Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Are ecologically responsible Stones Tours possible?
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 14, 2019 22:31

Yes of course. No children for Europeans! And why not follow Nye the Tv-Guides advice. Jail the ”sceptics” https://youtu.be/xlk4Lt__Sn0

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 22:46

Redhotcarpet
Yes of course. No children for Europeans! And why not follow Nye the Tv-Guides advice. Jail the ”sceptics” https://youtu.be/xlk4Lt__Sn0
He's talking about corporate hacks who suppress climate change data, which oil companies have been doing since the '80s.

RFK Jr. is a schmuck, but Nye said nothing wrong here...he was simply raising what-if scenarios based on past corporate malfeasance.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 22:48

[www.bloomberg.com]

Even the Pentagon, that bastion of left-wing environmentalism, has been raising the threats posed by climate change ever since George W. Bush was in office.

Date: August 14, 2019 22:56

georgemcdonnell314
I have met Kurt.......he is not ignorant.

I'm sure you're right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-14 22:57 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: August 14, 2019 23:00

DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314

I'm sure you're right.

I think ignorance would have been his best argument to be honest eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 14, 2019 23:10

JimmyShelter
DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314

I'm sure you're right.

I think ignorance would have been his best argument to be honest eye rolling smiley

Thanks JimmyShelter.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2019 23:16

RStones2550
GasLightStreet
RStones2550
GasLightStreet
RStones2550
Way to belittle someone who disagrees with you, BV. There are actually lots of scientists who do disagree with the way the "climate movement" is going today. Yes, climate changes. That's how it goes. And most of this "science" is actually just computer models done by scientists whose grants and funds are made possible by governments who are expecting an outcome - it's getting warmer.

I mean, why do anything? We're all going to die by 2030 anyways.

Just because someone is skeptical of climate "science," doesn't mean that they believe in a flat Earth or that we can't build bridges. But you do you, continue belittling the people who disagree with you.

You miss BV's point: it's HAPPENING whether you (anyone) agrees with it (believes it), understands and acknowledges it (promotes facts), disagrees with it (disbelieves) or thinks it's a hoax (chooses to ignore facts to fit their narrative).

There are a number of things happening (that have happened) that show something is changing but here are 3 that are significant factors:

1. cold dependent trees are migrating northward
2. lightning occurring within 300 miles of the north pole
3. rising sea surfaces

Since you seem to be of the hoax minded, read this and tell me nothing is happening:

The Miami bridge to Key Biscayne sparks a new worry on Wall Street: rising seas
[www.miamiherald.com]

You are ignorant if you thought that was what I meant. But anyways, this conversation is boring because people just like to call one another names and this is getting nowhere. YES THE CLIMATE IS CHANGING. Happened before and guess what? It will happen again. But go ahead and alarm everyone.

What you meant was absolutely clear but your wording of it was just an red carpet for people who choose to ignore facts and then you do the usual 'of course the climate changes' garbage.

"Alarm everyone"? HA!

Who is "everyone"?

I don't give a shit if you continue to live your life ignoring facts or reinventing them to fit your little idea of a not-warming-world - just stay out of the way of the facts.

Since you don't believe it, why do you choose to say anything at all?
You were dropped on your head as kid, right? Yes, the Earth is warming. Yes, you are a douchebag.

Go blow into a balloon.

Posted by: RStones2550 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 23:31

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 23:50

Now that the thread has bloated completely off topic, I suppose the answer to its original query is: "Yes, but not likely."

At least with the global cooling scare of the 1970s, the politicians had the good sense to keep out of it.

Nothing divides a population quite like making a political issue out of something.

Politics = the curse of humanity.

If you want to see climate change, just wait for the next catastrophic volcanic eruption (or two): Following Mount Tambora in 1815 was the "Year Without a Summer".

As for all our plastic bags and straws and the like, the Earth will bury us just like it did ancient Sumeria.

Seen any dinosaurs lately?

Date: August 15, 2019 01:27

What one could do is raise awareness of animal cruelty - we have a growing problem with that in Sweden but this is not possible to address if youre an environmentalist - for obvious reasons. Youd have to ask yourself why this is a rapidly increasing problem. Like the forest fires last summer. There were no uncontrollable fires in Finland despite having the same heatwave last summer.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: August 15, 2019 01:37

stone66
Now that the thread has bloated completely off topic, I suppose the answer to its original query is: "Yes, but not likely."

At least with the global cooling scare of the 1970s, the politicians had the good sense to keep out of it.

Nothing divides a population quite like making a political issue out of something.

Politics = the curse of humanity.

If you want to see climate change, just wait for the next catastrophic volcanic eruption (or two): Following Mount Tambora in 1815 was the "Year Without a Summer".

As for all our plastic bags and straws and the like, the Earth will bury us just like it did ancient Sumeria.

Seen any dinosaurs lately?
er...no dinosaurs but several dodos....

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 15, 2019 01:41

Or ostriches...

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: August 15, 2019 02:21

OK, and alligators.

Say, wouldn't it be fun to watch Mick wrestle an alligator onstage during Sympathy For The Devil?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2019 09:10

Say, wouldn't it be fun to watch Mick wrestle an alligator onstage during Sympathy For The Devil?

Kids Stuff ...... be wilder ta see
Mick dancin' around a saltwater croc...... now we're talkin .... Jumpin' Jack SNAP!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 15, 2019 09:12

Rockman

Kids Stuff ...... be wilder ta see
Mick dancin' around a saltwater croc...... now we're talkin .... Jumpin' Jack SNAP!!!

As somebody just said on the Seattle live thread: Thank you and GOODNIGHT!

