Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Joker
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 10, 2019 04:23

keefriffhard4life
jack will always be the best joker .

Too jovial. No evil at all, too... Disney. Those BATMAN movies were a joke.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 10, 2019 05:29

Best acting ever

Date: October 10, 2019 05:52

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

yeah sticking a feather in someone neck and having a joy buzzer set someone on fire is very disney.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 10, 2019 15:13

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

yeah sticking a feather in someone neck and having a joy buzzer set someone on fire is very disney.
Exactly. People need to go back and watch that movie...it is DARK.

Jack was a great Joker and brought a lot of twisted glee to the role. He chemically disfigures his girlfriend (played by Jerry Hall) to the point that she kills herself. He burns a man to a crisp and breaks the corpse's neck. He murders Bruce Wayne's parents (not canon obviously, as that should have been Joe Chill) and almost shoots Bruce in the face at point-blank range just for fun.

It is not a lighthearted movie by any stretch.

Date: October 10, 2019 16:53

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

Jack was a great Joker and brought a lot of twisted glee to the role. He chemically disfigures his girlfriend (played by Jerry Hall) to the point that she kills herself. He burns a man to a crisp and breaks the corpse's neck. He murders Bruce Wayne's parents (not canon obviously, as that should have been Joe Chill) and almost shoots Bruce in the face at point-blank range just for fun.

the studio was actually upset it was that dark and that was after some of the original script was lightened up.

he didn't "disfigure" jerry hall. remember he said he makes art until someone dies and then laughed

Date: October 10, 2019 17:07

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

the studio was actually upset it was that dark and that was after some of the original script was lightened up.

he didn't "disfigure" jerry hall. remember he said he makes art until someone dies and then laughed
The Joker then scarred Alicia's face with sulfuric acid, and made her wear a porcelain mask. When she went with Joker to the Flugelheim Museum, she was asked to remove her mask in front of photojournalist Vicki Vale to show herself off as his latest "masterpiece." The sight of Alicia's scarred face was too much for Vicki and she jumped out of her seat, terrified.

Days later, Joker presented Alicia's now cracked mask to Vicki at her apartment and informed her that Alicia had thrown herself out a window. (However it is possible that the Joker killed her because he wanted a new girlfriend — Vicky — or because Alicia was not his "masterpiece".) But he didn't seem to show much remorse when he said "You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs", before breaking the mask and laughing.

[batman.fandom.com]

Date: October 10, 2019 18:02

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

The Joker then scarred Alicia's face with sulfuric acid, and made her wear a porcelain mask. When she went with Joker to the Flugelheim Museum, she was asked to remove her mask in front of photojournalist Vicki Vale to show herself off as his latest "masterpiece." The sight of Alicia's scarred face was too much for Vicki and she jumped out of her seat, terrified.

Days later, Joker presented Alicia's now cracked mask to Vicki at her apartment and informed her that Alicia had thrown herself out a window. (However it is possible that the Joker killed her because he wanted a new girlfriend — Vicky — or because Alicia was not his "masterpiece".) But he didn't seem to show much remorse when he said "You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs", before breaking the mask and laughing.

[batman.fandom.com]

I was being sarcastic and saying to the joker he made her art not disfigured her.

Date: October 10, 2019 18:17

Oh okay, gotcha!

Date: October 10, 2019 18:48

keefriff99
Oh okay, gotcha!

btw, yes I always assumed he killed her and just made up a story to make vikki feel bad for him

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 13, 2019 02:54

THE AGE --- 13 October 2019

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 13, 2019 03:16

Hairball
Koen
Why so many Joker movies? Is this some kind of a joke?

The jokes on everybody as the best Joker was Cesar Romero from the original tv series '66-'68.

Funny how his mustache can be seen though the white makeup.grinning smiley
Too funny..
Was just going to post the same when I went back a page to reply to a "Jack was the best" post, saw the same pic I had grabbed and had also noticed the mustache in cool smiley

Cesar Romero will always be the best joker ever, and Frank Gorshin will always be the best Riddler.

Classic show.. I was one that always tuned in to at the same bat time...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 13, 2019 05:27

MisterDDDD
Hairball
Koen
Why so many Joker movies? Is this some kind of a joke?

The jokes on everybody as the best Joker was Cesar Romero from the original tv series '66-'68.

Funny how his mustache can be seen though the white makeup.grinning smiley
Too funny..
Was just going to post the same when I went back a page to reply to a "Jack was the best" post, saw the same pic I had grabbed and had also noticed the mustache in cool smiley

Cesar Romero will always be the best joker ever, and Frank Gorshin will always be the best Riddler.

Classic show.. I was one that always tuned in to at the same bat time...

...same bat channel.smiling smiley

And can't forget The Penguin...no doubt the best was Burgess Meredith!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 13, 2019 06:56

And while there have been many talented and gorgeous women play Catwoman,
none have been better or hotter than the original, Julie Newmar, imo cool smiley

(((KAPOW))) What a show... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-13 06:57 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 13, 2019 07:41

Here's two hits from the NYTimes re the Joker. Hopefully, you can see them.

[www.nytimes.com]

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 14, 2019 23:51

Yes Jack Nicklaus could possibly be voted the best Joker - He would win by a swing vote spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 15, 2019 16:56

A great movie with awesome acting. Really well shot. And the Taxi Driver references are mind blowing.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 16, 2019 06:02

I don't think it was clarified if Tom Wayne was Arthur Fleck's Father. The records of Fleck's Mom at mental hospital state that he was abandoned and I did not see Tom Wayne's name on document. However, It is certainly suggested strongly enough not to think otherwise.

Date: October 21, 2019 16:14

Chris Fountain
I don't think it was clarified if Tom Wayne was Arthur Fleck's Father. The records of Fleck's Mom at mental hospital state that he was abandoned and I did not see Tom Wayne's name on document. However, It is certainly suggested strongly enough not to think otherwise.
It was left somewhat ambiguous, but I tend to believe his mother was mentally unstable and the whole Thomas Wayne being his father story was a delusion of hers.

I can't say I blame Wayne for slugging Arthur. Wayne may not have been depicted as the warmest or most empathetic man, but after the stunt Arthur pulled at the gate, he was right to be enraged.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 22, 2019 02:54

Here's someone's video tribute to Heath Ledger as the Joker. It reminded me of how awesome the Joker character is in this movie. I was still working then and on the wall in my office the only decoration was a poster of Ledger as the Joker saying "Why so serious?' People asked why the Joker. My simple reply was, Who else do you remember from the movie? They'd look again at the poster, look at me, and go, Yep.

[geektyrant.com]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 22, 2019 07:49

Phoenix fantastic. Film awful

Rod

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home