Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...120121122123124125126127128129130...LastNext
Current Page: 125 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Date: June 8, 2021 00:23

This is interesting.

[www.yahoo.com]

So many other bands are rescheduling or announcing tours this summer and fall it makes it hard to believe the Stones can't pull off a tour as well.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 00:32

How long did Ride Em On Down and the other B&L songs last on that tour? Did they make it to the end?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 01:05

Hairball
grzegorz67

It will be interesting to see how they recoup the extra costs, given most tickets have already been sold. More expensive merch and food is my guess.

Reminds me of the deluxe Hazmat suits w/tongue logo someone mentioned previously - they'll cost $1,000 , and will now be required for entry!

grinning smiley

2 points :

1. For the band, or indeed any other act, can you imagine walking onto a stage faced with thousands of people dressed up like that spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ???

2. Do you need a new one for every show??? If so, that would be one seriously expensive tour!!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 8, 2021 01:22

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2021 01:24

grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67

It will be interesting to see how they recoup the extra costs, given most tickets have already been sold. More expensive merch and food is my guess.

Reminds me of the deluxe Hazmat suits w/tongue logo someone mentioned previously - they'll cost $1,000 , and will now be required for entry!

smiling smiley

2 points :

1. For the band, or indeed any other act, can you imagine walking onto a stage faced with thousands of people dressed up like that spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ???

2. Do you need a new one for every show??? If so, that would be one seriously expensive tour!!!

winking smiley

For insurance reasons, the band will also be required to wear them as an extra safety precaution for themselves, the fans, the security, and the staff.
And yes, the fan versions are good for only one show - they will have the date of show on back in bold lettering, and can only be worn on that specific date.
The gloves will also be required at additional cost, and color coded for each section of the stadium to designate where you will be located - Pit gloves will be bright red!

winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 01:42

Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67

smiling smiley

2 points :

winking smiley

For insurance reasons, the band will also be required to wear them as an extra safety precaution for themselves, the fans, the security, and the staff.
And yes, the fan versions are good for only one show - they will have the date of show on back in bold lettering, and can only be worn on that specific date.
The gloves will also be required at additional cost, and color coded for each section of the stadium to designate where you will be located - Pit gloves will be bright red!

winking smiley

Excellent! Sounds like fun winking smiley Single use $1,000 suits with the date printed on the back would be some souvenir, and those coveted red rubber gloves all the more so grinning smiley Even I might be tempted across...

Parking the satire, surely, surely they’ll replace the cancelled San Diego date at the now demolished stadium with another close by? I can’t believe they’ll cut out the West Coast altogether. It’s such a huge market.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: June 8, 2021 02:00

Could the Stones be coming early?
Central Park to host 'iconic' concert celebrating NYC's return from pandemic.
Although there is currently no line-up yet, de Blasio said he wants a three-hour show for 60,000 fans and eight "iconic" musicians performing.
Added: around August 21st.
Clive Davis will be the producer.
Close to 70% of NY adults had at least 1 vaccination.
Too bad last weekends PGA leader Jon Rahm chose not to get vaccinated, he was forced to withdraw when he tested positive.
PGA had Vaccinations available on Fridays for Golfers who didn't make the cut and Sunday for those that did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-08 02:03 by 1badgator.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 8, 2021 02:28

1badgator

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 02:31

Springsteen just announced summer dates in NYC for his Broadway show. June 26-Sept 4.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 8, 2021 02:41

Springsteen is vaccine-only, BTW.

Date: June 8, 2021 02:55

I think it will be Billy Joel.
Somewhere I heard the rumor he was going to play there some time back.

bye bye johnny
1badgator

[www.nytimes.com]

Date: June 8, 2021 03:07

georgemcdonnell314

bye bye johnny
1badgator

[www.nytimes.com]

Times article says there will be multiple "iconic" acts.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 03:14

bye bye johnny
georgemcdonnell314

bye bye johnny
1badgator

[www.nytimes.com]

Springsteen is off that day from Broadway despite playing Saturday in a normal Broadway week that he’s on (part of normal schedule).

Not sure he plays with E Street but seems like will certainly be involved.

Date: June 8, 2021 03:16

bye bye johnny
georgemcdonnell314

bye bye johnny
1badgator

[www.nytimes.com]

I nominate Paul Simon...w/a slim possibility of Garfunkel joining him.

Date: June 8, 2021 03:27

Eight iconic acts...so Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, Bill, Mick T...need two more! winking smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 8, 2021 03:46

TumblinDice76
How long did Ride Em On Down and the other B&L songs last on that tour? Did they make it to the end?

No, as I remember, they only made the first few shows.

