Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 84
Re: What's next, after No Filter???
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 29, 2019 07:34

Hairball
KRiffhard
"No Album"

The "New album" thread should be retitled the "No album" thread. lol...

They could do a "No Album" tour to celebrate not having released a new album for 15 years!!!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 29, 2019 08:51

No Audience - It’s just the stones in my apartment.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 29, 2019 10:42

I think this might be it ...

However, there are plenty of underplayed places they could play for another 15 city tour.

Opening the 2 new stadiums. The novelty could boost demand and explain why LA only got 1 show this year. Reschedule Miami for the next leg if necessary.

They could fill stadiums in some of the neglected areas of Canada and make Mexico part of the NA tour this time filling it out with a few choice locations in the U.S.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 17:47

Next is FarEast, Australia e NZ early February 2020

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: August 29, 2019 17:57

JordyLicks96
24FPS
Finally explain what the hell is the significance of 'No Filter'? And why it keeps being called that. It's not like anything changed about the presentation, or setlist, to call it 'No Filter'.

When they started the NO FILTER TOUR in 2017, it presented a new stage design, the same one they're using right now. From what I've seen on videos (and being at the first New Jersey show), the video boards were made to look like iPhones. During the show, the screens/video are edited to have different 'FILTERS' change during each song throughout the show, making it look very artistic...like what you can do with your own pics and videos on your phone.

Another meaning of 'No Filter' is someone who says anything without consideration for the audience. Not sure if that definition applies here but I'm thinking it has more to do with the video screens showcasing filters like what an iPhone can do.

I kind of thought it had something to do with the stripped down stage and band...no filter on the music. When compared to other stages in the last few decades its pretty barren.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 29, 2019 18:06

PaintitBlue
JordyLicks96
24FPS
Finally explain what the hell is the significance of 'No Filter'? And why it keeps being called that. It's not like anything changed about the presentation, or setlist, to call it 'No Filter'.

When they started the NO FILTER TOUR in 2017, it presented a new stage design, the same one they're using right now. From what I've seen on videos (and being at the first New Jersey show), the video boards were made to look like iPhones. During the show, the screens/video are edited to have different 'FILTERS' change during each song throughout the show, making it look very artistic...like what you can do with your own pics and videos on your phone.

Another meaning of 'No Filter' is someone who says anything without consideration for the audience. Not sure if that definition applies here but I'm thinking it has more to do with the video screens showcasing filters like what an iPhone can do.

I kind of thought it had something to do with the stripped down stage and band...no filter on the music. When compared to other stages in the last few decades its pretty barren.

I never liked the "No Filter" name of the tour. When they started doing tease promos for the tour 3 years ago, they were using the phrase "No Stopping" which would have been a more appropriate name for the tour,
Whatever, its only RnR!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 29, 2019 19:45

Dan

However, there are plenty of underplayed places they could play for another 15 city tour.

Opening the 2 new stadiums. The novelty could boost demand and explain why LA only got 1 show this year. Reschedule Miami for the next leg if necessary.

They could fill stadiums in some of the neglected areas of Canada and make Mexico part of the NA tour this time filling it out with a few choice locations in the U.S.

Would be nice for the Stones to christen the new stadiums in L.A. as well Vegas!
And they could veer down to San Diego as well.

You still thinking of going to Miami Dan?!!! eye popping smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 29, 2019 23:00

Hairball
Dan

Would be nice for the Stones to christen the new stadiums in L.A. as well Vegas!
And they could veer down to San Diego as well.

You still thinking of going to Miami Dan?!!! eye popping smiley

Can get a nonstop from LAX to FLL for 540 and ticket prices are dropping ...

But I have a cold so can't even think of putting myself thru that.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 01:13

It is FarEast & Oceania Time...Feb. & March, then finish new album out in Nov.2020 and Farewell Tour 2021/2022/2023 South America, Europe and North America again with 3 London show at the end...

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 30, 2019 01:42

mailexile67
It is FarEast & Oceania Time...Feb. & March, then finish new album out in Nov.2020 and Farewell Tour 2021/2022/2023 South America, Europe and North America again with 3 London show at the end...

mailexile67..Surely they're include Aust/NZ in their farewell tour what ya reckon mate

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 30, 2019 01:55

Isn't that Oceana?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 30, 2019 01:58

People using the term "farewell tour" are secretly longing for it.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 30, 2019 02:37

I really doubt any future tour will be promoted as a 'farewell' tour.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: August 30, 2019 03:00

Nikkei
People using the term "farewell tour" are secretly longing for it.
if the band continues to play the same tunes over and over.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 30, 2019 03:23

They've never played a song more than once per show

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 30, 2019 05:46

"No Paycheck" lol

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 30, 2019 07:14

2020 NOTHING NEW tour.

Date: August 30, 2019 16:05

Are we giving up on a new/last real album? If they keep touring there will not be a last album.
I have to say this: in the images from this very last tour, I can really see their age taking over. Up until now I think it has been them defying anything and everything. But I look at Keith, and Charlie; and Mick too - they are very old men now. And for the first time ever I get this sense that they may be running out of gas.
I say this as a lifer; all 50 years I have been hardcore fan and never wavered. So this has nothing to do with stupid journalists, or negativity. I have never known life w/o the Stones.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 30, 2019 16:17

Palace Revolution 2000
Are we giving up on a new/last real album? If they keep touring there will not be a last album.
I have to say this: in the images from this very last tour, I can really see their age taking over. Up until now I think it has been them defying anything and everything. But I look at Keith, and Charlie; and Mick too - they are very old men now. And for the first time ever I get this sense that they may be running out of gas.
I say this as a lifer; all 50 years I have been hardcore fan and never wavered. So this has nothing to do with stupid journalists, or negativity. I have never known life w/o the Stones.

