Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2019 12:52

PalaisRoyale
roller99
northernale1
powerage78
smileys with beer
Hairball
powerage78
Toronto 2003, AC/DC stole the show spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Forgot about that one powerage, and while I wasn't there, a majority of people who were said the same.
Blame it on Timberlake....smiling smiley

I was there,,
It wasnt that AC/DC stole the show,,,
it was a long hot day, and by the time the stones came on, most were worried about transportation, as Toronto does not have the best transportation system where the show was located ,,

I grew up beside Downsview AFB, the TTC isn't far. AC/DC did steal the show.

To be fair,and BV has commented on this before, the stones were in the middle of touring Europe for Forty Lick's and this was sprung on them with short notice to come back and perform in Canada. The majority of the 500,000 concert goers were not die hard stones fans but typical large festival crowd who were there to see the many cross section of acts.
Long story short, by the time the stones came on after a hot jammed July day and yes after a powerhouse group like ACDC, they seemed a little flat or over shadowed. It's a little hard to go head to head with Thunderstruck with Ruby Tuesday. The stones setlist was condensed also to 16 songs and Justin Timberlake didn't help matters either.

This is not a thread about the SarsStock show, but I just want to add some comments about why and how that performance was special.

The Rolling Stones were in the middle of their European tour. Like myself. Flying intercontinental does not make you ready for a great performance. Add hot weasther like 32 C and sunshine i.e. 90 F, and the fact that they were on European time zone body wise, went on stage at 10pm, which is 4am next day in Europe. I would like to see anyone staying up until 4am and then being 100% great with a two hours performance until 6am in the morning.

They did the SarsStock show to support Toronto, like Keith said, "We are all here for weired reasons". Toronto saved the Stones once, that is the truth. So don't worry too much about AC/DC being in shape and The Stones may be not 100% fit for fight. They helped Toronto at a time when tourists were gone due to the SARS problem i Toronto. Unless you had been in Singapore and Hong Kong with SARS all over some months earlier that year (I was there), it is probably harec to get the complete picture.

If someone need to discuss SarsStock further then feel free to start a new thread bout it, I will close that part of the discussion here now. Time to keep on topic, which is the Tour 2020.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: October 21, 2019 16:41

I am excited for the rumor of 2020. Another chance to see The Stones. I have seen them perform 14 times, 299 songs and 88 different tunes....
The chance to see them again in 2020 is mind blowing!!!!
At 57, for me, I've always had the sun, the moon and The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: October 21, 2019 20:49

I was at the show...It was an incedibley long hot day,no shade at the end of a runway.Rush were great! AC/DC were fantastic!The audience was simply toast by the time The Stones came on..it's that simple.Plenty of footage of the show available,it was a great night for Toronto 450,000 + and no trouble smiling smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 21:18

Travman87
Hey everyone

What is the situation regarding a potential end of tour show in London? Is that still a rumour?? I'd love to see the Stones live here again. Seen them 7 times already but just can't get enough of this incredible band.

Is Wembley stadium a possibly? Can't believe Mick and the boys have not been there since it re-opened 12 years ago

It's highly probable, but it's not going to be Wembley. Royal Albert Hall.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 21:38

roller99
Travman87
Hey everyone

What is the situation regarding a potential end of tour show in London? Is that still a rumour?? I'd love to see the Stones live here again. Seen them 7 times already but just can't get enough of this incredible band.

Is Wembley stadium a possibly? Can't believe Mick and the boys have not been there since it re-opened 12 years ago

That would be awesome! Are there more information on that?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 22:41

I think that now they should make a new "Concept" North American Tour with the new album...Then in 2021 South America and Japan/Oceania, 2022 in Europe and 2023 six or so gigs in London and New York...It should be a fitting end for a glorious storythumbs up

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 21, 2019 23:16

Thommie
bitusa2012
DREAMTIME
HAWAII 2020 - (FOR AUSTRALIA & JAPAN)

WHERE has THIS come from? Or is it actually A Dreamtime, Dreamtime?

All I know is that Dreamtime over and over has showed that he knows what he's talking about and seems to be very well informed.

Yes his information usually proves to be correct. Aloha!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 23:36

Thommie
bitusa2012
DREAMTIME
HAWAII 2020 - (FOR AUSTRALIA & JAPAN)

WHERE has THIS come from? Or is it actually A Dreamtime, Dreamtime?

