Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Any Tipps for New York
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 1, 2020 23:41

CBII
Taylor1
New York is not as safe as it was.Ilive in a suburb 15 miles north of Manhattan and due to a new criminal justice bill which requires no bail for most criminals the crime rate this year has gone up almost25percent..There are also a lot more homeless living on the streets.You will be still pretty safe from crime in Manhattan if you are out in areas where there are crowds .If you are walking the streets at 300am and this no one around there is a good chance you will get robbed

I was there this past week and it was just as safe as any metropolis. Rode the subway (like I always try to do), walked around Manhattan, hit the Deli across the street from my hotel (Kempton Eventi) and would have made the walk to the World Trade center if I'd had the time.

Any place on this planet is as safe as YOU make it. Our drummer was robbed in Moscow one of the times we were there because the Hoods that got him saw him coming out of our hotel and heard him speaking in French. I Never left the hotel since I would have stuck out like a sore thumb. London, Paris, Berlin, Sao Paulo all can be just as rough as New York or East Saint Louis (well our promoter was shot and killed in Sao Paulo right after our show but that's another story).

Looking at it from a Per Capita danger level, Saint Louis has pretty much everybody beat.

My suggestion is have fun, he on the lookout and don't assume the person that fits the profile is the one that will harm you. Blending in works much better than walking down the street naked with bank notes in each hand.

If you want a great place with fantastic atmosphere and food you can't beat the USA Brooklyn Diner! It's very close to Carnegie Hall at 212 West 57. After the second screening of Brown Eyed Handsome Man Thursday night Steve said this was the place to go. He was right and we had the chance to have a good meal and talk.

Cool place for sure...
With all due respect to you my friend I’ve lived and worked in NYC and it’s surrounding suburb all my life and owned an apt .for 9 years on the upper east side,so I think I know more about the state of crime in the city than you do.There are statistics from the NYPD and the criminal courts that state what I said is accurate about the surge in crime and homelessness.In fact the governor is trying to get the bail law changed because it has been a disaster

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 2, 2020 02:39

Taylor1
CBII
Taylor1
New York is not as safe as it was.Ilive in a suburb 15 miles north of Manhattan and due to a new criminal justice bill which requires no bail for most criminals the crime rate this year has gone up almost25percent..There are also a lot more homeless living on the streets.You will be still pretty safe from crime in Manhattan if you are out in areas where there are crowds .If you are walking the streets at 300am and this no one around there is a good chance you will get robbed

I was there this past week and it was just as safe as any metropolis. Rode the subway (like I always try to do), walked around Manhattan, hit the Deli across the street from my hotel (Kempton Eventi) and would have made the walk to the World Trade center if I'd had the time.

Any place on this planet is as safe as YOU make it. Our drummer was robbed in Moscow one of the times we were there because the Hoods that got him saw him coming out of our hotel and heard him speaking in French. I Never left the hotel since I would have stuck out like a sore thumb. London, Paris, Berlin, Sao Paulo all can be just as rough as New York or East Saint Louis (well our promoter was shot and killed in Sao Paulo right after our show but that's another story).

Looking at it from a Per Capita danger level, Saint Louis has pretty much everybody beat.

My suggestion is have fun, he on the lookout and don't assume the person that fits the profile is the one that will harm you. Blending in works much better than walking down the street naked with bank notes in each hand.

If you want a great place with fantastic atmosphere and food you can't beat the USA Brooklyn Diner! It's very close to Carnegie Hall at 212 West 57. After the second screening of Brown Eyed Handsome Man Thursday night Steve said this was the place to go. He was right and we had the chance to have a good meal and talk.

Cool place for sure...
With all due respect to you my friend I’ve lived and worked in NYC and it’s surrounding suburb all my life and owned an apt .for 9 years on the upper east side,so I think I know more about the state of crime in the city than you do.There are statistics from the NYPD and the criminal courts that state what I said is accurate about the surge in crime and homelessness.In fact the governor is trying to get the bail law changed because it has been a disaster

I don't want to infer your opinion of the current mayor but unless things have changed drastically since last summer it seems hate crimes are up but crime is down. Do you have statistics?

Pretty much every city has crime. A lot of the serious crimes are in specific parts of any city that can be avoided. Property crimes can happen anywhere city or rural. NYC is now much safer than it was in late 70's and early 80's when I lived or spent a lot of time in the area.

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 2, 2020 02:51

daspyknows
Taylor1
CBII
Taylor1

Cool place for sure...

I don't want to infer your opinion of the current mayor but unless things have changed drastically since last summer it seems hate crimes are up but crime is down. Do you have statistics?

Pretty much every city has crime. A lot of the serious crimes are in specific parts of any city that can be avoided. Property crimes can happen anywhere city or rural. NYC is now much safer than it was in late 70's and early 80's when I lived or spent a lot of time in the area.

[www.nytimes.com]
Since the no bail law except for the few most serious violent crimes, crime is up 23percent this year.Like I said ,it’s not anyway as bad as it was before Giuliani and Bloomberg,but it is going up.For example,if you rob a bank by threatening the teller by saying you have a gun,but don’t display what appears to be a gun,you get released without bail.A gentleman took advantage of this and committed 5robberies of banks within a few days ,and was able to do so,because he kept getting released.If you are out on the streets or in the parks with a lot of people around you,you should be okay,even late at night

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 2, 2020 20:03

I was mugged there once, as a kid. I've been back probably about 200 to 300 times since with no issues.

I used to make special trips to the bootleg record shops around Greenwich Village, and I miss that. It has become too easy to buy them online (and easier to download) that I now just go as a regular tourist.

We went to the Bronx Zoo last year, Museum of Natural History the year before, and I think one other for a Mets game, all good times!

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 2, 2020 21:40

my tip for new york, was there in 1994, is to pretend your crocodile dundee and you wont go wrong.

remember everyone is really friendly, 7 million people all wanting to live together.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home