Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Date: January 13, 2020 10:31

jumpontopofmebaby
stickyfingers101
bv
ohmercy61
In sure it will be soon the tour announcement stones know people will be making 2020 vacation plans now heck June is only 5 months away..

The Rolling Stones sell most of their tickets to locals who do live in the cities they do perform in. They don't need more than 1-2 months notice in order to sell out a show, given the ticket prices are right.

Translation: announcement in March/April?????

No. It will be sooner. They need 3 or 4 months with the ticket prices. Fact

Not a fact. This is a fact, though: In 2015 the announcement of the ZIP Code-tour was on March 31. The first show was on May 20.

The shows sold out, to my knowledge.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: January 13, 2020 13:55

I know people complain about the prices being too high but to be honest, with the calibre of performers like the Rolling Stones are I believe they justify it, they are the epitome of rock n' roll legends and a band that will never be matched so I don't feel like the prices are too high.

I hope they perform again in London after the US shows this year, seen them 7 times already but would love to again for sure.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 13, 2020 14:56

The new Facebook photo says "European tour announced!" but I can't find any info!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 13, 2020 15:01

NilsHolgersson
The new Facebook photo says "European tour announced!" but I can't find any info!

It's from 2017.

Not sure why they have reverted back to the older No Filter tongue.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: January 13, 2020 15:02

NO TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT YET!!!!

They've changed the profile pictue back to the one they used in 2017 and Facebook shows the description published at the time....

Posted by: daniel t ()

NilsHolgersson

No, it's an old post that's coming back to the top. It refers to the 2018 European Tour 2018.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()

DandelionPowderman
jumpontopofmebaby
stickyfingers101
bv
ohmercy61
In sure it will be soon the tour announcement stones know people will be making 2020 vacation plans now heck June is only 5 months away..

The Rolling Stones sell most of their tickets to locals who do live in the cities they do perform in. They don't need more than 1-2 months notice in order to sell out a show, given the ticket prices are right.

Not a fact. This is a fact, though: In 2015 the announcement of the ZIP Code-tour was on March 31. The first show was on May 20.

I was really just probing to see if BV knew or would leak anything.

he's the only one I trust around here for "rumors" and/or "facts"....not that I don't like the rest of you and think you are wonderful people!!

smiling smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 13, 2020 15:09

Oh shit!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 13, 2020 15:16

They've gotten so lazy they're using something from 3 years ago - with bad links even!!!

That's ridiculous. Although they do save some money by regurgitating... ah ha ha ha ha.

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: January 13, 2020 15:38

The video shows England. Hmmmmm what if they opened with 2-3 shows in London to warm up and then came to North America?

Date: January 13, 2020 15:45

DandelionPowderman
jumpontopofmebaby
stickyfingers101
bv
ohmercy61

OK...if they want to play the ticket pricing games like they did last time on the No Filter Tour. They need more than 2 months.

The now you see them / now you don't / now you do again. And the price changing all the time. The need more than 2 months to play that game

And I did three shows on Zip Code Tour. Dallas / Nashville / Kansas City.

Dallas was the only city I had a hard time getting tickets.

There were boat loads of tickets for KC and Nashville just a few days before the show.

I got 7th ROW Center for Nashville for $235 just 2 days before the show.

Kansas City had a line 100 miles long for the Lucky Dips and there were many empty seats around me.

Zip Code needed a little more time for tickets sales IMO

BWTFDIK

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 13, 2020 16:19

Lazy, yes, but still - maybe a subtle hint?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-13 16:20 by Topi.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: January 13, 2020 17:07

They don't price tickets to sellout. They only play 15-17 shows at a time now, the goal is to maximize profit which means there are going to be empty seats because it is impossible to know the highest price every fan is willing to pay.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 13, 2020 17:12

They've just updated their Facebook profile picture and cover photo for the second time today. Now the profile pic is the classic tongue and lips logo, and the cover photo is a great one of the four of them during final bows at a recent show.

Along with the recent photo from Philly 81, it does seem like they are starting to get into 'tour tease' mode.

It sure would be great to see a couple of teaser billboards popping up in North American cities in the coming weeks...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 13, 2020 18:00

jumpontopofmebaby

jumpontopofmebaby

BWTFDIK

Not the difference between fact and opinion?
winking smiley

Warming up the engines..
I still think they'll play JF, and the announcement will be shortly before or same day as theirs. Unfortunately there is no set date for their announcement.
Speculation on their fan site is around Jan 20th..

