Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 34
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 30, 2020 19:18

And no, the app or the Stones website (or indeed Ticketmaster itself) will not advertise these "newly returned" Lucky Dips. The only way you are ever going to see them is to try the direct links.

(In fact, I think the app itself was pretty useless in buying tickets this year, didn't it just basically open up / direct you to the Ticketmaster links without any built-in software to purchase them?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-30 19:19 by Topi.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 1, 2020 21:54

Thank you!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 1, 2020 23:37

With all this talk of Lucky Dips still going on, you'd almost think the Stones are on tour...or something...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-01 23:37 by Hairball.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 2, 2020 09:12

Hairball
With all this talk of Lucky Dips still going on, you'd almost think the Stones are on tour...or something...

Well, it's nor much of a cash outlay.

plexi

Date: July 2, 2020 09:48

Tim is right. It's a very inexpensive hedge. I mean, what is there to lose if you bought a pair of cheap tickets now? If the tour gets completely cancelled, refunds are automatic. No loss.

Date: July 2, 2020 19:01

I wasn't saying whether it's a good or a bad investment, or drawing any conclusions.
I was just commenting on the current enthusiasm for Lucky Dips when there's no tour happening at the moment, or even happening in the foreseeable future.
To everyone who is now investing in future Stones tickets - be they Lucky Dips or Pit tix, wherever and whenever - Good luck. thumbs up

Date: July 2, 2020 20:33

Yeah, I get that. And I also admit I'm naively still somehow believing this tour will go on, but at the same time, I look at the COVID-19 numbers in the USA which are just getting worse. It's bad. I do realize the US tour might get scrapped altogether and the Stones may take their business somewhere else (if even that).

But yeah, as far as Lucky Dips go, normally they are sold on the 1st day of general sales and then that's it. Postponements like last year and this year, with the refunds, are pretty much the only time Lucky Dips are ever going to "drop"/ be available for a second time.

I'm all set for tickets myself, just trying to help anybody who wants to invest in the possibility of seeing the band on the cheap. That's why I share the links on here and on Facebook.

(No, I probably wouldn't be buying a face value pit myself at this time, and those are available for almost every show... winking smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-02 20:34 by Topi.

Date: July 8, 2020 15:29

Thank you Topi!

I got a pair of Tampa LD's yesterday!

Not sure what the future holds for anyone ...including the Stones, but I am a big fan of the LD ticket process.

Date: July 8, 2020 15:45

Good job! Glad you stayed on it. I've been randomly checking on a few cities, but no results. Interesting that Tampa has had available LDs in recent weeks.

Date: July 8, 2020 23:01

Yeah, i checked a few others as well including Atlanta and Nashville. Nothing yet but will literally keep you posted!

Thanks again...VERY much appreciated!

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: July 22, 2020 02:27

Austin and Tampa available.. get them before they are gone

Date: July 22, 2020 03:42

Still waiting for San Diego.

plexi

Date: July 22, 2020 03:45

Lol...thumbs up

deleted
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 22, 2020 18:19

deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 18:43 by MononoM.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 31, 2020 09:53

i just managed me to get LD's for Tampa.. for what its worth..[www.ticketmaster.com]

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: August 31, 2020 17:24

I kept mine for Cleveland and Detroit. Hope springs eternal...

Date: February 19, 2021 11:13

Topi
Austin Lucky Dip link is live as well:

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Austin LDs available.

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: June 4, 2021 05:08

Held onto Detroit, Charlotte, Nashville, Austin, Atlanta, Tampa. See ya all this fall 2021. Let's keep the faith.

Date: June 4, 2021 10:38

IF and when the dates are rescheduled, that's the time to check those Lucky Dip links again. Chances are some people still holding LDs are not able to make the new dates for whatever reason, so they might get refunds for theirs.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 4, 2021 13:17

Sitting on Vancouver, Nashville, and Austin LD's.

Have several other Austin shows scheduled starting the week of Aug 7th.
To combine that trip with a Stones gig would be absolute perfection.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 4, 2021 17:55

Have my Buffalo tix. Here's hoping and that the border is open. I live near Toronto...

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 6, 2021 16:14

I am still holding 2 for Pittsburgh

Date: June 7, 2021 11:34

buffalo7478
I am still holding 2 for Pittsburgh

same here and I've got a hotel reservation.

plexi

Date: June 7, 2021 12:27

dennycranium
Have my Buffalo tix. Here's hoping and that the border is open. I live near Toronto...

Buffalo didn't have Lucky Dips though =)

Date: June 7, 2021 15:51

Topi
dennycranium

Buffalo didn't have Lucky Dips though =)

Going to be able to make the trip Topi?
Looking forward to catching up. Cabin near the border still available winking smiley

Date: June 7, 2021 16:22

MisterDDDD

Looking forward to catching up. Cabin near the border still available winking smiley

That border may not be open in time. Still a wait and see, I guess. I'm still holding tickets for Minny, Nashville and Vancouver at the moment. It would also depend on whether 2 or 3 of those shows are taking place in succession. I really don't see the point of flying across the pond for a one-off, I would need 3 shows to make it worthwhile. The biggest hurdle right now is whether European tourists are allowed in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-07 16:28 by Topi.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 7, 2021 17:26

Topi
MisterDDDD

That border may not be open in time. Still a wait and see, I guess. I'm still holding tickets for Minny, Nashville and Vancouver at the moment. It would also depend on whether 2 or 3 of those shows are taking place in succession. I really don't see the point of flying across the pond for a one-off, I would need 3 shows to make it worthwhile. The biggest hurdle right now is whether European tourists are allowed in.

Well if European tourists aren't allowed in, wouldn't that mean they'd need to possibly find a new singer, drummer and at least one guitar player for the band?

Date: June 7, 2021 17:43

treaclefingers
Topi
MisterDDDD

Well if European tourists aren't allowed in, wouldn't that mean they'd need to possibly find a new singer, drummer and at least one guitar player for the band?

Traveling for "work"/performance is a different animal for performers.
Lands somehow in the "essential travel" category I believe, which many cross each way for even now.

With family still living in BC, while I haven't tried yet, I believe I could make the trip if I concocted the right reason.

Hoping that won't still be the case by tour kick-off or perhaps tour end if they switch it up.
New guidelines coming June 22nd I've read. I'm assuming some type of verifiable vax proof may be required to cross each way. As an example, the border agents could easily access my vax record on my local Health Dept's site with my assistance.

Date: June 7, 2021 18:13

I get the idea of "COVID certificates/"vaccine passports" and everything, and I know the EU is working on one, but another big question is whether there will be reciprocal/mutual recognition of such documents between USA/Canada and the EU countries.

Anyways, straying off the topic of Lucky Dips here, my apologies. We can take this to the tour topic.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 23, 2021 18:37

Would you guys guess that there will be better luck with good locations for lucky dip tickets this tour, considering the pandemic and possible concert hesitancy?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home