Date: June 8, 2021 04:43

swimtothemoon
TumblinDice76

No, as I remember, they only made the first few shows.

Before the album was released in Dec. '16, Ride 'Em on Down was played at Desert Trip wkd.1 and the *Vegas show, while Just Your Fool was played at Desert Trip wkd. II, and they were great.
And after a glimpse at the IORR tour pages, seems those along with Hate to See You Go were played throughout 2017 and 2018 - sometimes two of them, sometimes just one of them.
In 2019, Ride 'Em on Down was played at Chicago 2 (again, it was great) and also the 5th show in Boston, then looks like anything from B&L was dropped the rest of the tour.
Might not be totally accurate as I didn't look at every single show of No Filter legs I, II, and III, , but seems the album was at least somewhat represented for several years.
Whatever the case, those tunes were always great live (much better than the studio versions), and would have been nice if they played more than they did.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 8, 2021 04:50

Great news for BC on the Covid front.
Vancouver may end up being the opener after all.

My hunch is the band would (rightfully) wait until the PM announces the expected new Covid guidelines later this month before announcing the opener and new tour schedule.

B.C. COVID cases, hospitalizations fall; about three quarters of adults vaccinated

Deputy Public Health Officer Dr. Réka Gustafson says 74 per cent of adults in B.C. and 72 per cent of British Columbians aged 12 and up have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

Over the weekend, 146,911 COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered, 57,521 of which were second doses.

In total, 3,635,795 doses have been administered, including 314,246 which are second doses.
[www.citynews1130.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-08 04:54 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 04:59

makemeburnthecandle
Genesis is touring in November and December. Perhaps they are all US citizens?

They're hoping travel restrictions will be lifted by then. If restrictions are still imposed and/or venue capacity restrictions are imposed, Genesis will postpone like Rod Stewart and Def Leppard have.

With the Delta variant beginning to take hold in Britain, I'm less positive travel restrictions are going to be lifted soon or exceptions made for O/P1 entertainer visas.

That said, the Machine is in gear, a tour is planned. But there has been no announcement, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 8, 2021 05:10

MisterDDDD
Great news for BC on the Covid front.
Vancouver may end up being the opener after all.

My hunch is the band would (rightfully) wait until the PM announces the expected new Covid guidelines later this month before announcing the opener and new tour schedule.

B.C. COVID cases, hospitalizations fall; about three quarters of adults vaccinated

Deputy Public Health Officer Dr. Réka Gustafson says 74 per cent of adults in B.C. and 72 per cent of British Columbians aged 12 and up have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

Over the weekend, 146,911 COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered, 57,521 of which were second doses.

In total, 3,635,795 doses have been administered, including 314,246 which are second doses.
[www.citynews1130.com]

My fingers and toes are crossed...the one show I have tickets for.

Date: June 8, 2021 05:20

GlimmerGirl24
makemeburnthecandle
Genesis is touring in November and December. Perhaps they are all US citizens?

They're hoping travel restrictions will be lifted by then. If restrictions are still imposed and/or venue capacity restrictions are imposed, Genesis will postpone like Rod Stewart and Def Leppard have.

With the Delta variant beginning to take hold in Britain, I'm less positive travel restrictions are going to be lifted soon or exceptions made for O/P1 entertainer visas.

That said, the Machine is in gear, a tour is planned. But there has been no announcement, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Words of wisdom.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: June 8, 2021 05:21

About the tour dates' sequencing:

In 2020 the Pittsburgh show was to be 39 days after Minneapolis'.

Don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but IF the Aug 28 and Oct 3, 2021 dates that have been talked about here both turn out to be correct (a big if, I know) that would put Pittsburgh 37 days after Minneapolis.

Which might suggest they're trying to not just schedule as many of the originally planned 15 cities as possible, but maybe even in as close to the originally planned sequence as they can get them this August - October.

I have Nashville and Atlanta pit tix.

Since Spring 2020 I've wondered if the Stones intentionally sought to finish out that leg of No Filter in the Deep South. So that, JUST IN CASE circumstances beyond their control were to force it to be their last North American tour, that they'd have finished their playing in America in a venue close to the original source of the music that they built their band on.

Atlanta isn't ideally close, no. The Ole Miss football stadium in Oxford would have been closer to the crossroads of Highways 61 and 49. Or Louisiana State's stadium in the Mississipi River delta. That might have telegraphed too much, though... raised unwanted questions. Also, it's a monstrously expensive tour to put on, so they play urban centers. And they'd played New Orleans the 2019 leg.

Atlanta would work fairly well. Looking again just now, it's similar distances from Birmingham AL, Nashville, and, Get on down, James Brown's hometown in SC.