Other (rumored) performers at this years fest..
The Who, Dead and Co, Foo Fighters, Tedeschi Trucks, Avett Brothers, Lizzo, Wilco and Neil w Crazy Horse.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 13, 2020 18:14

I've heard the Who and Dead and Co will be the headliners at Jazz Fest this year.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 13, 2020 19:25

Don't hold your breath waiting for the next Stones tour to be announced. Unless they are unusually good at keeping secrets, the announcement is not happening still for a while.

In order to announce a tour, they need a signed contract, which means insurance cost running from the time the inc is there on the paper. Age mid 70's with their history including last year and so on, I would not bet an an early announcement.

Personally I would never book a non-refundable airline ticket just to save a few dollar. So much might happen from now and until the show is on in the city or cities you are aiming at. Just stay put and wait for the announcement, that is my best advice.

For the last few tours, I have booked my airline ticket with a "plus class" price level. You pay may be 20% more, but you get a better seat, and you may change or cancel for a few of may be $100 or $200. And for sure, every time I do change or cancel.

Last year, I had a ticket to Miami with return from Chicago. I held on to it, then canceled it a few days after the tour got postponed. Before that, same story, there are always changes. You do not save money, you simply waste money if you book flights cheap and early. Just hold May-June-July availabe in your calendar, then there will be plenty of cleap flights in and out of major US hubs, and cheap local flights may be booked to take you wherever they go later on.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 13, 2020 19:28

Just one more thing... They might announce Louisville, Vancouver, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, Oakland or any other city on just a few weeks notice, a month or two, and it will be mostly sold out within a week or so. Don't give me this "they need months to sell out" thing. We are talking about The Rolling Stones, not a secondary slow selling act.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 13, 2020 19:30

Aarrgghh....patience....grrrr...May-June-July...summertime in the US...it will be worth the wait.
Keep on rolling.........................thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 13, 2020 19:34

Any rumors about London or is it pure US tour?

Date: January 13, 2020 20:07

MisterDDDD
jumpontopofmebaby

jumpontopofmebaby

BWTFDIK

Not the difference between fact and opinion?
winking smiley

Warming up the engines..
I still think they'll play JF, and the announcement will be shortly before or same day as theirs. Unfortunately there is no set date for their announcement.
Speculation on their fan site is around Jan 20th..

Other (rumored) performers at this years fest..
The Who, Dead and Co, Foo Fighters, Tedeschi Trucks, Avett Brothers, Lizzo, Wilco and Neil w Crazy Horse.

I guess it really depends on the City / Location.

Date: January 13, 2020 20:32

mtaylor
Any rumors about London or is it pure US tour?

Who said pure?

Date: January 13, 2020 20:32

Gaetzi
I've heard the Who and Dead and Co will be the headliners at Jazz Fest this year.

Heavily rumored to be true... but they've already announced an "extra" day like they did last year, which as we all remember was specifically to accommodate the Stones.
Deja Vu all over again me thinks cool smiley

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: January 13, 2020 21:45

bv
Just one more thing... They might announce Louisville, Vancouver, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, Oakland or any other city on just a few weeks notice, a month or two, and it will be mostly sold out within a week or so. Don't give me this "they need months to sell out" thing. We are talking about The Rolling Stones, not a secondary slow selling act.

Awesome post. thumbs up

Date: January 13, 2020 22:32

bv
ohmercy61

BV,

May want to see how many of us travel quite a ways to see the Stones. Not that local for some. Not to mention jobs that require time off to be booked months ahead of time.

Thanks

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 13, 2020 23:27

bv

Wow, Vancouver gets mentioned!! Paddy, Treaclefingers, Babyblue, cross your fingers!

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: January 13, 2020 23:31

True, there is an extra day buy JF said no special ticket pricing for the extra day this year. So the Brass Pass ticket is good for all days this year but last year was not valid for the Stones day until they cancelled. They could play 2nd weekend of JF, that's beginning of May to start tour.

MisterDDDD
Gaetzi

Heavily rumored to be true... but they've already announced an "extra" day like they did last year, which as we all remember was specifically to accommodate the Stones.
Deja Vu all over again me thinks cool smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 14, 2020 00:29

whatever they'll gonna do. I guess the insurance companies really appreciate a late tour announcement

Date: January 14, 2020 02:15

DGA35
bv

Wow, Vancouver gets mentioned!! Paddy, Treaclefingers, Babyblue, cross your fingers!

Also VERY excited to see Vancouver hit the rumor mill.
Forty-five minutes from me and am ready to book my favorite hotel directly across from the venue as soon as rumored dates hit.
There, Oakland and Vegas if they happen, will all be automatics on the itinerary for me cool smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 14, 2020 05:34

Across from BC Place? Sandman Inn? Georgian Court?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home