Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Buffalo, NY USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 11, 2020 09:21

odean73
Thanks, is it possible to get internal flights?

Yes:
[en.wikipedia.org]

But Toronto is much closer if you want to drive, or take a bus.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 11, 2020 13:43

erikjjf
odean73

Yes:
[en.wikipedia.org]

But Toronto is much closer if you want to drive, or take a bus.

Thanks.

Posted by: AndrewL ()
Date: February 11, 2020 18:45

The drive from JFK to Buffalo would be 7-8 hours! Do not plan on it if you can avoid it. Way better to fly into Toronto.

There probably are flights from JFK to to BUF as well. You can fly into Boston and connect to BUF too I think, but less convenient.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 11, 2020 20:46

odean73
OneHourPhoto
odean73
buffalo7478
If flying in from Europe, it may be much cheaper to fly to Toronto, rent a car and drive the 2 hours to Buffalo.

When going to Europe, we always fly out of Toronto because of the lower fares and access to many more airlines. Buffalo is a smaller city. I live just over a mile from the venue. There are a few lousy motels I would not recommend nearby, but they will be over-charging for rooms you would not want to sleep in, anyway. The venue is 20 minutes from Downtown. There you will find the usual chains (Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Hampton) along with several suite-based properties (Embassy Suites Hampton Suites, and Alof).

The Village of East Aurora is 20 minutes from the stadium for those who prefer a mellow, village experience. There is a Hampton Inn along with The Roycroft Inn (a late 1800s-early 1900's inn that was the center of the American Arts and Crafts movement pre-world war 1.

On their last two tours thru Buffalo, the band took over the entire Roycroft Inn once, and part of The Hyatt in 2015.

There are many hotels near the airport, and in Niagara Falls, however, if you are coming for a couple of days, and want dining and bar options (many bars here are open until 4 am), you are much better off to stay in Downtown Buffalo where you will find MUCH more to do.

In 2015, the band arrived a few days early and hung out around town, going to museums and the like for a few days. Maybe they'll do it again.

Thanks for the info.

How far is JFK or Newark airports from Buffalo?

several hour drive

Probably easier and cheaper from Toronto - although you will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) - about £4 odd online - to get into Canada - Air Transat from Manchester were the best value last year.......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 00:27 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Liepger ()
Date: February 12, 2020 00:22

We are planning to fly from Europe in to Toronto. Spending few days there, then we will go by a bus (ticket $ 15., 4+ hours trip) to Buffalo. Showday/showtime, overnight at the hotel there. We will use a bus again next morning, whole day (9+ hrs trip, a sightseeing tour for a foreigner again) to NYC. Will spend 4 full days NYC, then going back home.
Canada eTA costs CAD 7., and is approved within minutes, so it is not an obstacle.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: February 12, 2020 14:51

I'm in... PIT2 now working on Charlotte and Tampa.
Havent been to Buffalo in decades and last it was for Marino -> Kelly shootout. smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 16:20 by chevysales.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 12, 2020 18:27

Liepger
We are planning to fly from Europe in to Toronto. Spending few days there, then we will go by a bus (ticket $ 15., 4+ hours trip) to Buffalo. Showday/showtime, overnight at the hotel there. We will use a bus again next morning, whole day (9+ hrs trip, a sightseeing tour for a foreigner again) to NYC.

It's probably a faster walk. Toronto to Buffalo is only 100 miles or so. It's a two hour drive without traffic at a leisurely pace. If your trip takes 4+ hours you'll be in Syracuse.

Posted by: Liepger ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:03

Thank you, you are right thumbs up
I rechecked the bus schedule - it is slightly less than 4 hours, but still much longer than by a car. Nevermind, no hurry, arriving to Buffalo arnd noon. Anyway, hotel check-in in pm hours only.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: February 12, 2020 21:01

Question: On the Ticketmaster's site, whwn I try to buy tickets, the GA back field is in black. No mention of ''No more seats available''... Can you shed some light, please?

Date: February 13, 2020 15:58

Anyone who has been here recently how far is parking from stadium?

Is it close like Foxboro and MetLife? 81 was so long ago at least for details it is...

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 16:22 by chevysales.

Date: February 13, 2020 16:16

yep me too. and those days are long over for these old bonessmiling smileysmiling smiley

now I get a room day before and day after for a 7 hour drive... as wife is sitting this out. looked at flights but they are all with stops, take 4 hours and cost a fortune IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 09:47 by chevysales.

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: February 13, 2020 19:36

Check here, seem to be plenty and some are close:

[www.google.com]

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 20:06

I am sitting out all the presales. The stadium is very close to my home, under 2 miles. But the ticket prices are way too high. If it was an indoor show, smaller venue, maybe, but not in that setting. For $400 I can see 20 other shows this summer and actually be close enough to see the band without a video screen. For the ticket I would like along the catwalk with a good view, I believe the price was $1,364 US? I would not pay that much to see God (if a god exists), unless he/she had a great opening act. Just my opinion/choice. Not judging what anyone else does with their cash. In 2015, very good seats were $40 day of show. I may try my luck with Lucky Dips or day of show. Best of luck all! Here for travel/local Buffalo info if anyone needs any.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 13, 2020 20:18

buffalo7478
I am sitting out all the presales. The stadium is very close to my home, under 2 miles. But the ticket prices are way too high. If it was an indoor show, smaller venue, maybe, but not in that setting. For $400 I can see 20 other shows this summer and actually be close enough to see the band without a video screen. For the ticket I would like along the catwalk with a good view, I believe the price was $1,364 US? I would not pay that much to see God (if a god exists), unless he/she had a great opening act. Just my opinion/choice. Not judging what anyone else does with their cash. In 2015, very good seats were $40 day of show. I may try my luck with Lucky Dips or day of show. Best of luck all! Here for travel/local Buffalo info if anyone needs any.

