Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'A Bigger Bang' On Sale For $11.99 at Best Buy This Week
Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: October 19, 2005 00:32

...'til Saturday, October 22. I know everyone here has it, but just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted one for a friend...I'm buying a few more. Everyone loves it who's heard it and wants it for Christmas from me.

And no, it's not in the bargain bin. It's on sale with other top-ten bestsellers like Mariah Carey, etc.

Re: 'A Bigger Bang' On Sale For $11.99 at Best Buy This Week
Posted by: R ()
Date: October 19, 2005 00:50

They have to burn thru their inventory so they can stock the special edition. I hate to say it but the big barns overbought on ABB.

Posted by: Jazzman5 ()
Date: October 19, 2005 02:02

Yes, but 1st week sale was at an unbelievable price of $9.99! I figured that was geared towards getting a good first weeks number in. Anyway, I'll still go out and buy 3 or 4 more; and mail them to friends. You see, its a good feeling to have loved a band, been a fanatic of the STONES since 1970, and be able to boast about MY BAND'S NEW ALUBM WHICH I LOVE!!! Brings back memories of Exile & Some Girls smiling smiley

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: October 19, 2005 07:21

They don't have to "burn through their inventory." They can easily return as many as they want. Do you think they're trying to "burn through their inventory" of 50 Cent and Mariah Carey?
The Rolling Stones are on a huge tour...give the guys a break...they'll keep selling albums through February. Maybe not a ton but...who knows? With a new head of Virgin...
The album's platinum, whatever the "official" sales. If a record company could "buy" platinum status for their artists then almost every artist would have platinum albums for the publicity. Wouldn't McCartney's label do the same thing? Don't you think there would be an investigation of such fraudulant practices?

I live in an apartment complex in a relatively small city and I know of at least 6 different people who have the album in 6 different apartments. And, no, I didn't give it to them...

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 19, 2005 15:00

"They don't have to "burn through their inventory." They can easily return as many as they want. Do you think they're trying to "burn through their inventory" of 50 Cent and Mariah Carey?"

You can't "easily" return overstocks to a record company because they don't want them. It takes months sometimes to complete an RA (return authorization). And the big barns don't need to 'burn through' their inventory of 50 Cent and Mariah. Their albums sell very well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home