Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Buffalo, NY USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:38

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 show and travel here:

BUFFALO

Bjornulf

Re: Buffalo, NY USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 00:09

Thinking of doing this one.

Any info would be appreciated, like nearest hotels, best airport to go to.

Know nothing about Buffalo etc.

Would be flying from the UK.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 7, 2020 00:25

odean73

Buffalo (NY): [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 7, 2020 03:26

Stadium is about twenty minutes from the airport

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 03:26 by black n blue.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 04:18

Il be camping at Hammers lot...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 7, 2020 04:31

These three hotels (with website links for each) are all on the same road practically next to each other. All rooms start at about $90 a night and are about a 15 minute drive from the stadium and right alongside the thruway and an exit. It is in a clean no crime suburban neighborhood about a 15 drive from downtown Buffalo and 20 minutes from the airport. Pictures of the outside of the hotel, rooms, pool, etc...are inside the links. All three are fairly new and were there for the 2015 show. I also recommended them.

Staybridge Hotel:

[Staybridge Suites Buffalo]

Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Buffalo:

[Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Buffalo]

Hampton Inn Buffalo:

[Hampton Inn Buffalo]

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 04:48

odean73
Thinking of doing this one.

Any info would be appreciated, like nearest hotels, best airport to go to.

Would be flying from the UK.

Buffalo airport and there's no hotels close (walking distance) to the stadium, it's in a Buffalo suburb called Orchard Park. The closest hotels are a few miles away off the thruway.

Date: February 7, 2020 12:37

Thanks for all the info and hotel links. thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 16:34

ohmercy61
Il be camping at Hammers lot...

Can this place handle a 40ft class a motorhome?

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 17:30

The Sicilian
These three hotels (with website links for each) are all on the same road practically next to each other. All rooms start at about $90 a night and are about a 15 minute drive from the stadium and right alongside the thruway and an exit. It is in a clean no crime suburban neighborhood about a 15 drive from downtown Buffalo and 20 minutes from the airport. Pictures of the outside of the hotel, rooms, pool, etc...are inside the links. All three are fairly new and were there for the 2015 show. I also recommended them.

Staybridge Hotel:

[Staybridge Suites Buffalo]

Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Buffalo:

seems these are all sold out

[Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Buffalo]

Hampton Inn Buffalo:

[Hampton Inn Buffalo]

Date: February 7, 2020 17:51

seems the holtels listed above are sold out

Date: February 7, 2020 19:16

northernale1
seems the holtels listed above are sold out

Only the Hampton is showing sold out to me.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 20:14

2015 show was awesome, band was solid, weather great. Crowd was good too, only issue was trying to get a cab back to my hotel was a challenge, but excited to go back. Will drive this time.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 7, 2020 21:50

Jeter1984
2015 show was awesome, band was solid, weather great. Crowd was good too, only issue was trying to get a cab back to my hotel was a challenge, but excited to go back. Will drive this time.

Agreed about Buffalo 2015 being awesome. I've seen about 15 shows all over the Globe since the 2012 shows, and that Buffalo show ranks right near the top. Still listen to a boot I have of it a lot (especially at the gym). The Midnight Rambler that night was exceptional. And CYHMK - also tremendous.

Date: February 8, 2020 00:11

Buffalo is a very easy city to get around in, and with the show on a Saturday that means most of the work traffic will be off the highway and at home. There will still be traffic in and around the stadium but very manageable because they have HUGE parking lots all around the venue. The stadium is in Orchard Park which is a suburb but only 20 to 30 minutes from downtown Buffalo. It takes longer to walk from your parked vehicle at the stadium to your seat than to drive from downtown Buffalo to the stadium. Tailgating is a very big thing in the parking lots because there is plenty of room to enjoy yourself.

Date: February 8, 2020 00:29

The Sicilian
Buffalo is a very easy city to get around in, and with the show on a Saturday that means most of the work traffic will be off the highway and at home. There will still be traffic in and around the stadium but very manageable because they have HUGE parking lots all around the venue. The stadium is in Orchard Park which is a suburb but only 20 to 30 minutes from downtown Buffalo. It takes longer to walk from your parked vehicle at the stadium to your seat than to drive from downtown Buffalo to the stadium. Tailgating is a very big thing in the parking lots because there is plenty of room to enjoy yourself.

Great info, thanks.

Date: February 8, 2020 16:55

what about out towards the airport to stadium,,,??

last time I was at Rich stadium was 1981, I was much younger then,, drove there and home same day,,,lol

Date: February 9, 2020 19:58

northernale1

last time I was at Rich stadium was 1981, I was much younger then,, drove there and home same day,,,lol

Are you driving in or are you renting a car?

Date: February 9, 2020 21:16

The Sicilian
northernale1

Is it advisable to rent a car? Was hoping not to.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 9, 2020 21:31

Plenty of room for everyone and motor homes.

