Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 84
Re: What's next, after No Filter???
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 14, 2019 14:51

tomcasagranda
I think the reason Midnight Rambler is so great, live and studio, is that it proves The Stones are still badass. No matter how respectable they've become, once the opening bars of Midnight Rambler kick in then you know you are in the presence of something voodoo-esque.

I've always dug Midnight Rambler (especially the instrumental work-out) since I first heard it in the 1970's. It is their classic set piece and highlights their musicality, but I would argue about how much the tune showcases their "Bad Assness" attitude (given the fact that it is now played in front of adult concert goers who are bringing their young kids to hear this tune-think about that for a second?) From my estimation, Mick Jagger has "softened" the edge on this tune over the years and actually has distanced himself from being the "Midnight Rambler" as he now often sings "He's called the hit and run, raper rather than "I'm called"... If you want bad ass, look to the versions from 69-73 (ESPECIALLY on the Brussels version which embodies that element of menace and sends shivers down my spine) that is bad ass!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-14 15:31 by Sighunt.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 14, 2019 15:14

Yes, I agree.
Especially the "Yo, yo, yo!" sing a long piece took all the rough edges of the song.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 14, 2019 15:19

marianna
I've never gotten the appeal of "Midnight Rambler" as a part of every setlist. The song goes on for so long and it's predictable. The song itself has always seemed cornball to me. It makes me think of Tony Curtis in the Boston Strangler movie every time I hear it. It would have more impact if it were a surprise or a fan choice vote.

I haven't seen the Stones in several years, but I'd be more likely to pay for a ticket (or try for an LD) if they would come up with a slightly more varied setlist. I doubt that will happen, and the fact it won't may make it easier for them to keep touring.

Nnnnnnooooooo. It's the centrepiece. THEIR musical tour de force. You jest, surely?

Rod

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 14, 2019 15:40

well, Rambler is really the centerpiece as well as the last interesting song in their set (the rest is just greatest hits for the tourists and the casual fans)

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 14, 2019 16:23

tomcasagranda
I think the reason Midnight Rambler is so great, live and studio, is that it proves The Stones are still badass. No matter how respectable they've become, once the opening bars of Midnight Rambler kick in then you know you are in the presence of something voodoo-esque.

and in the presence of GREATNESS. A masterpiece.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 14, 2019 16:49

GJV
Yes, I agree.
Especially the "Yo, yo, yo!" sing a long piece took all the rough edges of the song.

Together with "If you know how to party say Ohhh yeahhhh...!"

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: September 17, 2019 18:32

Taylor Swift opening LA Stadium
she will blaze a trail by being the first woman in history to open an NFL stadium, when she becomes the inaugrual artist to perform at the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles on July 25 and 26 2020

[www.billboard.com]

Las Vegas Stadium yet to announce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-17 18:33 by artedm.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 17, 2019 18:51

What’s that got to do with the stones touring plans?

Nate

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 17, 2019 18:52

Nothing but it's after No Filter

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 17, 2019 18:55

The end of civilization as we know it ...

Date: September 17, 2019 18:55

... but (hopefully) not right away.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 17, 2019 19:02

I'd rather have that over and dealt with, the lingering way it unfolds is tedious. Some review identified the Stones as the four horsemen, why not

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 17, 2019 19:10

posted by mistake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-17 19:11 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: September 17, 2019 19:28

Nikkei

I was under the impression that the stones will still be touring long after Taylor Swift has retired.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 17, 2019 19:39

Nate
Nikkei

I was under the impression that the stones will still be touring long after Taylor Swift has retired.

Nate >grinning smiley<

I think actually its Mick who will retire soon and Taylor Swift will be new lead singer for The Stones.

Date: September 17, 2019 19:58

jlowe
Nate
Nikkei

Nate >grinning smiley<

I think actually its Mick who will retire soon and Taylor Swift will be new lead singer for The Stones.

Seems like every thread swiftly turns into a Mick / Taylor discussion

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-17 20:01 by schillid.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 17, 2019 20:02

artedm
Taylor Swift opening LA Stadium
she will blaze a trail by being the first woman in history to open an NFL stadium, when she becomes the inaugrual artist to perform at the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles on July 25 and 26 2020

[www.billboard.com]

Las Vegas Stadium yet to announce

There a possibility there will be some delays in the construction and completion of the new stadium in L.A.!

Australian "Tour"
Date: September 19, 2019 15:04

Radio Station 6PR in Perth announcer, at 5.55pm tonight, mentioned that The Stones were likely to be touring Australian cities in early 2020, but that Perth was not included in schedule. Then played Gimme Shelter. For what it's worth...

Rod

Re: What's next, after No Filter 2019?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 19, 2019 15:13

If they get to a deal for a number of Tokyo Japan shows during the spring og 2020, I will assume they add shows in the area, including places like Singapore, Shanghai, Macao, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane.

Bjornulf

Date: September 19, 2019 15:15

bv
If they get to a deal for a number of Tokyo Japan shows during the spring og 2020, I will assume they add shows in the area, including places like Singapore, Shanghai, Macao, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane.

Singapore? I'll be in Singapore March 8-14.... Chance?

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-19 15:15 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: September 19, 2019 16:13

bitusa2012
bv

Bjornulf has previously said in this thread the tour could be in April.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: September 19, 2019 16:18

Will there be lucky dips? sure it will be very difficult to get tickets at low cost

Date: September 19, 2019 18:36

WelshEdge1
bitusa2012
bv

If they play around 15 shows the tour would last a couple of months.

Nate

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: September 19, 2019 18:44

Nate
WelshEdge1
bitusa2012
bv

If they play around 15 shows the tour would last a couple of months.

Nate

1 show every 4 days x 15 shows are 2 months on tour. I hope that Tokyo is the last part to collect the money and travel from Buenos Aires. Hopefully you can get the lucky dips.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 19, 2019 18:46

WelshEdge1
bitusa2012
bv

Absolutely not. Please do not bend my words. All I said was the fact that the tour would not be announced in November, if some dates were in April.

I have quite a bit of info, but if I post some of it here, it just end up twisted.

Just take a look at the IORR news as for the prevous Asia and Down Under tours, and when they got announced, not many months ahead.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-19 18:49 by bv.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 30, 2019 23:38

Well its the 1st October today I'm expecting an Aust/NZ tour announcement between now and the 31st November, 2019

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 1, 2019 00:10

colonial

Well its the 1st October today I'm expecting an Aust/NZ tour announcement between now and the 31st November, 2019

Yep .... Tour-Announcement on 31st November, 2019 -- because it's a unique date .... grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 1, 2019 00:41

Irix
colonial

Yep .... Tour-Announcement on 31st November, 2019 -- because it's a unique date .... grinning smiley

smiling smiley Nov 31st....It could be called the Never Happening Tour

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 1, 2019 02:54

schillid

Seems like every thread swiftly turns into a Mick / Taylor discussion

He's haughty.
Or it that, hotty?

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: October 3, 2019 18:48

Are there any chances for some gigs in Europe next year?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home