Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pitchfork reviews Tattoo You
Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 1, 2019 11:47

Some of the best writing I've read on the Stones. Really well researched and brilliantly written.

[pitchfork.com]

Re: Pitchfork reviews Tattoo You
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 1, 2019 15:47

other than Slave, which I consider an absolute gem that has been severely underrated because they have essentially ignored it since they recorded it, this album has the other very underrated Tops on it. One of Jagger's strongest performances....I love this tune...and love the performances really all around. one of their best tracks for me.

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: December 2, 2019 04:28

Shocked that Pitchfork spoke so glowingly of that album (which I love). Tops might be the most underrated Stones song of all time!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 2, 2019 05:46

when i saw the stones @ the joint in vegas on the licks tour "worried about you" was definitely the highlight.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 2, 2019 07:52

"Tattoo You’s first side guaranteed the Rolling Stones’ sinecure as a hugely profitable enterprise for decades to come;
the second side is their final gasp of brilliance before those profits became more important than anything else".

Sad, but true.

"And despite everything, on a good night, it’s still possible to catch the spark and recognize the Rolling Stones are still the Greatest Rock’n’Roll Band in the World".

Yes indeed. thumbs up

--------------------------------
"Rip this joint, gonna save your soul..."

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 2, 2019 10:59

Madcap
Shocked that Pitchfork spoke so glowingly of that album (which I love). Tops might be the most underrated Stones song of all time!

Yes, when I saw that Pitchfork had chosen to review Tattoo You my immediate thought was uh oh, are they going to go all woke and and millennial on this record? But this is a balanced and detailed piece which vividly illustrates the feel of the album and its mood and how it was a pivotal album for the Stones.

The only crit I'd have of the article is that they didn't mention the album artwork, which still looks fresh and striking even now. But as far as the writing goes this is the definitive piece on Tattoo You.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: December 2, 2019 12:10

WorriedAboutYou
Madcap

Yes, when I saw that Pitchfork had chosen to review Tattoo You my immediate thought was uh oh, are they going to go all woke and and millennial on this record? But this is a balanced and detailed piece which vividly illustrates the feel of the album and its mood and how it was a pivotal album for the Stones.

The only crit I'd have of the article is that they didn't mention the album artwork, which still looks fresh and striking even now. But as far as the writing goes this is the definitive piece on Tattoo You.

Doesn’t even make sense.

Date: December 2, 2019 12:34

A very well written piece; not only that, but also from someone who knows his Stones'history.

PS That is a fact that stings just a little, tiny bit nowadays: that too many people know about my band. On the one hand you want them to be recognized as one of the alltime Greats, on the other you sort don't want too many posers in your clubhouse.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 2, 2019 14:32

Very good story, indeed.

I can't imagine a world without the Rolling Stones! (A. Erthegun)

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 2, 2019 23:58

i love most of tattoo you,

has not 1 bad song and a few classics.

saw an outtake of slave on youtube filmed in 1974 i think and it was sensational, better than the tattoo you version.

little t and a was great live in the 80,s.

neighbours too was great both live and studio, promo film was great.

hang fire and black limo rock as does start me up, always done better live though.

no use in crying is classic blues.

waiting on a friend is a great single.

worried about you and tops are underrated and heaven is a surprise inclusion.

the last truly great stones album.

Date: December 3, 2019 00:09

<no use in crying is classic blues>

Soul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 267
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home