Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick running on stage
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 24, 2019 23:39

rbp
I'd be quite happy if he stayed relatively stationary and put his effort into
singing. Never liked the dashing about.

YES!

Or the dancing, jumping, mugging, spastic gesticulation, bum wiggling, finger pointing, arms flapping...hey wait, maybe I secretly want Wyman as the front man?!

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: October 25, 2019 17:50

dead.flowers
At the 82 European Tour, I read in the news then, he would be running a 30 kms per gig.

d.f

It was always obvious why. He used concerts as his time to get his exercise in. To get in the shape he was in you need to run numerous miles every day. Once you start doing that you feel like crap when you don't get your daily endorphin kick. He used concerts to get that high.

I always thought he was better when he understand that less is more. After 1969 he was just too busy except for maybe 1978. It actually is boring after a whirt while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-25 17:51 by stanlove.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 25, 2019 19:20

stanlove
dead.flowers
At the 82 European Tour, I read in the news then, he would be running a 30 kms per gig.

d.f

It was always obvious why. He used concerts as his time to get his exercise in. To get in the shape he was in you need to run numerous miles every day. Once you start doing that you feel like crap when you don't get your daily endorphin kick. He used concerts to get that high.

I always thought he was better when he understand that less is more. After 1969 he was just too busy except for maybe 1978. It actually is boring after a whirt while.

I agree - the 50 & Counting Tour was a right mix of movement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-25 19:21 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 26, 2019 01:47

I've never seen a man of 76 run like that

Posted by: itsallovernow ()
Date: October 26, 2019 03:14

His stage presence today is crap compared to what he did back in ‘81 and before. Much more spontaneity then. Today it’s too choreographed for me. All the pointing really bugs me.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 26, 2019 03:48

Elmo Lewis
dead.flowers

d.f

We Americans were told 6 miles per gig,

Let's see him do it backwards, then I'll be impressed.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 26, 2019 03:53

Mick is still very physical on stage. It is amazing and yes it is more scripted especially in front of big audiences. But I am still in awe at what he does on stage; keep on rocking Mick!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 26, 2019 03:58

Scripted? I don't know about that. Just love him.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 26, 2019 14:13

steffialicia
Scripted? I don't know about that. Just love him.
By scripted I mean that the Mick Jagger's moves are repeated at every show; it is not a bad thing. Choregraphed is probably a better and less judgemental term.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 26, 2019 15:20

Mick's never been just a singer ...he's a front man and entertainer with a big visual element in his performance .

It's incredible how he keeps all this up in his mid 70s.

Whether or not we like everything about his on stage persona ...we have to agree that the man is a marvel.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: October 26, 2019 17:48

Spud
Mick's never been just a singer ...he's a front man and entertainer with a big visual element in his performance .

It's incredible how he keeps all this up in his mid 70s.

Whether or not we like everything about his on stage persona ...we have to agree that the man is a marvel.

I thought his over the type performances had stopped when I saw his performance at the White House. He was really winded after a couple of songs and he barely moved. He must have not have been been working out much at that point. Not many 76 year old's could do what he does. IT is amazing.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 26, 2019 18:36

I think Mick was nervous at the White House and he was winded due to the anxiety. Who wouldn't freak out that night, performing in front of President Obama and a room full of dignitaries? And I didn't mean Mick should SIT & SING for an entire show....but it would be a nice change if he did that for maybe 1/2 hour!

Date: October 26, 2019 19:07

itsallovernow
His stage presence today is crap compared to what he did back in ‘81 and before. Much more spontaneity then. Today it’s too choreographed for me. All the pointing really bugs me.

chill, dude is on the wrong side of 75, you can't compare ANYONE to how they were 40 years ago. get real.

Date: October 26, 2019 19:10

treaclefingers
itsallovernow

chill, dude is on the wrong side of 75, you can't compare ANYONE to how they were 40 years ago. get real.

I believe that people who have this view about Mick have to be quite young. Maybe only an older person can appreciate the amazing condition he is in.

Date: October 26, 2019 19:31

steffialicia
treaclefingers
itsallovernow

I believe that people who have this view about Mick have to be quite young. Maybe only an older person can appreciate the amazing condition he is in.

Honey hush! I’ll bet I’m older than you.

