Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Get a grip on reality...
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 18, 2005 21:05

...the sound on the new tour is great! Keith and Mick were both in fine form in Atlanta. Hell, even Ronnie played good. The new song don't embarrass themselves next to the classics. Enjoy and quit griping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-18 22:35 by Elmo Lewis.

Re: Get a grip on reality...
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 18, 2005 21:11

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...the sound on the new tour is great! Keith and
> Mick were both in fine form in Atlanta. Hell, even
> Ronnie played good. The new song don't embarrass
> themselves next to teh classics. Enjoy and quit
> griping.

Elmo ,agreed i think people just are having fun ..also everyone has there own favorite niche and its tough to please everybody....i for one have no gripes...perhaps one !! ..i like would like to hear richard s...do walk before they make me run...my niche song!!!!!!!!! and one small wish ....after they do SFTD....play it over again!!!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 18, 2005 23:39

What is reality in this case? Isn't it more a matter of personal opinion? Your reality and how you perceive it will almost certainly be differnet from someone elses.

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: October 19, 2005 03:58

I'm just glad that the Stones are still going strong. Hell, half the Beatles are gone, half the Who, Zeppelin seems to be gone as a musical entity ,etc; Let us enjoy! Go and see them!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 19, 2005 05:24

"Hell, even Ronnie played good..."

Why are you saying that, Elmo Lewis? Ronnie basically plays very good on this tour!

Date: October 19, 2005 20:33

Chris and sticky,

Can U read? I am praising the band, not complaining. Get a life!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: October 19, 2005 21:57

I'm with you all. I'm not really sure people are expecting from the Stones.Shades of 1972?

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 19, 2005 22:28

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...the sound on the new tour is great! Keith and
> Mick were both in fine form in Atlanta. Hell, even
> Ronnie played good. The new song don't embarrass
> themselves next to the classics. Enjoy and quit
> griping.
>

I'm with you Elmo, believe me, but I think that people may be commenting/ complaining about the idea that they should be happy or acritical about things like:

"even Ronnie played good" and
"the new songs don't embarrass themselves"

These are terms of faint praise at best or left-handed compliments, rather than statements reflecting the Stone's current greatness. Frankly, people have come to expect more, and I suspect that they're particularly sensitive to their expectations when a) they're asked to pay more for the shows and b) this may be the last time that the Stones tour and they'd like to remember them as going out with a bigger bang rather than a whimper.

For me it's akin to seeing a great sportsman (or woman) towards the end of his or her career. You've got the memory of the younger Pele or whomever, and you've also got a view of the impending end of the career. It's unsettling for fans and they're voicing this discomfort through their gripes. On the positive side, I beleive that people only gripe about something that they care about. Perhaps that's a silver lining for the griping.

Date: October 19, 2005 22:31

c88, true! But I meant things were good. In general, I'm positive about most things, especially the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-19 22:32 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: October 19, 2005 23:10

Mr. Lewis. I assure that I can read and that I do indeed have a life, of which the the Rolling Stones and this board are ony a small part. Your post heading read "Get a grip on reality" and my comments were philosopical musings based on that. Moreover, there was was nothing pejorative in my post to ellicit your response. Have a beer and lighten up!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-20 01:29 by ChrisM.

Date: October 20, 2005 17:04

I think I will! Thanks for the suggestion. Peace!

Date: October 20, 2005 17:17

Hey Chris, what about a rum for me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH meeharty!

Date: October 20, 2005 18:30

Daaaaaaaaaaaar Cap'n! Rums, beers and peace all around!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home