Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is anybody here who like this tour ???
Posted by: ThomasRocknRoll ()
Date: October 24, 2005 03:22

Saw the stones in washington d.c. They were fantastic! It was BIG FUN. Enjoyed every minute. We are a bunch of 3 guys from east germany, who travel to every U.S. Tour since the wall came down. Get bored about discussions of setlists, length of the show, number of songs played, keith posing, ronny can`t play solos, warhorses sucks, want mick taylor back etc...
It`s boring !!! Go and see the show ! You WILL NOT be disappointed. These guys are still rock the house !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-24 03:23 by ThomasRocknRoll.

Re: Is anybody here who liket this tour ???
Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: October 24, 2005 03:24

I was at Soldier Field in Chicago and LOVED it!!! The two hours seemed like a half hour, and I even thoroughly enjoyed the warhorses.

Re: Is anybody here who like this tour ???
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 24, 2005 03:25

The Atlanta show was great! Best I've ever seen the band play. Lots of energy, having fun, etc.. The band was too!!!!

Posted by: spikey ()
Date: October 24, 2005 03:50

I walked into MSG kind of down about the whole thing. I had a really tough time getting tickets and was disappointed in what I was hearing about the set list. But, halfway through the show, I realized that as usual, I was absolutely transported by the music. Do I wish that I didn't feel pissed about what I feel was a poor way to distribute tickets? Definitely. Would I have preferred that some songs were added and others eliminated? Yup. But, I wasn't let down or disappointed by the show itself. We love to tear down our idols, but they are musicians. They played their music, which I love, played it well, and put on a high energy show. I don't know what there is in that equation to dislike!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 24, 2005 03:54

I totally agree with Elmo. Atlanta was superb!

Ross

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 24, 2005 04:10

its ok with me, its just that for the most part the setlist is lame

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: October 24, 2005 04:17

MCI in DC was marvelous...loud, rocking performance

UVA, Charlottesville should have been awful...terrible traffic/parking, rain, bomb scare/pause...and then a performance that was perhaps the best I've seen of them since I started seeing them in 81.

They're playing a bit better than Licks...the sound system and mix is the best I've ever heard on a Stones tour. In short, no complaint's here...the boys are back and banging it big!

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: October 24, 2005 04:37

Toronto was great.

except for Beck

Date: October 24, 2005 04:53

I agree with the last three posts.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: October 24, 2005 04:54

Atlanta was Fantastic. Definitely my second favorite show of the nine I've seen since 78. They were scorching. They seemed to be having so much fun. The crowd was great.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: October 24, 2005 05:01

mttlacroix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Toronto was great.
>
> except for Beck

Gotta disagree there buddy. Yes, the Stones were great but Beck wasn't that bad either! It could've been worse, the Tea Party could've opened! Thank God they broke up recently!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 24, 2005 05:02

Agreed, Rialb. Atlanta was one of the best shows I have seen from them in the last 10 years - and I have seen quite a few!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: October 24, 2005 05:20

Tampa was the best show I have seen. Guitars up in the mix and Chuck down low. Best sound at any show I"ve seen. Ronnie up in the mix as well.

You got to roll me...call me the tumbling dice.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: October 24, 2005 05:22

thought the Columbus show was great! REALLY enjoyed BACK OF MY HAND. Stones sloppy.....just the way I like it.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: October 24, 2005 05:52

i was at the DETROIT show and i thought the band sounded loud and alive. the mix was definitely the best i heard at their stadium shows (silverdome and spartan stadium).

i thought the band had a lot of energy and rock and roll sass. my girlfriend is not a stones fan but had tears in her eyes she was so touched by the band and music and how these are living legends still entertaining into their 60's.

couldn't agree more!

p.s. and the new songs were played aggresively and rocked.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: October 24, 2005 05:54

I was also at the Columbus show. Saw Sway, Shattered, She's So Cold, Rough Justice, etc. It was amazing. One of the best shows I have ever seen, and I've been to some damn good concerts. Kudos to the Stones.

