Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bernard Fowler Inside Out
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 28, 2019 06:18

I saw Bernard briefly in Seattle and was embarrassed when he asked what I thought of Inside Out as I didn't even know he had released new music. He said check it out and let him know what I think, so I bought the Vinyl from Amazon and downloaded it and... what a pleasant surprise, I love it.

I've always enjoyed different variations of Stones songs, but it took a listen or two to really get into how he has taken the songs exactly like he said, "deconstructed and then reconstructed them", and not singing, but speaking the words over some really awesome musicians doing the same reconstruction process, with some exceptions where its closer to the original music

When I shared it with a friend he immediately latched on to "Time Waits for No One" and then compared it to the Chambers Bros "Time has come again". I would like to hear a mash up of these with the Stones original layered in. Love the "TickTock.

Dancing W/MrD gets two versions and this really is a great example of what he's trying to do in allowing the listener to really get into the lyrics, which is the constant theme of every song.

After less than 2 weeks, this music has dominated my playlists and it is getting people who are with me asking "whats this?" and "I really like this"

Wondering what others who have bought this think?

Saw my sixth and last show last night in Phoenix, and my 66th overall lifetime show on my sixtieth birth year. The shows kept getting better and I think Jacksonville or Santa Clara we're the ones I enjoyed the most, but they were all so good, the band really just blew me away, and this new music from Bernard has really been a pleasant surprise.

I'm hoping he does another one and it would be so cool to see him and some of the crew doing this as the warm up before the show versus the warm up acts I saw, maybe with the exception of POTR. I could see a video montage with the lyrics on the screens being shown to get the crowd warmed up. Hope someone recognizes this and nominates it for a Spoken Word Grammy, I really liked it that much. Well Done B !

John Lewis

Re: Bernard Fowler Inside Out
Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 28, 2019 09:07

he was effin' incredible tonight at the MIM with Band 2 here in Phoenix..he did a "Wild Horses" to die for along with a tune from his spoken word release that had Tim play along on sax....

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: August 28, 2019 15:01

Not a fan of it
Just me
I thought it was lazy and a bit meh

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: August 28, 2019 18:40

rovalle
he was effin' incredible tonight at the MIM with Band 2 here in Phoenix..he did a "Wild Horses" to die for along with a tune from his spoken word release that had Tim play along on sax....
I haven’t been moved by a performance like that rendition of Wild Horses that I can recall. The tears flowed unabashedly. I am incredibly grateful to have experienced Band 2 in such an intimate setting. I fell in love all over again- with the music & musicians

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: August 28, 2019 20:05

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home