Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 13, 2020 02:21

PIT 2 BUFFALO
PIT 2 DETROIT
PIT 2 CLEVELAND
PIT 2 PITTSBURGH

Posted by: VicJagger ()
Date: February 13, 2020 02:25

How did you do it? Did you do VIP?

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 02:36

What exactly do you get for VIP pit ticket? I got regular VIP pit tickets most the platinum vip they wanted 888 for that.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: February 13, 2020 02:53

Somebody talk me down off the ledge. I want a pit ticket for San Diego. On Friday if I can’t get one, do I spend the extra $250 for the VIP (worthless stuff) pit, or wait to get face value pit at a later date? This will be the only show I go to this tour, so getting pit is super important to me.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 13, 2020 03:35

JadedFaded
Somebody talk me down off the ledge. I want a pit ticket for San Diego. On Friday if I can’t get one, do I spend the extra $250 for the VIP (worthless stuff) pit, or wait to get face value pit at a later date? This will be the only show I go to this tour, so getting pit is super important to me.

Patience. You will get pit if you want pit.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 13, 2020 04:20

JadedFaded

I'm in a similar situation with San Diego being my only show this tour (as of right now anyways), but don't think I could splurge for the VIP's; with fees that takes it well over $800 for a single ticket. On the other hand, I've thought to myself:
"this could be the very last time I ever see the Stones and I want the best experience possible"...so with that frame of mind, an extra couple hundred doesn't seem so bad. But I'm having enough trouble even justifying a face value pit ticket at $500!
Yes I saved alot of money last tour with Lucky Dips (and was gifted with pit both times), and the money saved then could be seen as money going towards the new show, but I already spent that extra money long ago! smiling smiley

As the world turns, more presales tomorrow followed by general sales on Friday...stay tuned as the drama unfolds! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 04:23 by Hairball.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 04:40

I went through a ton of emotions today 1) I'm finally out of the waiting room 2) Ok, these tickets look good 3) the ones I want are disappearing quickly 4) GA floor for $139 sounds good 5) wait, I don't have an American Express card so I can't buy them 6) Ok, I'm over pre sales, I'll wait until Friday 7) Wait what am I doing what if they sell out 8) ok, I'm getting tickets 9) clear head, look for what you actually want, and purchase. 10) Totally happy with my decission!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 04:49

TumblinDice76
I went through a ton of emotions today 1) I'm finally out of the waiting room 2) Ok, these tickets look good 3) the ones I want are disappearing quickly 4) GA floor for $139 sounds good 5) wait, I don't have an American Express card so I can't buy them 6) Ok, I'm over pre sales, I'll wait until Friday 7) Wait what am I doing what if they sell out 8) ok, I'm getting tickets 9) clear head, look for what you actually want, and purchase. 10) Totally happy with my decission!

Pretty similar, except I called my friend who has an American Express card to get the seats I wanted within my price range then Quick Paid them.

Skip ahead and at stage 10 of totally happy with decision smiling smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 13, 2020 05:14

JadedFaded

San Diego will have High Demand for location and opener. I'm sure you can get $50 back from your merchandise and have peace of mind until then. Or wait and maybe you get the price you want and be willing to pay $1500 later...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 13, 2020 05:17

Hairball
JadedFaded

I'm in a similar situation with San Diego being my only show this tour (as of right now anyways), but don't think I could splurge for the VIP's; with fees that takes it well over $800 for a single ticket. On the other hand, I've thought to myself:
"this could be the very last time I ever see the Stones and I want the best experience possible"...so with that frame of mind, an extra couple hundred doesn't seem so bad. But I'm having enough trouble even justifying a face value pit ticket at $500!
Yes I saved alot of money last tour with Lucky Dips (and was gifted with pit both times), and the money saved then could be seen as money going towards the new show, but I already spent that extra money long ago! smiling smiley

As the world turns, more presales tomorrow followed by general sales on Friday...stay tuned as the drama unfolds! winking smiley

I think you've thought of a good justification for what you want/need to do anyway, so follow it!! Or, wait and see if something turns up later. Depends on you and your patience, level of panic setting in, and so on.

plexi

Date: February 13, 2020 05:28

OK, so does this sound like a plan? :

First, be sure my TM account works and is updated

Second, call my banks/card companies and tell them to expect charges from Ticketmaster which could be from anywhere in the country. So they don't reject me for fraud. Also get them to temporarily raise my daily credit limit if necessary.

