Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OK , worst show ever you ever saw?(not the stones)
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:02

elton john ...hate to admit it ...why i went??? yikes .....93 denver.....also hate to say , dylan once was so bad i started laughing.(i love dylan)....also dave mathews left early!!!

Re: OK , worst show ever you ever saw?(not the stones)
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:04

one that comes to mind - blues traveler a couple of years ago at the Warfield in SF. Love some of their albums, but really found that their show just drones on and on....left at intermission.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:11

Surprised about EJ, seen him twice & both shows were tremendous...

As for "worst" I've ever seen, I'll say the following may not have been terrible, but they just weren't good enough to make me interested in really seeing them again:

No particular order:

1) Led Zeppelin, around 1970 or so. Always thought they were a better studio band than live.

2) Jimi Hendrix. First concert I ever saw. Not bad, just not real exciting either.

3) Bob Dylan's latest tour... or the tour around '03, think there's another since then. Anyway, just a yawner and his voice has gone from bad to completely un-intelligible. In the past have seen some really good BD tours.

4) Neil Young's Greendale Tour... I mean what an insult to the audience. 3 or 4 greendale cuts is fine, but not 2/3 of the show ! That's an artist taking artistic license way too far. When Neil's playing his hard-core stuff he's one of the greatest live artists out there.

5) Allman Brothers... saw 'em twice. They're fair but after awhile I lose interest.

6) The Who... Quadrophenia tour... Again, a couple Quado cuts are fine but with their incredible songbook they just teased us with "Who Are You"... then the rest of it was Quadrophenia, what a bore.

Of course there's alot of bullshit opening acts, but these are some headliners who didn't deliver the goods, imo...

on the edge: Clapton's "My Father's Eyes" tour was so-so and so-so for clapton is disappointing. Again, the hard-core Cream and Dominoes stuff was awesome...

Speaking of Cream, anyone going to MSG ?????

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-25 21:15 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()

neil young. didn't play one song i knew.i didn't think that would be possible, but he did a 12 song obscure show.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one that comes to mind - blues traveler a couple
> of years ago at the Warfield in SF. Love some of
> their albums, but really found that their show
> just drones on and on....left at intermission.

Yeah, BT is beyond bad live. They opened for the stones once. After one song you ask "what is this ??"

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:15

4) Neil Young's Greendale Tour... I mean what an insult to the audience. 3 or 4 greendale cuts is fine, but not 2/3 of the show

You must have seen him in Atlanta.

The worst concert I ever saw was Bad Company (May 9, 1979 my 15th birthday)
Memphis TN. It was horrible. They lived up to their name.

Date: October 25, 2005 21:17

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> Surprised about EJ, seen him twice & both
> shows were tremendous...
>
> As for "worst" I've ever seen, I'll say the
> following may not have been terrible, but they
> just weren't good enough to make me interested in
> really seeing them again:
>
> No particular order:
>
> 1) Led Zeppelin, around 1970 or so. Always thought
> they were a better studio band than live.
>
> 2) Jimi Hendrix. First concert I ever saw. Not
> bad, just not real exciting either.
>
> 3) Bob Dylan's latest tour... or the tour around
> '03, think there's another since then. Anyway,
> just a yawner and his voice has gone from bad to
> completely un-intelligible. In the past have seen
> some really good BD tours.
>
> 4) Neil Young's Greendale Tour... I mean what an
> insult to the audience. 3 or 4 greendale cuts is
> fine, but not 2/3 of the show ! That's an artist
> taking artistic license way too far. When Neil's
> playing his hard-core stuff he's one of the
> greatest live artists out there.
>
> 5) Allman Brothers... saw 'em twice. They're fair
> but after awhile I lose interest.
>
> Of course there's alot of bullshit opening acts,
> but these are some headliners who didn't deliver
> the goods, imo...
>
> on the edge: Clapton's "My Father's Eyes" tour was
> so-so and so-so for clapton is disappointing.
> Again, the hard-core Cream and Dominoes stuff was
> awesome...
>
> Speaking of Cream, anyone going to MSG ?????
>
> "It's just that demon life has got me in it's
> sway..."

wow THAT is quite a list....i liked the almans but i saw them at the becon ...w/ out dicky betts ..not good....not going to cream...Hendrixs?? wow interesting ...i saw plant and page in early 90's and it was quite good..Ej...it was real lame i guess i should have known better!! neil young i saw him w/ booker t and the mgs was great did all his good songs i think it was the "harvest moon " tour ..just great had front row he did a wicked set..and played "sitting on a dock of a bay" for the encore

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:17

For all of the pundits saying this is the "worst tour ever"...

I had the misfortune of seeing Emerson, Lake, and Palmer in the late 70's. Nothing else is close in terms of sheer suckdom!!!

Date: October 25, 2005 21:18

Allman Brothers Band has never disappointed me. Current band is as good as they have ever been, IMO.

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:21

6) The Who... Quadrophenia tour... Again, a couple Quado cuts are fine but with their incredible songbook they just teased us with "Who Are You"... then the rest of it was Quadrophenia, what a bore.

From a post above.....

Without wanting to argue the point I think it was clear that it wasn`t billed as a Who tour but the Who performing Quadrophenia.

It would be the same as the Stones going out on tour performing a particular album in it`s entirety. Hard core fans would love it but the average Joe would moan about the lack of warhorses.
In effect with the Quad tour the Who did what a lot of people here would like the Stones to do!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:24

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> neil young. didn't play one song i knew.i didn't
> think that would be possible, but he did a 12 song
> obscure show.