(or maybe Keith would clout it with a Telecaster just in time?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 09:13 by Green Lady.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 15, 2019 09:24

GasLightStreet
RStones2550
GasLightStreet
RStones2550
GasLightStreet
RStones2550
Way to belittle someone who disagrees with you, BV. There are actually lots of scientists who do disagree with the way the "climate movement" is going today. Yes, climate changes. That's how it goes. And most of this "science" is actually just computer models done by scientists whose grants and funds are made possible by governments who are expecting an outcome - it's getting warmer.

Just because someone is skeptical of climate "science," doesn't mean that they believe in a flat Earth or that we can't build bridges. But you do you, continue belittling the people who disagree with you.

You miss BV's point: it's HAPPENING whether you (anyone) agrees with it (believes it), understands and acknowledges it (promotes facts), disagrees with it (disbelieves) or thinks it's a hoax (chooses to ignore facts to fit their narrative).

There are a number of things happening (that have happened) that show something is changing but here are 3 that are significant factors:

3. rising sea surfaces

Since you seem to be of the hoax minded, read this and tell me nothing is happening:

[www.miamiherald.com]

You are ignorant if you thought that was what I meant. But anyways, this conversation is boring because people just like to call one another names and this is getting nowhere. YES THE CLIMATE IS CHANGING. Happened before and guess what? It will happen again. But go ahead and alarm everyone.

What you meant was absolutely clear but your wording of it was just an red carpet for people who choose to ignore facts and then you do the usual 'of course the climate changes' garbage.

"Alarm everyone"? HA!

Who is "everyone"?

I don't give a shit if you continue to live your life ignoring facts or reinventing them to fit your little idea of a not-warming-world - just stay out of the way of the facts.

You were dropped on your head as kid, right? Yes, the Earth is warming. Yes, you are a douchebag.

Go blow into a balloon.

I just clicked on this thread to see if there was a consensus on the topic, and . . . *tiptoes out again*

Date: August 15, 2019 12:16

Aquamarine
GasLightStreet
RStones2550
GasLightStreet
RStones2550
GasLightStreet
RStones2550

3. rising sea surfaces

[www.miamiherald.com]

"Alarm everyone"? HA!

Who is "everyone"?

Go blow into a balloon.

I just clicked on this thread to see if there was a consensus on the topic, and . . . *tiptoes out again*

Free speech and science. No need for consensus.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 15, 2019 13:40

Is this April fools day ?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 15, 2019 15:10

There are a lot of signs (occurrences) happening yet for a good amount of people there is that refusal to acknowledge things are changing, have been changing and will continue to change in a manner that is not normal, the infamous 'climate changes and all that kind of denial.

Is the carbon footprint of a plane with 10 people in it the same as one that is full for a flight? Does that even matter? The plane is flying regardless. The carbon footprint doesn't shrink because of more people.

If the Stones are buying carbon quotas I have a ton of excellent acres of land they can buy in Louisiana.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 15, 2019 16:55

Greta is on her way to New York now. On a zero emissions yacht. She will arrive in two weeks. She gets attacked every week by CEO:s and right wing politicians. The Swedish CEO for a big sports company (XXL) was sacked the other day since he had written on his Facebook page that Greta "was one step away from Downs Syndrome". It didn't help that he claimed that someone else had written it. British Businessman Arron Banks wrote on his Facebook that "freak yachting accidents do happen in August". After criticism he claimed that "It was a joke. The left has no humour...". There you go. It isn't easy for a 16 year old girl to defend Mother Earth...

Date: August 15, 2019 17:24

GasLightStreet
There are a lot of signs (occurrences) happening yet for a good amount of people there is that refusal to acknowledge things are changing, have been changing and will continue to change in a manner that is not normal, the infamous 'climate changes and all that kind of denial.

Is the carbon footprint of a plane with 10 people in it the same as one that is full for a flight? Does that even matter? The plane is flying regardless. The carbon footprint doesn't shrink because of more people.

If the Stones are buying carbon quotas I have a ton of excellent acres of land they can buy in Louisiana.

Earth, weather and climate has always changed.

Date: August 15, 2019 17:30

Humans don’t really change. The willingness to bow for dystopic leaders and the belief in Armageddon is static.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 15, 2019 17:47

Redhotcarpet: I'm sure you're aware that your links goes to right wing pundits? Not scientists. You criticize others for having an agenda but yet it's very clear you have one also.

Personally? I'm trying to remain neutral here. I do not have an agenda. It's very hard to process all information here. But clearly there are things to address.
And I find it hard to accept grown men attacking a young girl for addressing important issues concerning the climate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 17:48 by Stoneage.

Date: August 15, 2019 21:37

Uvell is right wing and so is Brendan - so what? Greta is clearly left wing. She’s not a scientist.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:11

Hey I got another one ...…

Solar Panel powered guitars …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:23

Stoneage
Redhotcarpet: I'm sure you're aware that your links goes to right wing pundits? Not scientists. You criticize others for having an agenda but yet it's very clear you have one also.

Personally? I'm trying to remain neutral here. I do not have an agenda. It's very hard to process all information here. But clearly there are things to address.
And I find it hard to accept grown men attacking a young girl for addressing important issues concerning the climate.
thumbs up

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:25

Redhotcarpet
Uvell is right wing and so is Brendan - so what? Greta is clearly left wing. She’s not a scientist.

Greta left wing ? Rubbish.

Date: August 15, 2019 22:32

In Norway, the environmental parties might have radical ideas, but they're clearly centre and not left wing.

Date: August 15, 2019 23:11

shortfatfanny
Redhotcarpet

Greta left wing ? Rubbish.

She and her mother are leftists. Do u really think that the Antifa-t-shirt was a mistake? Really?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home