Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Jumpin' At Shadows 1970
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: March 20, 2020 23:53

A little distraction from COVID. Love Clapton, Taylor, Page, Wood, Beck hell even Kim Simmonds but here's the summit of the whole British (or American) Blues thing..vocally and guitar. No one better.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Jumpin' At Shadows 1970
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 21, 2020 09:07

Isnt this supposed to be in the "what are you listening to right now" thread? You don't even make room for any discussion taking place.

Date: March 21, 2020 09:08

...and as much I like the artists involved; this is boring as hell.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 21, 2020 09:11

….. fell forward and scared me forehead ….

ROCKMAN

Date: March 21, 2020 09:17

So did I! If it wasn't for the wooden table, I'd be on the floor.

Reminds me of the film I saw at the cinema, earlier this year, a documentary about Leonard Cohen and Marianne. The guitarist in his band, around 1970 just fell down - flat on his face, on stage, when playing "Suzanne". He didn't directly faint, he just had no strength in his body. After the gig, Leonard said backstage: "OK, time to cut down on the mandrax, boys!"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 21, 2020 09:23

Santana in the late 70's when he was under the influence of Sri Chinmoy .,...

They came on all dressed in white and it was all chimes and
bell ringing ... The whole place was snoozin after about 15 mins .,..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz …. zzzzzzz

ROCKMAN

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 21, 2020 09:36

I've listened to the Blues ever since the Stones came up with Little Red Rooster in 1964.
You aparently haven't heard much of the Blues to come up with a statement like that.
Well, the first three minutes are an example of poorly balanced music. The rhythm doesn't add the correct nessesary balance and its even annoying to listen to Green's solo that way. FM made much better songs.
And ... several guitarists you mentioned could easily produce a similar peace of music, but very likely in a much better way.

Date: March 21, 2020 09:39

indeed. this is nachspiel ramblings, not blues.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 21, 2020 14:55

Erik_Snow
indeed. this is nachspiel ramblings, not blues.

Green did his own thing with the blues. It’s much more interesting to me than the “purists” that want to play King or Hopkins note for note.

As the OP said, Green is a much better singer than those others. Guitar-wise, I cannot choose; they’re all different and outstanding in their own way. Although, I wouldn’t put Wood or Simmonds on that list.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home