Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Formula for how many "true fans" at shows
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 20, 2005 21:45

I figure about all the Stones fanatics – the ones that know the obscure album tracks, etc. – are the ones that rushed out an bought A Bigger Bang the first two weeks. It sold what, about 200,000 copies? Ok, figure most of those folks go to a show, with those going to multiple shows picking up slack for those that don’t go to any shows. How many are going to this tour total? Maybe a million? Anyone know? Assuming a million, then maybe one fan in five is into all the obscure tunes and album cuts – not a bad ratio, really. Thoughts?

Re: Formula for how many "true fans" at shows
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 20, 2005 22:46

Send It: I like your theory in general, but the 200,000 misses any copying/burning and wouldn't reflect actual number of people due to shared ABB copies. For instance, my wife is a big Stones fan, and so am I. We both attended two shows this year, but we only purchased one copy of ABB. Also, I don't know that you can assume that somebody who doesn't buy ABB in the first two weeks doesn't know the Stones catalog. As Gazza and some other folks have pointed-out, millions of people have purchased Sticky Fingers or Tattoo You. So, they theoretically should know I Got the Blues, or Little T&A, or Moonlight Mile. Perhaps though they've moved out of the new-disc-buying population. Or maybe they haven't bought a CD player yet! :-)

Anyway, it's an interesting question-the catalog knowledge of the average concert-goer. Your number might be pretty good.

Karl

Date: October 21, 2005 00:52

I think it's about 10% hardcore fans in Europe, 5% hardcore fans in USA, 1% hardcore fans elsewhere

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 21, 2005 02:25

Send It To me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I figure about all the Stones fanatics – the ones
> that know the obscure album tracks,
just cause you know the obscure album tracks doesnt make you a true fan. If you bitch cause the Stones never play any of them, it does make you a brain-dead fan LOL,

Date: October 21, 2005 07:33

If wanting to hear some Exile tracks live that have never been done in concert instead of Miss You for the 150th time makes us brain dead,what would you call people that are amused by You Got Me Rocking on every tour?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2005 07:39

This does not make sense. I know fans who love the Stones more than me and they can't even afford bootlegs let alone concerts. You can't "measure" a hard core fan. This is not science. It's passion.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: October 21, 2005 23:44

Right you are BV! (as usual!)

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 21, 2005 23:54

Have you been to Japan? There are actually stores that specialize in Stones stuff. I suspect that there are more "hardcore" fans at a concert there than anywhere else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home