All I know is that Dreamtime over and over has showed that he knows what he's talking about and seems to be very well informed.

Indeed!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 22, 2019 04:55

If the Boys tour the states, is it possible to get the IORR Band together?

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: October 22, 2019 14:09

Maybe make some t shirts and plan some tailgating?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 22, 2019 17:41

henrik87
roller99
Travman87
Hey everyone

It's only rumored at this point. Do some research on the RAH.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: October 22, 2019 17:45

roller99
henrik87
roller99
Travman87
Hey everyone

It's only rumored at this point. Do some research on the RAH.

I would expect it in 21 not 20 as 21 is the 150th anniversary. And Joyce is on the committee.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 22, 2019 17:58

I know it's all just rumored but would the HI show be on Oahu? University of HI football stadium is the only really large stadium I can think of.

Date: October 22, 2019 18:13

It is pretty amazing the we are now closing in on 60 years of The Rolling Stones band.

Cant imagine if they are all in good health that 2022 wont have some shows!

Shhhhaaaaaaaaddddddoooooobbbbbiiiiiiieeeeeee!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 22, 2019 20:40

Gaetzi
I know it's all just rumored but would the HI show be on Oahu? University of HI football stadium is the only really large stadium I can think of.

That would be the place - Aloha Stadium (capacity 50,000+) - the Stones played there two nights in '88 and were rumoured for either Licks or ABB tour.
Unless they're playing arenas (doubtful) which might be the small Blaisdale Arena (capacity apprx. 8800) - I've been to several great shows there in the past including Elton John twice and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Here's a clip of the Rolling Stones at Aloha Stadium (January 23, 1998) - back when they used to play new tunes!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 22, 2019 21:05

Isn't Aloha Stadium in really bad shape?

Date: October 22, 2019 21:12

WelshEdge1
Isn't Aloha Stadium in really bad shape?

I don't think it's in "really bad shape" as they still hold events there, but there are tentative plans to redevelop it some time in the future: Aloha Stadium

"If all goes according to plan, construction is scheduled to begin late next year, with an opening in late 2023"

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 22, 2019 22:42

From personal experience attending concerts at aloha stadium I think Hawaii show unlikely.

1. The NFL Football pro bowl game was held at aloha stadium from 1980-2016. Starting with 2017 game the pro bowl moved to Orlando Florida.
2. stadium was built in 1975- majority hotels in waikiki and the commute/traffic experience is pretty bad. Long flights / expensive hotels.

In 2018 the Eagles- notorious for high ticket prices- announced a closing show on 12/7/18 a friday night. 12/7 is a famous holiday in Hawaii- Pearl Harbor day. The cheapest tickets were $100 each. As the show approached tickets could be bought for under $10 each!! Also its open air stadium so was light rain during parts show.
On 12/8/18 using the same stage setup was a Guns n Roses concert. GNR's first show ever in Hawaii. Fewer tickets were sold for GNR but you could buy for $20. Box score attendance was 22,485 for GNR.

I think T-Mobile arena or MGM arena is unlikely in Las Vegas because of the stadium opening this year. T-Mobile was newly built in 2016 its right on the strip most hotels are a short walk (the tropicana/las vegas blvd intersection has 12,536 hotel rooms) and the box score was $7,047,048 with 14,133 in 2016.

Date: October 23, 2019 00:25

Sounds like you think an Aloha Stadium show is unlikely for you, but none of the reasons you mention would hold any sway to whether the Stones play there or not.

Yes it's outside of Waikiki (apprx. ten miles only) with not many decent hotel options in the immediate vicinity (if any), and it's not in the best/most scenic area of Oahu,
but it's the largest stadium in Hawaii by far, and the only one that could accomodate a massive stadium style show for the Stones.

As for the Eagles and Guns'N'Roses not selling well...pretty sure the Stones playing in Hawaii would be a MUCH bigger draw than both of those acts combined.
Many people from Japan, Australia, and the US mainland would happily travel for a show there, not to mention the hundreds of thousand of Stones fans who actually live there.
If I recall, there was massive state-wide disappointment amongst the locals when plans changed the last time the Stones were suppose to play there, and no doubt they're hungrier than ever to see a Stones show!