Yeah. Already in 2002 they didn't get enough decent tracks together in time for the planned album. The meanwhile surfaced outtakes don't have much potential to say the least, except maybe U Don't Wanna and Love Is A Test (and the embryos of Trouble and Laugh I Nearly Died as we know now). Now we know why Keys To Your Love and Loosing My Touch made it on a Greatest Hits album (which is pretty absurd). - There won't be another album probably. If they tour in Spring '20 that will be it for the year more or less.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 16:20 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 30, 2019 16:37

19th Nervous Breakdown

Bjornulf

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 30, 2019 16:59

The first order of business will be getting on the jet and leaving Florida before Dorian leaves it shattered.

As for some new material, they could just release a single or EP if they don't have a full album in them.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 30, 2019 17:05

Javadave

As for some new material, they could just release a single or EP if they don't have a full album in them.

They should have done this right at the start of the NoFilter US-Tour 2019 and playing the new Track live ....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 30, 2019 19:36

Irix
Javadave

They should have done this right at the start of the NoFilter US-Tour 2019 and playing the new Track live ....

thumbs up

Date: August 30, 2019 21:36

Slane 2007 i thought it would be the last time. Same for werchter 2014, arnhem 2017 and edinburgh 2018.

I accept i will never see them in a club but if i win the lottery i will organise a iorr club gig. Keep you posted!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 30, 2019 22:57

The very last show tonight

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 30, 2019 23:07

Arena shows for St. Louis, Atlanta, Portland OR, Vancouver, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Memphis, Birmingham, Cleveland, Lexington KY, Detroit, San Diego, Dallas, NYC, LA...?

: )

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 30, 2019 23:20

Palace Revolution 2000
Are we giving up on a new/last real album?

I don't think that matters. It's not up to fans if they make a new LP.

If they are so inclined, which it seems they are, to continue to just be a nostalgic greatest hits machine, so be it. What Mick complained about by saying they're not like the Beach Boys with the new LICKS tracks was clearly him projecting the truth in a snarky way: 3 greatest hits releases between 1 new original and 1 cover album. That's just ridiculous.

A BIGGER BANG was kind of touted as their last album when I read some things back when it came out. They've certainly done enough to prove that, regardless of BLUE AND LONESOME, even though that technically qualifies as a new album, it's just not one of originals.

Their discography is enormous compared to everyone else (band wise) that I can think of.

Any fan having hope changes nothing. If they do they do. With nothing leaked there's nothing to suggest they've really been working on a new album with regard to releasing it. Maybe they really don't have any substantial ideas to make a new album. There's plenty of unreleased tracks going back to whenever to be released. At this point it indeed seems all about them playing live, ignoring 98% of their catalog post-1981, and just making money.

No one outside of a number of people here give a shit if they do a new LP. So whatever.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 31, 2019 03:22

What's next....

Mick will have several small roles in several more bad movies, and might contribute a solo track to one of them.
Keith will start his own brand of weed the same way Willie Nelson did, and wil simply call it KEEF (some of the profits will go to arthritis research).
Ronnie will release another overpriced book of his drawings with the next one being a compilation of charcoal drawings depicting all the band member's feet.
Charlie will enter an international tiddlywinks tournament, and after a grueling three months of battling it out, will take home the championship.

Date: August 31, 2019 07:27

Ronnie:

“It’s like a medicine. We don’t like to stop working. All being well, there’ll be a new album and a new tour.

“It will be great — but let’s get this one over with first.”

[www.foxnews.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-31 07:28 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 31, 2019 18:01

artedm

4th the math
Stadiums enable them to play to 3x the crowd at 3x less per ticket.
For example an arena is maybe 15,000+ a stadium is 45,000+ people
For arena ticket prices probably start about $225+ for stadiums ticket prices start at about $65+

5th in the USA with this tour they have hit most of the major markets and both coasts

for those internationally who might not be aware two major stadiums are currently under construction and planning to open next year around July 2020 in the USA. Both stadiums are likely to have a band open them up.

1. Los Angeles Stadium $5 billion usd
[en.wikipedia.org]

2. Las Vegas Stadium $1.8 billion usd
[en.wikipedia.org]
The Las Vegas Stadium is managed by the Rolling Stones promoter. The Rolling Stones did arena show in las vegas in 2016 at promoters new arena opening that year.

This is the dream

sc uk

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1965
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home