Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: OUT OF CONTROL DRINKING AT SHOWS!
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 17, 2005 15:53

jostorm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Suggestions for a good name for this gadget are welcome....

A Bigger Bag?

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 17, 2005 15:59

27 years, 15 Stones shows:

Traffic Jams
No Parking
Car broken into
Car dented
People with body odor
Tall people in front of me
People with too much cologne/perfume
Whistlers that shattered my ear drums
Yellers/screamers that shattered my ear drums
Drunks: rude, vomiting, sleeping, etc.
Rain, cold, hot
Skunk-weed smokers blowing smoke across my hair all night
Firecrackers/M-80s
Backed-up toilets

I call it the "real world". When it becomes too much, I stay home.

Cheers cool smiley,
Karl

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: October 17, 2005 15:59

What hacks me off is when the show is over and everybody is taking their bows, I can't enjoy the moment because my entire section is walking in front of me trying to beat the crowd to the parking lot. I want to yell at everybody to chill for 10 minutes and enjoy the moment! You've just witnessed 2 hours of heaven, let it digest for a minute!!

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 17, 2005 16:02

erikjjf Wrote:
> jostorm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Suggestions for a good name for this gadget
> are welcome....
>
> A Bigger Bag?

Lorenz, I think, found a device called the "Gladder Bladder", which serves much the same purpose.

Karl

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 17, 2005 16:48

A rolling stones concert is, above all, at least for me, a huge party!
T
hat means that the music must be LOUD, the girls HOT, and the beer ICECOLD.

C

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 17, 2005 17:11

Flask and a pipe...simple and effective

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 17, 2005 17:16

party at a stones show??....thats nuts!!!

Posted by: stanbooth ()
Date: October 17, 2005 17:19

It's rock and roll, people. If these jamokes want to fork over 8 bucks for a cup of watered down, corn mash, domestic piss then let 'em. Personally these concerts are so tame that I felt more tension at a Wiggles performance a month ago. Rock is dead. Long live rock.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: October 17, 2005 18:00

I can't help but imagine this backstage scene.

78 US Tour, Keith, Ronnie, Mick, the old Mac and half the Stones party laughing as somebody tells them:
-Watch out, there'll be one day when the Stones fan will complain about drunken people at your shows!.

Would like to see their faces whan told that back in the seventies!

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: October 17, 2005 18:05

yeah, the drinkings gettin out of control at a stones show....so is the yelling and screaming & dancing....think i'll stay at home in my rocking chair....lol!!!

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: October 17, 2005 18:25

Complaining about people drinking at ANY Rock n Roll show is like bitchin about people cheering at a sporting event. Get real. I don't condone gettin so drunk you spill beer on others, but I realize it's part of Rock n Roll shows.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: October 17, 2005 18:29

I should have known that Debra would be the one to start this post - bless her! I'd love to see her in the audience for a punk/ska gig in a pub, with everyone pissed and jumping up and down, crowd surfers, stage divers and general unruliness everywhere...

I guess that even though the Stones seem to defy the laws of physics and act like a young band despite the fact that they draw pensions, doesn't mean to say that their fan-base can keep up with them! I mean, really! Is there such a thing as "too drunk"?

If people want to sit in a seat and tap their feet then fine - as long as they don't ruin it for those of us who wish to rock and roll! I just hope that the UK stadiums will be general admission this year so that we can enjoy a proper party atmosphere, rather than spoiling it with pitch seats as they do in US. After all, if you want to sit then get a seat in the stalls.

My own pet hate is people bringing binoculars to a gig - you're there to party, not to be a bird spotter. If you can't see Keith's wrinkles then your in a better position than those down the front anyway!

So just chill out, roll some, smoke some, drink some and sing you're lungs out with the band. Forget you're age and pretend to be 17 again.

p.s. I don't condone the drinking of alcohol or taking of illegal substances.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 17, 2005 19:17

what is this, the Opera? I'm with Leonard here - forget the beer (too much piss-potential) - booze up on the whisky - brink the flask for a coupla refills during the show. And, don't forget that EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 17, 2005 19:21

jostorm Wrote:
> It annoys the hell out of me, too, Debra. I've had
> a few concerts momentarily ruined by inebriated
> twats pouring beer over some part of my anatomy or
> other.....
>
> What we should do is suggest a ban on drinking
> beer for people not previously fitted with a
> catheter up their dick.
> Seems strange that Mick hasn't thought of it
> before me, what a wonderful marketing oportunity
> they are missing....Think of all those beautiful
> catheter bags with the tongue logo printed on and
> a handy clip to connect to your belt at the
> bargain price of $39.99. Fitting would be charged
> at $25 extra.....I can already see their profit
> margins rising by at least 10% ...
>
> Suggestions for a good name for this gadget are
> welcome....
>
> Johanna
>
>
>

She's back with a bigger bang....