Not saying it's going to happen for sure, but if the rumour holds true as posted by Dreamtime, it could be one of the greatest shows ever!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 23, 2019 00:27

Hairball
Sounds like you think an Aloha Stadium show is unlikely for you, but none of the reasons you mention would hold any sway to whether the Stones play there or not.

Yes it's outside of Waikiki (apprx. ten miles only) with not many decent hotel options in the immediate vicinity (if any), and it's not in the best/most scenic area of Oahu,
but it's the largest stadium in Hawaii by far, and the only one that could accomodate a massive stadium style show for the Stones.

As for the Eagles and Guns'N'Roses not selling well...pretty sure the Stones playing in Hawaii would be a MUCH bigger draw than both of those acts combined.
Many people from Japan, Australia, and the US mainland would happily travel for a show there, not to mention the hundreds of thousand of Stones fans who actually live there.
If I recall, there was massive state-wide disappointment amongst the locals when plans changed the last time the Stones were suppose to play there, and no doubt they're hungrier than ever to see a Stones show!

Not saying it's going to happen for sure, but if the rumour holds true as posted by Dreamtime, it could be one of the greatest shows ever!

If I remember correctly that show was pretty easy to axe due to poor ticket sales. Hawaii is just not a strong market for concerts or else there would be more there.

Date: October 23, 2019 00:34

Well logistically it's not the easiest place for a band to have on their itinerary -especially one with a large stage design, etc. - which also might be a reason many bands don't play there.
But the Stones in 2020 are an entirely different animal and pretty sure there would be high demand!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 23, 2019 00:47

Aloha Stadium would be an ultimate destination gig for me...

The Stones, and maybe my one and only chance to visit Pearl Harbor, which I've wanted to do since I was a little kid. Seeing the USS Arizona Memorial, and now the USS Missouri, too, would be worth every penny for me to make it happen. We will see...

My big question on No Filter 2020... will they make up the gig at the New Orleans Jazz Festival, or choose to play in Inglewood or Las Vegas, which are both scheduled to open at the end of July? If they use the 10-week tour schedule like last summer, they won't be able to do all 3 unless Taylor Swift isn't first to open SoFi Stadium in Inglewood as advertised already for 7/25-26. No opening events announced for Allegiant Stadium in Vegas yet.

Also, in Fall 2006 and 2015, The Stones seemed to follow the previous years' major markets with a run through the other, "flyover", markets. That was cool for me here in the Midwest in 2015.

#goaheadandlayTheStonesdatesonmeandstartsellingnextmonth... Hahaha!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 23, 2019 00:59

artedm

2. stadium was built in 1975- majority hotels in waikiki and the commute/traffic experience is pretty bad. Long flights / expensive hotels.

The Stones don't care about our commuting comfort or hotel bills, though it would be nice if they did. I recall their last visit to Hawaii made financial sense only because of the Pepsi show. Otherwise, no Pepsi, no Stones.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 23, 2019 01:12

Hawaii? As a native Californian, I have traveled to over 25 countries, but I've never been to Hawaii, if the Stones play there, I would have no excuse not to go.

Date: October 23, 2019 02:53

BluzDude
Hawaii? As a native Californian, I have traveled to over 25 countries, but I've never been to Hawaii, if the Stones play there, I would have no excuse not to go.

Well heck BluzDude, only one thing I can tell you...Surfs Up Dude! eye popping smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 23, 2019 06:28

shattered

That would be great. Saw them last year in London. Bluz Dude made for an amazing show.

plexi

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: October 23, 2019 18:53

timbernardis
shattered

That would be great. Saw them last year in London. Bluz Dude made for an amazing show.

plexi

If you need an extra guitar player or singer in California, I would love to contribute. I have a full PA and some extra equipment for those who are traveling.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 23, 2019 20:21

shattered

I certainly hope so.

Date: October 23, 2019 22:41

duke richardson
shattered

I certainly hope so.

Is there any videos of the IORR Band?

Posted by: rara ()
Date: October 23, 2019 22:44

jumpontopofmebaby
duke richardson
shattered

I certainly hope so.

Is there any videos of the IORR Band?

Just look up "IORR band" on YouTube - plenty of videos on there!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home