Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - Ozzy has Parkinson's
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 20, 2020 17:12

Paddy
He’s pretty good with melodies

Yup! One day Randy Rhoads was warming up on guitar, and he was sliding his left hand up and down the neck. Ozzy heard this, told Rhoads to do it over and again... Eventually this "guitar noise" became the intro of "Suicide Solution". thumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 1, 2020 16:14

steffialicia
Stonesfan62
TornAndFried
Poor Ozzy, but he had a good life. Hopefully the end won't be too painful. I give him 3 years.

As someone with Parkinsons I find this post very offensive and uncaring!!!!!!

Yes, truly and completely insensitive.

People can live with Parkinsons for a long time (think Muhammad Ali and Michael J Fox) but it is a degenerative condition with no known cure. The Mother of a friend if mine died last year. In her early 70s but diagnosed some 20 years ago with the condition. Very sad. Comedian Billy Connolly was diagnosed with the condition some years ago and has now retired from touring.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: March 1, 2020 17:10

Stonesfan62
TornAndFried
Poor Ozzy, but he had a good life. Hopefully the end won't be too painful. I give him 3 years.

As someone with Parkinsons I find this post very offensive and uncaring!!!!!!

I felt the need to respond to you, Stonesfan62, and to give you my best wishes. I'm hanging in there pretty well after my diagnosis almost 2 1/2 years ago, still playing music with my bands here in Atlanta. I hope to still be rockin' over the next several years! Hope you are well, when did you get diagnosed?

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: March 2, 2020 21:46

Hi Mongoose I was diagnosed 6 years ago and although it was a shock to begin with I've learnt to adjust. Parkinsons is not something you can die from, yes it is a serious illness but there a far worse things to deal with. It is important to exercise and stay as active as you can. Ì will be flying to the USA in June to see the Stones and I can't wait.The thought of seeing the Stones soon has given me a real boost.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 3, 2020 02:09

Stonesfan62
Hi Mongoose I was diagnosed 6 years ago and although it was a shock to begin with I've learnt to adjust. Parkinsons is not something you can die from, yes it is a serious illness but there a far worse things to deal with. It is important to exercise and stay as active as you can. Ì will be flying to the USA in June to see the Stones and I can't wait.The thought of seeing the Stones soon has given me a real boost.

I also feel the need to respond to you about how you reacted (understandably) TornAndFried's post.

Upon hearing for the first time a friend or loved one has been diagnosed or dealing with this disease, how should somebody respond to them?

I'd be mortified if my response was insensitive or rude to someone who is dealing with this (or any other) health issue. I hope you can continue to bravely cope with Parkinson's (which is plain to see you have been!)

I'll be in Buffalo this year, maybe we can meet up. I'm from the area and can show people around.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home