This one could fit well into the various threads about the stelists on this tour and this tour being the worst one, etc. etc.

Anyway, I'me very surprised to find Blue Traveler and Neil Young named here!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Date: October 25, 2005 21:26

i saw that quad show / i had to listen to the album for sevral weeks bfore going...it was ok ...but they did rip through 7-8 big ones at the end ...who are you , baba, cant explain etc....

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:31

The Russian Red Army Chorus live in 1974! I'm not kidding.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:31

I love quadraphenia. I thought the show they put on was quite enjoyable. I could have done without the extra actors.

That being said I thought Greendale was pure genius.

Date: October 25, 2005 21:41

ron091 Wrote:
> The Russian Red Army Chorus live in 1974! I'm not
> kidding.

Man - they were killer in '74 - what are you talking about!?

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 25, 2005 21:44

I'm thinking Doors..after Jimbo died..in Central Park; they were the same
old guys, but they just didn't have that edge (obviously)

Date: October 25, 2005 22:00

Didn't pay to see him, however Billy Squire was an opening act and he was pathetic.

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: October 25, 2005 22:17

Motley Crue. I was in the 7th row, and the bass player took a drink of water and spit it back out at the crowd, and I almost got wet. It was a real turn-off. It was just a pathetic show. It was during their "New Tattoo" tour.

Ozzy Osbourne in the mid-90s. He kept telling us to clap our *@#*$ hands, and *%^#$ make some noise. Hey, we came to see you buddy--you do your job, and we'll do whatever we want! You shouldn't have to beg for applause--if you're good, you'll automatically get it. To top it off, he only played for about an hour...everyone was pissed. He seemed so unappreciative of his audience; I'll never see him again.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: October 25, 2005 22:17

my worst Marillion 2002

Born i would kill to see Hendrix and Who smiling smiley))

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: October 25, 2005 22:29

dinosaur jr.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 25, 2005 22:32

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> neil young. didn't play one song i knew.i didn't
> think that would be possible, but he did a 12 song
> obscure show.

Now you know how the average Stones fan would feel if the Stones did the same thing. I'm sure after that Neil Young show you went to there were hardcore fans on his message board saying "thank God he didn't play the warhorses this time!"

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 25, 2005 22:35

Reg, you beet me to the post!

The Doors Of The 21st Century at Music Midtown in Atlanta 2003 has to be the worst! My kid (13 then) and I had just seen "The Strokes" on another stage and were blown away!

So I'm telling him "wait till you see "The Doors". He still won't let me live that down!

Ian Assberry made a complete fool of himself. Kreiger and Manzerek actually played well, but that was lost in the fact that the rest of the show was such a bad Vegas imitation act.

Maybe it got better, but I left after 3 songs!

Ross

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 25, 2005 22:57

The Ozzy shows are just sad, health issues and being overworked. The last few years he's been big on throwing buckets of water on himself and the crowd. I found out last year through a crew member that he pours buckets of water on himself because he unfortunatly has a bladder control problem and he is simply rinsing himself off while making it look like "theater". Gee, how much are those gold circle seats for those gigs?

Posted by: thor ()
Date: October 25, 2005 23:16

Santana...must have been around 1973 or so....i recall that I fell asleep during a 25 minute bongo solo

Bob Dylan....around 1980 (?)...played all his classics on a freakin electric guitar, screaming out the lyrics...no interest in them at all...it was an embarrassment

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: October 25, 2005 23:22

Aerosmith and Guns And Roses ... both looked like parodies of their videos. GNR went on at 11:30 for a 7PM show... long time to make your "fans" wait... @#$%&.

Date: October 25, 2005 23:25

Must be Bob Dylan 1987, he played in the dark, with his back to the audience. I wouldn't have minded but it sounded like shit, he should have been ashamed. He shoudln't have played in fact. Additionally he had Roger McGuinn (alone) as supporting act. But best thing was this @#$%& Dylan fan-factist in the radio saying well Dylan is an artist, he did play so much better two days after that in Jerusalem. @#$%& Dylan. I didn't pay for Jerusalem.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: October 25, 2005 23:26

One of the worst had to be the Knack around '79-they were pretty big at the time riding My Sharona and I was only 14 so went to pretty much any show that came to town.They only played for about 45 min. and it was just really dull.The other contender would be the really crappy Canadian band Triumph(like I said,I'd go to any show back then).It was funny when their pyrotechnics caused a curtain to catch fire and they had to cut the show short,though...very Spinal Tap.God,the more I think about it,they really were awful.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: October 25, 2005 23:38

Paradise Lost , i think in the year 1998.
They played the half of the show playback solos :-((((((((

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 26, 2005 03:18

I almost forgot (or tried to) that I saw Pablo Cruise one week after seeing the Stones for the first time (1981). TO SAY IT WAS A LETDOWN IS THE BIGGEST UNDERSTATEMENT EVER.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 26, 2005 03:33

Neil Young by far. He came out with just an guitar. Bored the crowd to tears . Got pissed and walked off saying "intermission". When he finally came back with his band about 45 minutes later the crowd was VERY pissed. He played about 4 or 5 songs and left.
The crowd booed his ass right out of the building. Didnt' ask for an enocre and didn't want one. That was the really a shitty night .

Second worst had to be (Sorry to say this) Santana . Jesus what a bore . They(he) would start to play a number you knew and the crowd would cheer. Then he would go into this mindless jam and no one knew what the hell song he was playing. Brillant guitar player but damn he bored the shit out of people that night. A little to self indulgent.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home