I have no idea if I'm right or wrong about this, of course. I do agree with the prevailing sentiment here that the Stones may never pre-plan that "Tour X is gonna be our last." That instead they'll rock on until something -- physical incapacity, mortality -- stops them.

So, finishing 2020... or now 2021... in the Deep South, if it was chosen as an homage, a tribute, gesture, bow to the great bluesmen who inspired them, it, again, would only be for the contingency that the Stones HAPPEN to not make it back.

Either way, if we do get a fall tour, I'm curious if Atlanta is going to still be the tour closer.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 05:28

Hairball-thanks for the info. I forgot Ride Em On Down was played at Chicago 2. Pretty killer version too. Kind of wish they would keep at least on B&L song along with Ghost Town. It will be interesting if any more Goats Head songs make the rotation. 40th Anniv year for Tattoo You.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 8, 2021 09:58

Topi
Oh, I would bet parking goes to the venue. The only thing the venue makes money out of are the concessions and the parking, etc. - they have nothing to do with ticketing.

[www.quora.com]

(and when you think about it, compared to what the Stones demand as a guarantee for A show - what's that, 4-5 million? - parking really is chump change)

Maybe not chump change. For example, the Oakland Coliseum Stadium has 10,000 parking spaces x $50 per space = half a million dollars. I know about ten years ago, I paid $50 for a space across the Bay at a San Francisco Giants baseball game.

plexi

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 09:59

kv2915
Springsteen just announced summer dates in NYC for his Broadway show. June 26-Sept 4.

As I think all concerts should be. (Vaccinated only that is - replied to wrong post).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-08 14:11 by Matt1984.

Date: June 8, 2021 15:28

Names mooted for the Central Park show don't include the Stones.

[www.showbiz411.com]

Date: June 8, 2021 16:07

Another new show just announced requiring full vax is the Foo Fighters @ MSG on June 20.

Date: June 8, 2021 16:24

Meanwhile, on this side of the pond, there is a G7 meeting in Cornwall coming up and airline bosses are hoping the President and the Prime Minister can agree to open a travel corridor between the UK and the USA.

UK And US Airlines Plead For A Transatlantic Green Travel Corridor.
Airlines on both sides of the Atlantic today joined forces to plead for a travel corridor to be opened between the United Kingdom and the United States. The airlines made the call ahead of a meeting of G7 leaders in Cornwall, England, at the weekend.

Vaccines have been touted as a way to reopen travel in a post-COVID world. Two nations with a significant vaccinated population are the UK and the US. Despite this, travel between the two nations is unattractive for many and impossible for some. This is due to restrictions on who can travel, tied with quarantine rules for those who can.

A call for travel
Today the CEOs of American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Heathrow Airport, JetBlue, United Airlines, the US Travel Association, and Virgin Atlantic hosted a virtual meeting. During the meeting, the group called on both US President Biden and UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson to make travel between the two nations possible. The two Government leaders are set to meet ahead of the G7 Summit on Thursday.

[simpleflying.com]

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 18:49

timbernardis
Topi
Oh, I would bet parking goes to the venue. The only thing the venue makes money out of are the concessions and the parking, etc. - they have nothing to do with ticketing.

[www.quora.com]

(and when you think about it, compared to what the Stones demand as a guarantee for A show - what's that, 4-5 million? - parking really is chump change)

Maybe not chump change. For example, the Oakland Coliseum Stadium has 10,000 parking spaces x $50 per space = half a million dollars. I know about ten years ago, I paid $50 for a space across the Bay at a San Francisco Giants baseball game.

plexi

I would imagine "parking" goes to the stadium, but I also wouldn't put it past the Stones or other "A-Listers" & their lawyers to negotiate a cut of that.

...and Plexi is 100% correct: it's not chump-change at all...it's "easy money"...10s or 100s of thousands of dollars every concert/game.

Besides, this is the easiest money they make. It's pavement w/ lines on it and they charge $30-$150 (at Foxboro) for temporary use.

that's also precisely why every hotel and restaurant along Rt. 1 into Foxboro rents out their parking lot spaces for concerts/games...it's dead-space that costs essentially nothing to maintain....easy money.

besides...there's no such thing as "chump change"...that's how the rich get rich and stay rich...by never writing anything off as "chump change"...

Date: June 8, 2021 20:44

Of course it all adds up, what I meant was that parking revenues per a given show probably pale in comparison to the Stones guarantee.

Naturally, I have no idea if they have an in on the ancillary revenues, and how big of a % that may be.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...120121122123124125126127128129130...LastNext
Current Page: 125 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home