I don't why people scrabble now for crazy price tickets either. I got near catwalk - standing - Gold circle for $399 Canadian (£230) in the UK, 5 days before..(Burl's Creek)...........no problem either with courier delivery to a remote part of Wales from Canada............

Still a lot to pay but not as bad as $1,364 US

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: February 13, 2020 22:18

Got two tixx in sec 112 today through the AEG presale! Road tripping from Queens NY so didn't want the hassle of wishing on good Lucky Dips or StubHub...happy to pay a little more to have my mind at ease. First ever trip to Buffalo as we (unwisely) chose Pittsburgh for 2015 Zip... please any advice,is it better to tailgate in the lot or are there any bars a quick drive away? IORR Meetup? My hotel is about a half hr drive away, Hyatt regency. Thanks in advance for any information! Can't believe this great ride is still going!!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 14, 2020 00:46

Overpriced for the event. It’s a damn football stadium. You will be watching those video screens.

Posted by: Gottheblues ()
Date: February 14, 2020 02:15

So cool to be able to see this band again. I thought for sure Foxboro last July would be my last time.
I’ll be flying from Boston and looking for a hotel that is convenient to the Stadium but also easy to do a little sightseeing like Niagara Falls. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 03:41

Hammers lot is where everyone met up last time the shedoobee crew is organizing a party also you can't miss hammers lot there is a big stones tongue there.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2020 18:37

Here is a link to a nice map of the parking lots at the stadium:

[static.clubs.nfl.com]

The lots are huge so compare the size against the stadium. Not sure if all the same rules will apply that are in effect during football games but for the most part probably so. The stage is setup at the right end of the field in front of the head of the logo within the white area only. The dark blue surround is seating.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-14 18:53 by The Sicilian.

Date: February 14, 2020 18:45

No Lucky Dips! Unbelievable. Outrageous ticket prices. I'm out.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 19:34

got my tickets for Buffalo

back to where it all started for me , my first live stones show 1981!!

now where to stay??!!!

and what is this Hammers lot??

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 19:45

A couple of people mentioned the Hammer Lot. I just spoke with Hammer. He is trying to recover his password so he can post on the board. But he is working on trying to connect with Shidoobee also and try to put together a tailgate party at his lot, possibly with live music as he did in 2015. No real details yet, but he did want to let people know he is up for putting a party together, reserved parking spaces, etc. He hopes to post info soon.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 14, 2020 19:46

admorgan
No Lucky Dips! Unbelievable. Outrageous ticket prices. I'm out.

I agree bout prices,I did score some tickets but not where I wanted, at least I’m in the front door.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 14, 2020 19:48

northernale1
got my tickets for Buffalo

back to where it all started for me , my first live stones show 1981!!

now where to stay??!!!

and what is this Hammers lot??

You should have booked a room once date’s were out. You can always cancel. Good luck finding a hotel.

Date: February 14, 2020 20:02

tickets and airport all booked,,

staying out at the Hampton Inn airport!!

anyone else?

Date: February 14, 2020 21:06

I would estimate there are still about 10-20,000 tickets available. Many in the 100 sections where pretty average seats are north of $400 including fees. These will have to come down in price it they want to sell them.

Date: February 14, 2020 21:12

I got the insurance on my tickets with ticketmaster I have never done that before,

if I actually find a better deal on seats, can I really just cancel my original tickets,

seems to good to be true

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: February 14, 2020 21:44

Got 3 on the back floor GA for Buffalo that I wanted. Started with Ticketmaster and their shitty system first, but then problems occured and I finally went with Vivid Seats. Yes, it cost me a bit more but I avoided the hassles and bugs of PickpocketMaster. I'll never say it enough. I hate this crappy ticket system more and more every tour. That'll be the one positive aspect when the stones stop touring.... I won't have to deal with them again.

Date: February 14, 2020 22:28

daniel t
Got 3 on the back floor GA for Buffalo that I wanted. Started with Ticketmaster and their shitty system first, but then problems occured and I finally went with Vivid Seats. Yes, it cost me a bit more but I avoided the hassles and bugs of PickpocketMaster. I'll never say it enough. I hate this crappy ticket system more and more every tour. That'll be the one positive aspect when the stones stop touring.... I won't have to deal with them again.

Are Vivid Seats scalper tickets?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 14, 2020 22:36

northernale1
I got the insurance on my tickets with ticketmaster I have never done that before,

if I actually find a better deal on seats, can I really just cancel my original tickets,

seems to good to be true

The insurance is a scam You you take ill or miss your flight You dont get your money back. If some family issue comes No refund You have to be on your death bed with proof

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home