Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lies or neighbors
Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: October 26, 2005 06:10

Song battle #? oOps I forgot its been so damn exiciting though hasn't it? Neighbors live has quicker pace than studio so using that framework in my mind of comparison. I give the edge to: ??????? NEIGHBORS. Many dislike it very much I hear. Why do I like fairly much? Don't really know, after all It's just RnRoll. I like the live version on Flicks DVD at the small venue. I never liked Lies but I like it more & more as time passes. Mick thought a lot of it in 78 putting in setlist albeit infrequently.

I bet a large portion of diehards would even say both are least fav on both respective albums. No I forgot probably Heaven & Miss You take that honour!! Neighbors B- 7/10 Lies C+ 6.5/10.

What say you people?? My bet would be general public or casual fan to prefer Neighbors & diehards prefer LIES. Go on show me I'm right.

I can't wait for JJF response. Get ready to mediate Leonard! Kidding peace has been made. MEZ

Re: Lies or neighbors
Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: October 26, 2005 06:14

Lies...rollicking, raucous, train wreck that grows on me constantly. Neighbors is pretty cool, but I prefer the guitars on Lies.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 26, 2005 06:26

Lies is fun as a guitar rocker with some nice Mick screams...but i give the edge to Neighbors for its vocal melody

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: October 26, 2005 06:36

I've always thought Neighbors was a little odd, not-quite-finished sounding song. Never liked it. Lies, on the other hand, is awsome. Out-of-control energy and great guitar from everybody. A signature tune as far as I'm concerned, off a signature album.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: October 26, 2005 07:40

Its a tie for me. I love 'em both.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 26, 2005 08:19

Song Battle? A new idea, James?

Heck, I'll answer. Neighbours is sooo much better.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 26, 2005 08:45

I always liked Neighbors...from the first time I heard it...but Charlie on Lies is as good as it gets...the nod goes to Lies!

Date: October 26, 2005 10:57

Both are great, but Lies is a bit better IMO. The energy, the playing, Mick's vocals and the production is just excellent!

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: October 26, 2005 12:03

Neighbours.
And the video clip is a fun.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 26, 2005 12:58

They did a wonderful version of "Neighbours" on the 4Flicks dvd, which took my by surprise because I didn't like the studio version.
On this oocasion they showed me why it's good song!

Lies is great but not to be compared with "Neighbours"

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 27, 2005 10:47

definitely LIES - the chords flow better. it doesn't get enough recognition. Neighbors was good on the last tour just because its a rarity...

Date: October 27, 2005 11:03

I thought Neighbours became too much of a Berry-number on the Licks-tour.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 27, 2005 11:07

Neighbours, without esitation.

The lyrics are great. The guitar work is absolutely superb. Keith's big, clean, tone (w a little tight delay) vs. Ronnie's angry distorted contrappunto. Very simple parts, but effective as hell. And tell me about that solo of Ronnie's!!!
Very much in the same style of the one he does on shattered, but this time he crafts a piece of art. One of the top 10 best solos ever on a stones studio track. And of course there is Bobby's cent too.

I confess that when I pick up my guitar to play some stones, this is the kind of stuff I play. I love the happy side of the stones, the groove.

Lies is not bad either. But it is the weakest of the trlogy of A - D rokers on SG (whip and respectable the others). Still I love that thisted intro riff!

C

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home