Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How do you store your Stones tickets?
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 16, 2020 22:16

Rockman
..along with some
memories in an old shoe box …….

Ha, you tried to catch us. It Won't Take Long!!

Unfortunately I've never saved my ticket stubs! I've long regretted it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 18, 2020 10:08

I have STEEL WHEELS and VOODOO LOUNGE in the CD cases of those records.

If I ever get the CD issue of HONK I'll try to find my ticket print out from 2019 and include it in the CD.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 19, 2020 04:36

Here is one I came upon recently, stored in my Start Me Up 7" sleeve.

That's really about the last "pretty" ticket I remember receiving, mostly since then its just been some boring printed out ticket or voucher or something. Even back in 81 a nice looking ticket like this was becoming a rarity, at least in California.

jb

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 19, 2020 15:50

jbwelda

That's really about the last "pretty" ticket I remember receiving, mostly since then its just been some boring printed out ticket or voucher or something. Even back in 81 a nice looking ticket like this was becoming a rarity, at least in California.

jb

Looks like my stub from Buffalo 81, mine is shiny red.

Date: January 19, 2020 20:25

In SF Sundays ticket was red. I went back sunday without a ticket and bought one (actually traded a big green bud) just as the first notes of Start Me Up rang out. I somehow lost that ticket though, I think the gateman didn't give it back to me and I didn't linger because I suspected it might be counterfeit

jb

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 20, 2020 18:28

jbwelda

jb

Wow, that looks great. I didn't know there were tickets like that in '81. I have one from Chicago '81 that a friend gave me, but it's just a pretty standard printed ticket, as are all of my Stones tickets from '89 through '19. The show time is printed as 11am??? With doors at 8am? eye popping smiley

Date: January 20, 2020 20:15

yeah it was a daytime stadium show, so doors opened at 8am with scheduled show time at 11. I think it was all done by about 6 pm. There were major opening acts...as I recall George Thorogood and the J Geils Band and maybe one more. I don't think it really started on time, I recall getting there about 11 or noon and it was still awhile before any music.

One other strange thing about this show, it was reserved seating with the lawn (baseball field actually) open for wandering.

(Edit: thinking more on it, I don't think it was actually reserved seating although there might have been some sections that were reserved. I think we had general admission lawn tickets that's why there is no seat designation on the ticket. Regardless most patrons stayed in seats most of the day it seemed like.)

With many, almost most people staying in their seats, that left the field pretty wide open. You could actually walk up to the stage while the Stones were on without a huge crush. Not exactly UP to the stage as i think there was a security fence 50 ft or so from the stage, and the stage itself was 12 feet or so in the air so being in front of the stage would give you a good view of the underneath of the stage.There was a crowd by the stage fence but not nearly as bad as one would think.

I heard that Saturday night, many of the Stones entourage went to Wolfgangs nightclub, a place on Columbus Ave owned by Bill Graham, to go see Tower of Power or someone. I would have gone there too if I wasn't riding with others who had to get back to our little cowtown.

And then Sunday, we didn't even get there until 3pm or so, and once inside it was even sparser on the lawn. Shows were sold out, but not crammed with people...of course it was a huge venue. One of my more memorable shows, although Micks outfits were a laugh on that tour or at least those shows.

The other thing was, there was a huge Stones blimp anchored to the stadium that you could see as soon as you crossed the Bay Bridge. That caught your eye right away, 10 miles from the venue.

jb

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 21:02 by jbwelda.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 21, 2020 13:06

After soon 50 years of shows and tours, it is still just a big mess. I used to stack my concert tickets in a heap. Then as I went to more shows, the heap got too high. Then I stacked my tickets in folders tour by tour. These days there are separate 2012, 2013 and so on folders, with set lists, and an absolute minimum of stuff I bring home after the travel, including tickets, wristbands, picks and other things, not much, just a small folder, because I travel very light. I leave home for tours with 9 kg luggage, and I come home with 10 kg at the end of the tour. My "stuff print" isn't really large these days, as my home is full from previous tours and collecting. One day I will sort this out, all the tickets, but the problem is I need a year of rest between tours, and I never have that year.

Bjornulf

Date: January 21, 2020 13:32

<but the problem is I need a year of rest between tours, and I never have that year>

grinning smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 21, 2020 16:08

I store my tickets with the vinyl/CD of that tour - eg. have my Urban Jungle ticket in the Steel Wheels album and so on. All No Filter is in Blue and Lonesome.
I framed Stuttgart 2018 cause I got Pit B with LD and caught Ronnie's pick.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 21, 2020 18:30

jbwelda
yeah it was a daytime stadium show, so doors opened at 8am with scheduled show time at 11. I think it was all done by about 6 pm. There were major opening acts...as I recall George Thorogood and the J Geils Band and maybe one more. I don't think it really started on time, I recall getting there about 11 or noon and it was still awhile before any music.

One other strange thing about this show, it was reserved seating with the lawn (baseball field actually) open for wandering.

(Edit: thinking more on it, I don't think it was actually reserved seating although there might have been some sections that were reserved. I think we had general admission lawn tickets that's why there is no seat designation on the ticket. Regardless most patrons stayed in seats most of the day it seemed like.)

With many, almost most people staying in their seats, that left the field pretty wide open. You could actually walk up to the stage while the Stones were on without a huge crush. Not exactly UP to the stage as i think there was a security fence 50 ft or so from the stage, and the stage itself was 12 feet or so in the air so being in front of the stage would give you a good view of the underneath of the stage.There was a crowd by the stage fence but not nearly as bad as one would think.

I heard that Saturday night, many of the Stones entourage went to Wolfgangs nightclub, a place on Columbus Ave owned by Bill Graham, to go see Tower of Power or someone. I would have gone there too if I wasn't riding with others who had to get back to our little cowtown.

And then Sunday, we didn't even get there until 3pm or so, and once inside it was even sparser on the lawn. Shows were sold out, but not crammed with people...of course it was a huge venue. One of my more memorable shows, although Micks outfits were a laugh on that tour or at least those shows.

The other thing was, there was a huge Stones blimp anchored to the stadium that you could see as soon as you crossed the Bay Bridge. That caught your eye right away, 10 miles from the venue.

jb

Yeah, I've known about daytime shows, but 11am seemed truly like a "breakfast show" winking smiley Though it sounds like it didn't really start until a little later. You describe a cool atmosphere for a show.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 21, 2020 18:44

I frame copies of my tickets together with the tour logo
on my wall. The original tickets and wristbands are stored
in a dry and dark place in a folder. You never know spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 23:42 by TooTough.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: January 21, 2020 18:47

i got them everywhere... in stones books, in record sleeves, under my bed..

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home