Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick rehearsing in isolation
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 15, 2020 14:37

We definitely don't have enough to talk about now, looking at the overanalysis of those pictures

Date: April 17, 2020 16:25

Well now we know why he's rehearsing!

The Rolling Stones will be joining One World: #TogetherAtHome with Global Citizen and World Health Organization (WHO)

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 17, 2020 17:01

Does Mick work with a vocal coach?
I just listened to Bon Jovi on Howard Stern and Jovi said that he practices with a coach 5 days a week. Mick's singing style has changed over the years which is somewhat inevitable but I notice that the style has become more controlled and he has developed patterns notably with the pronouncation of ending "s". I love Mick's singing and he is great.
Rockandroll.
Mops

Date: April 17, 2020 17:05

rollmops
Does Mick work with a vocal coach?
I just listened to Bon Jovi on Howard Stern and Jovi said that he practices with a coach 5 days a week. Mick's singing style has changed over the years which is somewhat inevitable but I notice that the style has become more controlled and he has developed patterns notably with the pronouncation of ending "s". I love Mick's singing and he is great.
Rockandroll.
Mops

He said something about that in the Licks documentary, if memory serves. My guess is that he started with that before the 1981-tour, as he suddenly had the stomach control techniques down for this tour.

Date: April 17, 2020 17:07

Mick read Keith's book 'Life' and the only thing he wanted removed was the sentence about him working with a vocal coach..

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:09

NilsHolgersson
Mick read Keith's book 'Life' and the only thing he wanted removed was the sentence about him working with a vocal coach..

Which absolutely makes sence. There is a big difference between "working with a coach" and taking advise from people with experience. James Brown didn't coach Mick on his dancing/moves. He was/is a sharp observer (both ears and eyes) and, later on f.i. took some usefull advice from the likes of Tina Turner, showing him things, but not coaching him.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home