancing and masking?

I feel great empathy and sympathy for the business owners who have lost their lively hood due to destruction caused by personal or political gains.

I would advise the thugs to stay home tonight. We will save our country. I just hope COVID-19 did not seep into these demonstrations or riots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-02 00:37 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 2, 2020 00:31

Those are welcome messages from the Rolling Stones and Mick. Darryl rarely tweets anything but he has tonight.
Afraid I don’t know how to copy in full from Twitter, but this is what he said:

I am saddened
I am angered
I will remember those taken
I will not forget these injustices
I will be respected
I will be respectful
I will be constructive
I will not self destruct
I will be lawful
I will not comply with lawlessness
I will not be afraid in my own

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 2, 2020 00:47

Happy and relieved to see them speak out about this. I notice they have been wishing Charlie a happy birthday a day early, presumably so that they can observe Blackout Tuesday.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 2, 2020 01:44

Chris Fountain
Why is there a curfew for rioters when we all are supposed to be in lockdown unless necessary to go out ? And then when out shopping, apply safety measures such as social distancing and masking?

I feel great empathy and sympathy for the business owners who have lost their lively hood due to destruction caused by personal or political gains.

I would advise the thugs to stay home tonight. We will save our country. I just hope COVID-19 did not seep into these demonstrations or riots.

Writing these protests off as purely political, and your use of the word 'thugs' tells me all I need to know.

Date: June 2, 2020 01:57

erad
Chris Fountain

Writing these protests off as purely political, and your use of the word 'thugs' tells me all I need to know.

When one attacks a business and steals goods then it is not political it is a crime

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-02 02:04 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 2, 2020 02:06

We owe a lot more than that to future generations, and I fear we are failing them greatly. And I am greatly divided over the whole "non-violence" thing. It hasn't really worked, has it? The peaceful just get steamrollered by those willing to take advantage of peoples' good nature. I will say in most cases the police have been using a great deal of discretion, to their credit. Its a continuation of a sad month.

If this sounds too political, or too real, please remove it. It doesn't change anything whether this post remains or not, and that's the real point. Nothing changes.

jb

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 2, 2020 02:10

Chris Fountain
erad
Chris Fountain

When one attacks a business and steals goods then it is not political it is a crime

There's one top thug around here and everyone knows who that is. Thank you Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-02 02:11 by steffialicia.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: June 2, 2020 04:45

steffialicia
Chris Fountain
erad
Chris Fountain

There's one top thug around here and everyone knows who that is. Thank you Stones.

And yes... bv can close this thread also smiling smiley

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: June 2, 2020 06:00

TheflyingDutchman
The Rolling Stones know all about it.

[www.youtube.com]

In that video, what is the rope, the security guys were pulling?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 2, 2020 06:11

SomeGuy
steffialicia
Chris Fountain
erad
Chris Fountain

And yes... bv can close this thread also smiling smiley

I know. I couldn't help myself but I shouldn't have said what I said knowing the rules.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 2, 2020 06:55

Beast,

Thank you for Darryl's tweet.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 2, 2020 07:03

Many can't see the forest for the trees. In Chicago this past weekend 92 people were shot and 27 of them were killed.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: June 2, 2020 07:36

MileHigh
Many can't see the forest for the trees. In Chicago this past weekend 92 people were shot and 27 of them were killed.

Hard to fathom...very sad if true.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 2, 2020 08:13

snorton
MileHigh

Hard to fathom...very sad if true.

It's true but I might get in trouble for posting the link. Just do the search.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 2, 2020 08:16

Chris Fountain
erad
Chris Fountain

Erad is right. Take a look at the history and conditions that gave rise to all of this. And I am talking about the protests. A long, sordid and disgusting history down to and including the present day. The real thugs are the ones in power. They are the ones that have perpetrated this.

plexi

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 2, 2020 08:20

MileHigh

Sympathies are hard to find with this sort of random madness, apart from for the truly innocent bystanders that may have been shot. For the love of God I don’t get the USs love of guns. If they ask themselves why it’s in their constitution, they surely could justify the repeal of that clause and ban them!? But no, they love their guns. Stupidity.

Rod

Date: June 2, 2020 11:30

timbernardis
Chris Fountain
erad
Chris Fountain

Erad is right. Take a look at the history and conditions that gave rise to all of this. And I am talking about the protests. A long, sordid and disgusting history down to and including the present day. The real thugs are the ones in power. They are the ones that have perpetrated this.

plexi

Burning down churches, destroying commercial infrastructure, shooting police officers (St. Louis last night) does not resolve any issue. Elections are held to determine those in power.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 2, 2020 11:52

This is the reason why you can not discuss the current demonstrations in USA here:

Demonstrations in USA

Feel free to follow U.S. press on the latest news:

[www.washingtonpost.com]

[edition.cnn.com]

[www.nytimes.com]

[www.wsj.com]

[www.npr.org]

[www.foxnews.com]

Bjornulf

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1228