Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "Crashing the pit" and "crashing the b stage"
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 20, 2019 05:37

rlj1010
I cheated my way into the pit at the Miami show 3 weeks ago.
I had Lucky Dips but I didn't get very lucky and ended up with pretty bad seats.

A friend of mine paid full price for his pit ticket. I asked if I could make a copy of his pit printout and show it at the wristband distribution table, and see if I could get inside too. I figured it wouldn't work and I'd just end up sitting in my Lucky Dip nosebleeds. But let's see anyway.

I bring the duplicate pit printout to the table. The lady scans it and her scanner goes red. Which meant it had already been scanned. But I played dumb. And she just figured it was a scanner malfunction... and they gave me the pit wristbands anyway. So it worked.

Did I cheat the system? Yeah. Am I proud of it? No, not really. But I had the best time. I would never have been able to afford pit the full price way. And there was plenty of space. So my being there didn't make it overcrowded by any means. So whatever...

You should be damn proud rlj1010 - congrats! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-20 05:37 by Hairball.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 20, 2019 07:54

Singapore 2014. My seat was 10 rows back, centre but I ended up on the front row in front of Ronnie before JJF even made it through the first verse.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: September 20, 2019 09:11

Hairball
rlj1010
I cheated my way into the pit at the Miami show 3 weeks ago.
I had Lucky Dips but I didn't get very lucky and ended up with pretty bad seats.

A friend of mine paid full price for his pit ticket. I asked if I could make a copy of his pit printout and show it at the wristband distribution table, and see if I could get inside too. I figured it wouldn't work and I'd just end up sitting in my Lucky Dip nosebleeds. But let's see anyway.

I bring the duplicate pit printout to the table. The lady scans it and her scanner goes red. Which meant it had already been scanned. But I played dumb. And she just figured it was a scanner malfunction... and they gave me the pit wristbands anyway. So it worked.

Did I cheat the system? Yeah. Am I proud of it? No, not really. But I had the best time. I would never have been able to afford pit the full price way. And there was plenty of space. So my being there didn't make it overcrowded by any means. So whatever...

You should be damn proud rlj1010 - congrats! smileys with beer

Nice job, rlj1010! You’re a born criminal!!

Hey, if you can’t afford something you can always (usually?) get what you want by stealing it. You’d be crazy not to at least try. Isn’t that how the song goes? Besides, the Stones charge too much anyways so it’s a crime that’s very easy to rationalize. And the hairballs of this world will even raise their glasses and look up to you in awe.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 20, 2019 09:24

In awe... smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home