I am going strictly for Lucky Dips.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh early on Friday -- use my desktop, laptop and the Stones app on my phone, all using the same Ticketmaster account and the same credit card.

San Diego and Vancouver three hours later -- same.

Is there any reason to get more than one TM account?

And do you see any problems with my strategy, and/or some other things I might do to enhance the odds of getting my LD tix?

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 05:30 by timbernardis.

Date: February 13, 2020 05:37

timbernardis
OK, so does this sound like a plan? :

First, be sure my TM account works and is updated

Second, call my banks/card companies and tell them to expect charges from Ticketmaster which could be from anywhere in the country. So they don't reject me for fraud. Also get them to temporarily raise my daily credit limit if necessary.

I am going strictly for Lucky Dips.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh early on Friday -- use my desktop, laptop and the Stones app on my phone, all using the same Ticketmaster account and the same credit card.

San Diego and Vancouver three hours later -- same.

Is there any reason to get more than one TM account?

And do you see any problems with my strategy, and/or some other things I might do to enhance the odds of getting my LD tix?

plexi

If you have more than one account you need to do 2 things. Use your home computer for oone and phone NOT CONNECTED TO WIRELESS for the other. You also need 2 phone numbers, real numbers and not Google Voice. I used a froend's number and had them text me the code for the second account. I tried this today using Tampa to learn and by San Diego had it figured.

Also another presale for tomorrow.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: February 13, 2020 05:44

If it's ok to ask, does anyone have presale codes for Feb 13?

Date: February 13, 2020 05:51

I will be doing this from work so my desktop is a hardwired connection, not wireless, but my phone could either be on the institutional wireless or my data plan and my laptop would be on the institutional wireless.

What is a phone not connected to wireless anyway, a land line? How would that work? I could also use my wife's cell phone with her own account if that is necessary.

Still, why do I need two accounts? Last year, I got LDs for both Chicago shows in the same hour and later in the day Denver. All three on the same day using one account and one credit card.

plexi

Date: February 13, 2020 06:12

timbernardis
I will be doing this from work so my desktop is a hardwired connection, not wireless, but my phone could either be on the institutional wireless or my data plan and my laptop would be on the institutional wireless.

What is a phone not connected to wireless anyway, a land line? How would that work? I could also use my wife's cell phone with her own account if that is necessary.

Still, why do I need two accounts? Last year, I got LDs for both Chicago shows in the same hour and later in the day Denver. All three on the same day using one account and one credit card.

plexi

The way it is working now one spot in the queu per account per show. Multiple shows can be attempted. If you try you will get an error message on the second attempt telling you are in the queue.

A cell phone is either using voip (connected to wireless using the IP address of the network or using the cellular network. In all liklihood you are not connecting to your company's wi-fi on the phone.

Ticketmaster has changed things since last year. For last year's tour I used 3 computers running chrome, firefox and ie plus phone. That no longer works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 06:13 by daspyknows.

Date: February 13, 2020 06:14

vibrolux

Rolling Stones Pre-Sale codes

The pre-sale passwords are as follows: MISSYOU for SDCCU Stadium; RESCUE for AEG; EMOTIONAL for Ticketmaster; SHATTER for participating radio stations; and IHEART for participating IHEART radio stations.

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: February 13, 2020 06:21

Guys what pre sale is Thursday morning the 13th?

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 06:40

New ticket master rules.. one device only per account and unique phone number and credit card for each account. You can have tabs opent for each show you want but not more than one tab per show. The killer is each show you have to enter cell and they text you a code you have to enter - every show and every time you log in for that show. PAINFUL

Date: February 13, 2020 06:45

OK, I think I see what you (daspy) are saying ...

So long as I have a way of getting two codes, and the only way to do that is by having two phones (in this case, my own and my wife's phone), I can use those codes on any device so long as I have two accounts, each with their own credit or debit card. And each account would need to have their own e mail address and phone number?