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: October 24, 2005 05:56

I've seen the Stones Eleven times. The show in Atlanta at Turner Field on the Licks tour was by far the best one that I'd seen. The sound and performance was nothing short of superb. More than one person has commented that it was one of the best Stadium show of the '02 tour.But, after seeing them in Atlanta this past Saturday I must say it was the better show.The Stones were spectacular. They played some of the warhorses as if they were new songs. Wild Horses and Satisfaction are two songs among others than they played with a surprising freshness. The enthusiasm displayed thru the show was unlike any other before.If you have doubts about this tour just go and see them. I don't see how you can be disappointed.

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: October 24, 2005 06:11

Mathijs! I could have also posted my previous post on your "Worst ever" (post).I must say that yours was thought provoking. Enjoyed it and the replies.I think we can all agreed to disagreed.Its what makes this site interesting.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 24, 2005 07:24

I saw em in Chicago and Columbus this tour. Both shows were fantastic and I'm thinking about going to Memphis as well. If someone went to see them this tour and totally hated it I'd like to meet them. Pissing and moaning about this tour without actually seeing a show is pure speculation. No one I know has been disappointed with this tour.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 24, 2005 07:46

I saw Durham and both Philadelphia shows.
All three were very good shows.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 24, 2005 07:52

Best tour since 1975.

Posted by: kishorcsog ()
Date: October 24, 2005 10:52

Slick Wrote:
> Best tour since 1975.

1981?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 24, 2005 11:00

Yes. I think it is great! Can't wait to see them again!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 24, 2005 11:28

Nothing but positive remarks, I see. I guess it is great. It's idiotic to judge a tour from behind a computer or television. You have to be there, feel the ambience, hear the sound LOUD! When I watch the Four Flicks video I'm like "that's it?" because I was amazed by the shows I actually saw. I haven't seen this tour yet but when they come to Europe I'm going to catch them as often as I can.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 24, 2005 12:10

I love it. I really do. I have not seen a show though. Only DVDs and CDs.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: October 24, 2005 14:03

Have seen them 4 times so far:
MSG, Giants Stadium, Hershey Park, and 1st night in Philly.
Looking forward to: 2 nights at MSG, one night at 1st Mariners Arena in Maryland. For those of you who haven't...this tour is different, we are getting all the worts, not the polished sound. I for one love it!!!the rawest Stones sounding tour since 1981.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 24, 2005 14:38

Only heard audience recordings (changed my terminology from bootleg to recording, according to The GR) and I think the tour is better compared to Licks.
I remember, I got the Wiltern Licks bootleg and I was so disappointed about the performance, mainly about the mix. The ABB tour is a huge improvement soundwise, that's very important for me.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 24, 2005 14:41

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> I love it. I really do. I have not seen a show
> though. Only DVDs and CDs.

Which is fair enough...and which is also as logical as someone who hasnt seen a show saying negative things about it based on the same recordings...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-24 14:42 by Gazza.

Posted by: shattered99 ()
Date: October 24, 2005 15:32

This tour is certianly better than Licks - the key for me is the sound. I've seen all the stones shows in the Skydome here in Toronto and until this tour theynever had it figured out. I was 200 level down the left side and the sound was not only the best for a stones show in the dome but quite possibly the best of any show I've seen there. Plenty of upfront raunchy guitar, drum, Mick sounded great and Chuck was way down in the mix - where he should be.

Looking forward to Hollywood Bowl and MSG.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 24, 2005 16:10

It really is difficult judging the shows by audience recordings. I was down front at opening night in Fenway. The guitars were simply blistering. The recording I've heard seems pretty lame......I can understand why someone would be concerned after only hearing the tapes. I've seen 3 shows....Fenway, Moncton, and Tampa.....all great performances. I do wish they would play more than 20 songs.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home