Date: February 9, 2020 21:47

The Sicilian
northernale1

i will be driving in

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 16:21

Definitely driving this time. As mentioned, only issue in 2015 was the limited supply of cabs/Uber.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 17:47

Uber was pretty new to Buffalo in 2015. Much easier now for either Uber or Lift and the drivers have familiarity with getting people to the stadium for (American) football games over the last few seasons, with designated drop-off and pickup points.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 18:05

If flying in from Europe, it may be much cheaper to fly to Toronto, rent a car and drive the 2 hours to Buffalo.

When going to Europe, we always fly out of Toronto because of the lower fares and access to many more airlines. Buffalo is a smaller city. I live just over a mile from the venue. There are a few lousy motels I would not recommend nearby, but they will be over-charging for rooms you would not want to sleep in, anyway. The venue is 20 minutes from Downtown. There you will find the usual chains (Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Hampton) along with several suite-based properties (Embassy Suites Hampton Suites, and Alof).

The Village of East Aurora is 20 minutes from the stadium for those who prefer a mellow, village experience. There is a Hampton Inn along with The Roycroft Inn (a late 1800s-early 1900's inn that was the center of the American Arts and Crafts movement pre-world war 1.

On their last two tours thru Buffalo, the band took over the entire Roycroft Inn once, and part of The Hyatt in 2015.

There are many hotels near the airport, and in Niagara Falls, however, if you are coming for a couple of days, and want dining and bar options (many bars here are open until 4 am), you are much better off to stay in Downtown Buffalo where you will find MUCH more to do.

In 2015, the band arrived a few days early and hung out around town, going to museums and the like for a few days. Maybe they'll do it again.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 19:11

Buffalo in 2015 does indeed rank - for me - as one of the best shows of theirs that I've seen since I started seeing them live in 1997. Finally got to hear Wild Horses live!! And I must say, St. Paul and the Broken Bones were a fantastic opening act!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-10 22:11 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 10, 2020 23:31

buffalo7478
...The Village of East Aurora is 20 minutes from the stadium for those who prefer a mellow, village experience. There is a Hampton Inn along with The Roycroft Inn (a late 1800s-early 1900's inn that was the center of the American Arts and Crafts movement pre-world war 1.

On their last two tours thru Buffalo, the band took over the entire Roycroft Inn once, and part of The Hyatt in 2015.

I endorse buffalo7478’s suggestion of East Aurora if you are driving. I’ve been to the campus many times, and have stayed at the Roycroft Inn, and it is really exceptional for anyone interested in the Arts and Crafts period and aesthetic. Kicking myself that I didn’t know it was Stones Central in ‘15...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 10, 2020 23:42

SomeTorontoGirl
buffalo7478
...The Village of East Aurora is 20 minutes from the stadium for those who prefer a mellow, village experience. There is a Hampton Inn along with The Roycroft Inn (a late 1800s-early 1900's inn that was the center of the American Arts and Crafts movement pre-world war 1.

I endorse buffalo7478’s suggestion of East Aurora if you are driving. I’ve been to the campus many times, and have stayed at the Roycroft Inn, and it is really exceptional for anyone interested in the Arts and Crafts period and aesthetic. Kicking myself that I didn’t know it was Stones Central in ‘15...

Thats were The Stones stayed in 1997.

Date: February 10, 2020 23:42

buffalo7478
If flying in from Europe, it may be much cheaper to fly to Toronto, rent a car and drive the 2 hours to Buffalo.

When going to Europe, we always fly out of Toronto because of the lower fares and access to many more airlines. Buffalo is a smaller city. I live just over a mile from the venue. There are a few lousy motels I would not recommend nearby, but they will be over-charging for rooms you would not want to sleep in, anyway. The venue is 20 minutes from Downtown. There you will find the usual chains (Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Hampton) along with several suite-based properties (Embassy Suites Hampton Suites, and Alof).

The Village of East Aurora is 20 minutes from the stadium for those who prefer a mellow, village experience. There is a Hampton Inn along with The Roycroft Inn (a late 1800s-early 1900's inn that was the center of the American Arts and Crafts movement pre-world war 1.

There are many hotels near the airport, and in Niagara Falls, however, if you are coming for a couple of days, and want dining and bar options (many bars here are open until 4 am), you are much better off to stay in Downtown Buffalo where you will find MUCH more to do.

In 2015, the band arrived a few days early and hung out around town, going to museums and the like for a few days. Maybe they'll do it again.

Thanks for the info.

How far is JFK or Newark airports from Buffalo?

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: February 11, 2020 02:12

odean73
buffalo7478

Thanks for the info.

several hour drive

Date: February 11, 2020 08:52

OneHourPhoto
odean73
buffalo7478

Thanks for the info.

several hour drive

Thanks, is it possible to get internal flights?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home