Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Bill Wyman performing live at concert to honor Peter Green and Early Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: April 9, 2021 18:32

Jeremy Spencer-perhaps the greatest exponent of Elmore James, authentic and totally badass slide player- is also unfortunately the subject of several well documented and corroborated accusations of pedophilia, including by his own children dating back to his involvement the Children of God. Creep. I believe this campaign nixed his attempt at a US Tour.

[www.change.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-09 18:36 by roryfaninva.

Re: Bill Wyman performing live at concert to honor Peter Green and Early Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 27, 2021 13:28

When the BluRay & book (etc) were advertised for sale I went ahead and ordered a copy.

It was made clear at the time that the money would not be taken until the stuff was ready to send.

My Credit Card was debited the other day for this order, so I guess these things will be dropping into people's letterboxes pretty soon.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 8, 2021 13:58

Deal alert 2cd + bluray £10

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Re: Bill Wyman will join Concert to Honor Peter Green and Early Fleetwood Mac
Date: May 8, 2021 14:21

DandelionPowderman
This is a gig where Mick Taylor should have been invited. He's one of the few out there with a tone that's reminiscent to Green's, imo.

+1

Date: May 9, 2021 01:47

CaptainCorella
When the BluRay & book (etc) were advertised for sale I went ahead and ordered a copy.

It was made clear at the time that the money would not be taken until the stuff was ready to send.

My Credit Card was debited the other day for this order, so I guess these things will be dropping into people's letterboxes pretty soon.

Arrived.

I'll not get time to watch the BluRay for a few days....

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: May 23, 2021 02:19

Well I finally had the time to sit and watch this BluRay, and my messages is that
IT'S VERY GOOD INDEED

Line up included... Mick Fleetwood, Neil Finn, Noel Gallagher, Dave Gilmour, Andy Fairweather Lowe, John Mayall (!), Christine McVie, Jeremy Spencer (!), Zak Starkey, Pete Townshend, Rick Vito, Bill Wyman.

I watched the BluRay of the show last evening and it's VERY GOOD INDEED.
Basically (but not exclusively) old guys playing the blues, and playing it very well indeed.

Highly recommended

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 23, 2021 03:24

Also Billy Gibbons and Kirk Hammett from Metallica.

Date: May 23, 2021 05:40

DGA35

If we're getting towards completism it also included, among others I'm sure, Johnny Lang. I'd not come across him before but he seems to me to be an outstanding young Blues player and that's great for the future of the Blues.

Good that someone as young as him had the chance to meet, and be on stage with, someone as significant as John Mayall.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2021 05:53

He's been around for quite some time Captain- since the mid/late '90's when he was really young.
I saw him open for the Stones either 2002 or 2003, and he opened for them on previous tours as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-23 05:53 by Hairball.

Date: May 23, 2021 05:54

CaptainCorella
DGA35

If we're getting towards completism it also included, among others I'm sure, Johnny Lang. I'd not come across him before but he seems to me to be an outstanding young Blues player and that's great for the future of the Blues.

Good that someone as young as him had the chance to meet, and be on stage with, someone as significant as John Mayall.

Johnny has been around for quite a while now. He opened for the Stones on the Bridges to Babylon tour. He also opened for Van Halen on what would be their final tour in 2015 including their last show ever at the Hollywood Bowl.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 29, 2021 23:51

Picked up the blu-ray/2CD set yesterday. Like $25. Highly recommended!

Re: Peter Green All-Star Tribute Concert
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 30, 2021 00:10

Thanks Keef for posting the Santana clip. Carlos is such a treasure and Black Magic Woman remains such a great song.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 12, 2021 17:06

This show was on PBS the other night.

Mick Fleetwood's intro of Bill really struck me. The way he lauded him was such a contrast to the indifference (or the downright shabby treatment at those London shows a few years back) that he gets from the Stones.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 12, 2021 17:09

Oh well.

Date: June 12, 2021 23:25

DGA35
CaptainCorella
DGA35

Johnny has been around for quite a while now. He opened for the Stones on the Bridges to Babylon tour. He also opened for Van Halen on what would be their final tour in 2015 including their last show ever at the Hollywood Bowl.

Actually I got my guitarists mixed up. It was Kenny Wayne Sheppard who opened for VH! I get those two mixed up, they started around the same time.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 12, 2021 23:29

loog droog
This show was on PBS the other night.

Mick Fleetwood's intro of Bill really struck me. The way he lauded him was such a contrast to the indifference (or the downright shabby treatment at those London shows a few years back) that he gets from the Stones.

You get the feeling, at least in London music circles, that Bill is seen as a musician's musician. And that his exalted status as a Rolling Stone never went to his head, or kept him from contributing to a worthy cause.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: June 13, 2021 21:34

A very generous man ,Mick Fleetwood.

So good he did this before Peter passed away.

Big shame Fleetwood can't sort something out with Buckingham.

Yes, Fleetwood loves the Stones, and not least their blues bassist.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home