And dude, the strutting about and gesticulations are weak. Maybe at 76 he should think about hangin up his rock n roll shoes.

Date: October 26, 2019 19:35

itsallovernow
steffialicia
treaclefingers
itsallovernow

And dude, the strutting about and gesticulations are weak. Maybe at 76 he should think about hangin up his rock n roll shoes.

With a moniker like yours your stance on this is hardly surprising winking smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 27, 2019 12:29

treaclefingers
rbp
I'd be quite happy if he stayed relatively stationary and put his effort into
singing. Never liked the dashing about.

YES!

Or the dancing, jumping, mugging, spastic gesticulation, bum wiggling, finger pointing, arms flapping...hey wait, maybe I secretly want Wyman as the front man?!

Now that would a blast; and they could have a short setlist without the boring warhorses. Bet Jagger could play a mean tambourine, standing next to Chuck, as well. It's a win-win situation!

1. In Another Land
2. Stoned
3. A New Fashion
Encore: Come Back Suzanne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-27 13:16 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 27, 2019 13:59

He taps his foot alot as well.

Date: October 27, 2019 16:06

DandelionPowderman
itsallovernow
steffialicia
treaclefingers
itsallovernow

With a moniker like yours your stance on this is hardly surprising winking smiley

Just a realist, my man

Date: October 27, 2019 18:43

itsallovernow
DandelionPowderman
itsallovernow
steffialicia
treaclefingers
itsallovernow

Just a realist, my man

Buzz kill is more like it. Sorry.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 27, 2019 19:47

I love what Mick does onstage. I'd be fine if he did less, or more. for that matter, as long as he keeps his voice.

An advantage. aside from the entertainment and inspiration, is all the "running" lets the audience in different parts of the venue see and interact with him. We could discuss examples of that. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 27, 2019 21:20

itsallovernow
steffialicia
treaclefingers
itsallovernow

Look 'honey', strutting and wild, out-of-control gesticulations...dats what it's all 'bout honey!

Now get outta dat motorized medical scooter and dance!

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 27, 2019 21:47

With all that running that he's done over the years, has Mick ever stumbled or fallen on stage?

Drew

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 27, 2019 22:01

drewmaster
With all that running that he's done over the years, has Mick ever stumbled or fallen on stage?

Can't recall any stories about Jagger, but strangely enough Bill Wyman fell OFF the stage in St Paul 1978

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 27, 2019 22:23

the rolling stones have always been about more than just the audio, its the visuals too that combined with audio produce those great rolling stones moments.

Mick is the frontman and his stage antics have always been a big part of the band

watching the recent tours, i still think he is amazing onstage, his timing, the way he brings others into the performance, hope he can keep doing what he does until they stop.

Date: October 28, 2019 15:23

steffialicia
itsallovernow
DandelionPowderman
itsallovernow
steffialicia
treaclefingers
itsallovernow

Just a realist, my man

Buzz kill is more like it. Sorry.

I dunno bout you all. Jagger is an old man and, yes, what he does for a man of his age is impressive. I’m just saying that his moves look too choreographed. It’s boring to me and almost silly. You all creamin’ yer jeans over him like frenzied teenagers is kinda funny.

Date: October 28, 2019 15:36

Positive reactions to Mick's performances on a RS fan site. Yeah, funny indeed, right?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 28, 2019 15:53

drewmaster

Drew
That's one of the most remarkable things about Jagger.

I've NEVER seen him so much as trip over his foot or scuff a shoe on the stage that would make him trip up a little...not even the tiniest of missteps in all these decades.

His timing and sense of balance while dancing and moving about the stage is almost more impressive than his cardiovascular stamina.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 28, 2019 17:06

keefriff99
drewmaster

Drew
That's one of the most remarkable things about Jagger.

I've NEVER seen him so much as trip over his foot or scuff a shoe on the stage that would make him trip up a little...not even the tiniest of missteps in all these decades.

His timing and sense of balance while dancing and moving about the stage is almost more impressive than his cardiovascular stamina.

Agreed!!

Drew

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 29, 2019 10:02

A combination of genes and hard work.

Nobody would deny the graft Mick puts in today...but a lot of it historically is just the lucky gift of a natural athleticism .

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home