Two different TM accounts would be best to maximize chances of getting what I want, in this case, Lucky Dip.

But I can, if I want, just use one account on one device to order all my tickets. In this case, I would be going for Cleveland and Pittsburgh which are EST, then San Diego and Vancouver which are on PST. So this would mean I would have to have two open windows at a time, one for each pair of concerts.

I'm quite certain I have the choice of connecting on my phone to either wireless or to my Verizon data. I can set it to either on my phone.

Is there a reason to have more than one rollingstones.com accounts?

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 07:19 by timbernardis.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: February 13, 2020 06:49

daspyknows
vibrolux

Rolling Stones Pre-Sale codes

The pre-sale passwords are as follows: MISSYOU for SDCCU Stadium; RESCUE for AEG; EMOTIONAL for Ticketmaster; SHATTER for participating radio stations; and IHEART for participating IHEART radio stations.

Thank you!

Date: February 13, 2020 07:01

timbernardis
OK, I think I see what you (daspy) are saying ...

So long as I have a way of getting two codes, and the only way to do that is by having two phones (in this case, my own and my wife's phone), I can use those codes on any device so long as I have two accounts, each with their own credit or debit card. And each account would need to have their own e mail address and phone number?

Two different TM accounts would be best to maximize chances of getting what I want, in this case, Lucky Dip.

But I can, if I want, just use one account on one device to order all my tickets. In this case, I would be going for Cleveland and Pittsburgh which are EST, then San Diego and Vancouver which are on PST. So this would mean I would have to have two open windows at a time, one for each pair of concerts.

I'm quite I have the choice of connecting on my phone to either wireless or to my Verizon data. I can set it to either on my phone.

Is there a reason to have more than one rollingstones.com accounts?

plexi

You got it. Rollingstones.com accounts do not matter, it is the ticketmaster account that you need to have two accounts on 2 devices with 2 phone numbers. You can have 1 browser window per event. That means you can do Cleveland and Pittsburgh at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Date: February 13, 2020 07:35

I just re-read all the recent posts after I posed my question above, letting it all come together and sink in.

I have two 32" monitors for my desktop at work. Say for the Cleveland show, open two different windows each using one account, one on each monitor for easy viewing. Try to get in 30 minutes before they go on sale to improve my spot in the queue.

At the exact same time (30 minutes before 10 am EST) for the Pittsburgh show, use my laptop and my phone, one account on each.

So I am juggling four connections to TM at one time on three devices.

The exact same scenario would work for my two West Coast shows.

But an important question -- can you use the Lucky Dip button on the Stones site 30 minutes early? I think not, they only go live at 10 am EST. Unless someone knows of a way to get in a queue ahead of time. Otherwise, I must wait to get in til 10 am.

Is the above workable?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 07:36 by timbernardis.

Date: February 13, 2020 07:42

And what are "local presales" and "Ticketmaster presales"? What must you do or have to access those presales? Looking to do some more practicing tomorrow.

plexi

Addendum: you used to be able to exclude resale tickets in TM same as you can filter out all the VIP packages and other categories. No more.

When you mouse over certain sections of seats, sometimes you get the price and how many are available in that section, but they ask "offer code required" -- what does that mean? It's not the presale code RAINBOW as when I re-entered that, it did not stop these messages.

Also, there are like two or three shades of blue for certain sections. What do those mean, there is no guide to them on the stadium pages.

Update to the Addendum:
I see that only the dark blue sections give the Offer Code Required message, not the sections shaded in light blue. Still, what does it mean?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 08:00 by timbernardis.

Date: February 13, 2020 07:46

With this new TM scenario of being sent specific code, will be interesting to see how the Lucky Dips situation works.
IfI recall, last tour you clicked on a link on rollingstones.com and were sent directly to a ticketmaster page that only shows Lucky Dips - from there you were immediately allowed to click on them and purchase.
But now, will you have to have a code texted to you before you can jump on the Lucky Dips? If so, it's sure to cause alot of panic and headaches...