Priceless...

(I'm amazed they havent marketed this 'tool' (snigger) as yet. a few Stones fans might be in need of a catheter by now anyway! I nearly needed one myself after reading that)

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: October 17, 2005 19:24

Sounds like someone is getting too old to enjoy a rock concert.. Might as well tell everyone next to you to sit down for the whole show as well.

Date: October 17, 2005 19:27

maybe they can have a section for "old" people....rocking chairs, earplugs, non-alcoholic beverages & bedpans sold at a high profit

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: October 17, 2005 19:35

might as well get juuuuuuuuuuicedddddddddddddd

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 17, 2005 19:37

whats the next post "its too loud"..........i was at the gaerden and was pumped that we had drink service.....i felt like we where at a club it was great...except the hangover!!

Posted by: Shanstone1 ()
Date: October 17, 2005 20:31

Right on everyone. Why would you go to any rock concert and sit on your butt. Have a few drinks and listen to the music. Get up and dance, have fun. Move to the music. If you can't be in a crowd where people are drinking and dancing and singing and having a great time then it is time to retire. Don't go to anymore rock concerts. Drunks, Drinking, smoke, people pissing on themselves, girls in outrageous and revealing outfits. Tit flashing. Old rich men with 20 year old girlfriends. Isn't that what Rock n Roll concerts are all about!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wouldn't be a rock n roll concert without it.

Im out.

- It's only rock n roll, but I like it.

Posted by: rocksaurus ()
Date: October 17, 2005 20:51

Agreed Shanstone 1. Party On!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-17 22:39 by rocksaurus.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: October 17, 2005 21:51

last words

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: October 18, 2005 00:02

I love the "A BIGGER BAG" or "GLADDER BLADDER" suggestions, keep them rolling in.....

Was it not Rockman who posted a few months ago about a device you attach to your willy (if you have one handy, that is,but I personally tend to leave my husband at home) when you're wearing those waterproofs that reach up to your ears, while swimming down a river inside an inflated tyre fly-fishing??????

And give Debra a break, for feck's sake!!!!!!
ALL of us love to go and party at their concerts. But admittedly there are always some arseholes who are so inconsiderate that they half-spoil it for you. Me myself I invariably drink 12 pints of lager, drop my knickers, get my tits out and puke all over the two toyboys I brought along. Hope you approve, party-boys!!!!! Yeehaaa......

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 18, 2005 00:05

bv i thought you said no more threads in capital letters

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: October 18, 2005 00:06

melillo, go out and get a fecking life, Honey......

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 18, 2005 00:09

ok jostorm thanks for the tip, you make that reply and tell me to get a life
i think we have the pot calling the kettle black, sweety

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 18, 2005 02:10

For the record, I do NOT SIT at all during a Stones concert, thank you , and I scream, sing, dance and party WITHOUT sloshing MY BOOZE all over other folks that may not care for a bath! And JJFLASH, you need to get a grip and a new life! I am never going to be TOO OLD to ROCK with the Stones, but there are ways of NOT ruining the show for others who are really there to hear the music and not through some kind of distorted fuzz box like you fools who are so loaded the music MUST sound like crap! And that goes for you too, SJS12!!! The real fans are there to enjoy the entire show, not enhanced or blurred because of over-indulgence! And I too get pissed when idiots don't know enough to yell and applaud at the best moment, the final bow! They're so intent on getting to their cars ten seconds ahead of the crowd! GEEEEEE! I took a perfect shot of the final bow at Philly, the first night! The entire line of bandmates and backup players! All looking up, all smiling!

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: October 18, 2005 03:59

if it weren't for the drink a lot of ladies wouldn't be getting any action after the show.

Posted by: stuart ()
Date: October 18, 2005 05:15

Debra commented on drunks spilling beer all over her. She never complained about dancing, screaming, enjoying the show.

It seems her initial post has been twisted into a tirade against dancing, yelling, enjoying your ass off at a stones concert. Just to clarify that was not at all her point.

Likewise i am totally for dancing and screaming one's ass off at a stones concert. I'm all for that. I just find it bewildering that some people get trashed and basically waste their money and miss out on the concert. That's my point and I think hers as well.

Peace to all.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 18, 2005 07:44

stuart Wrote:
> I just find it bewildering that some
> people get trashed and basically waste their money
> and miss out on the concert.

Ron and Keith have done plenty of it in their days...

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 18, 2005 13:51

Thanks Stuart for the sane back-up! Twisted indeed! That always seems to happen when folks voice a dissenting opinion!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2355
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home