Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sarah Dash
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 21, 2005 07:53

I love Lisa Fischer, but Sarah Dash - who sang with Keith on Talk Is Cheap and Winos Live - is absolutely unbelievable (check out No Mistake or Time Is On My Side on the live album). Did she ever sing with the Stones? Anybody know what's she's doing now?

Re: Sarah Dash
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: October 21, 2005 07:56

orn in New Jersey, R&B vocalist's main gig and claim to fame in the 1970s was backing Patti Labelle. She also started guesting on rock artists' albums, however, like Alice Cooper and David Johansen. In 1988, Dash was hired by Keith to sing on his first solo album. She went on to guest at some of his shows on his solo tour, and did the same almost simultaneously for shows held by Bo Diddley and Ron Wood. The following year, she contributed vocals to the Stones' Steel Wheels album. In 1992, she did more work on Keith's second solo album. Dash's career since has mostly been low profile.

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 21, 2005 07:58

Thanks!

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: October 21, 2005 09:50

I read on the Patti Labelle homepage that she is planning for a Labelle
reunion with the original members Sarah Dash and Nona Hendryx.
Matt

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: October 21, 2005 10:14

I was at Keith's concert in Cologne in 1992, and Sarah Dash sang "Time Is On my Side". It was absolutely unbelievable ... what a voice!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1988
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home