Date: February 13, 2020 07:54

Hairball
With this new TM scenario of being sent specific code, will be interesting to see how the Lucky Dips situation works.
IfI recall, last tour you clicked on a link on rollingstones.com and were sent directly to a ticketmaster page that only shows Lucky Dips - from there you were immediately allowed to click on them and purchase.
But now, will you have to have a code texted to you before you can jump on the Lucky Dips? If so, it's sure to cause alot of panic and headaches...

shouldn't be a panic, the code comes on your cell phone right away and you just need to put the code in. The only question is: do you have to wait to get in til 10 am on the button, or is it possible to queue up early (as I noted above)?

But I give you that it IS annoying, just one more hoop to jump through. Adds a little more time to the buying process.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 07:55 by timbernardis.

Date: February 13, 2020 07:57

timbernardis
I just re-read all the recent posts after I posed my question above, letting it all come together and sink in.

I have two 32" monitors for my desktop at work. Say for the Cleveland show, open two different windows each using one account, one on each monitor for easy viewing. Try to get in 30 minutes before they go on sale to improve my spot in the queue.

At the exact same time (30 minutes before 10 am EST) for the Pittsburgh show, use my laptop and my phone, one account on each.

So I am juggling four connections to TM at one time on three devices.

The exact same scenario would work for my two West Coast shows.

But an important question -- can you use the Lucky Dip button on the Stones site 30 minutes early? I think not, they only go live at 10 am EST. Unless someone knows of a way to get in a queue ahead of time. Otherwise, I must wait to get in til 10 am.

Is the above workable?

plexi

Not sure how the lucky dip component works but it ultimately routes you to ticketmaster so ticketmaster rules apply. Other than that I think you have it.

Also the waiting room opened on phone today 30 minutes before but on computer only 10. Just passing on the observations for what its worth.

Date: February 13, 2020 07:58

timbernardis
And what are "local presales" and "Ticketmaster presales"? What must you do or have to access those presales? Looking to do some more practicing tomorrow.

plexi

Addendum: you used to be able to exclude resale tickets in TM same as you can filter out all the VIP packages and other categories. No more.

When you mouse over certain sections of seats, sometimes you get the price and how many are available in that section, but they ask "offer code required" -- what does that mean? It's not the presale code RAINBOW as when I re-entered that, it did not stop these messages.

Also, there are like two or three shades of blue for certain sections. What do those mean, there is no guide to them on the stadium pages.

Just different codes that work in different venues. see my response above with codes.

You can still filter out platinum vip and resale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 07:59 by daspyknows.

Date: February 13, 2020 08:08

Update to the Addendum:
I see that only the dark blue sections give the Offer Code Required message, not the sections shaded in light blue. Still, what does it mean?

And for San Diego and Vancouver anyway in the fan club presale today, I see no option to filter out resale tix. Exactly where do you find this filter? When I click on Type, this is what appears:

The Rolling Stones Fan Club Presale

NO FILTER 'PIT' VIP PACKAGE

NO FILTER 'RED' VIP PACKAGE

NO FILTER 'BLUE' VIP PACKAGE

NO FILTER 'GREEN' VIP PACKAGE

NO FILTER 'BLACK' VIP PACKAGE

NO FILTER 'YELLOW' VIP PACKAGE

Front Of The Line by American Express Invites Presale Tickets

Official Platinum

I just did a simple copy and paste of what I found on the San Diego and Vancouver ticket/seat map pages.

plexi

Date: February 13, 2020 08:08

timbernardis
The only question is: do you have to wait to get in til 10 am on the button, or is it possible to queue up early (as I noted above)?

Again, based on last tour and memory, you had to wait until after 10:00 until the Lucky Dip button appeared on Rollingstones.com, but from there you were directed to a specific TM Lucky Dip page that bypassed any qeue.

Date: February 13, 2020 08:19

Hairball
timbernardis
The only question is: do you have to wait to get in til 10 am on the button, or is it possible to queue up early (as I noted above)?

Again, based on last tour and memory, you had to wait until after 10:00 until the Lucky Dip button appeared on Rollingstones.com, but from there you were directed to a specific TM Lucky Dip page that bypassed any qeue.

I think you are right, but we won't know til Friday if there will be any changes. Have to ride along with the process, whatever that process will be.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home