Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: East Rutherford NJ 1 Song Vote
Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: July 30, 2019 22:12

I'm puzzled why anyone who's not attending the show votes in the poll. Personally, I may voice my opinion but I would never vote for a show I'm not attending. Is the thought process "Oh sweet, I can watch it on YouTube"? Just not the same.

I am attending this show; therefore, I voted for Rainbow. I will also partake in Metlife 2's vote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 22:15 by JTHanis.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 30, 2019 23:04

JTHanis
I'm puzzled why anyone who's not attending the show votes in the poll. Personally, I may voice my opinion but I would never vote for a show I'm not attending. Is the thought process "Oh sweet, I can watch it on YouTube"? Just not the same.

I am attending this show; therefore, I voted for Rainbow. I will also partake in Metlife 2's vote.

I disagree, but that's a fair way to look at it.

I'll be at the next couple, but there are a fair number of fans who watch online and also fans who look forward to youtube tapings etc. The band puts the offer to vote out on all their various social media sites, for publicity and seemingly encouraging everyone to vote it appears to me.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 30, 2019 23:25

Rainbow for me, and they are all great Stones songs ,so any one...…………..or more will do. smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 30, 2019 23:59

If I'm not attending a show, I still vote because I care and want the fans in attendance to have the best experience. I don't always pick a song because it's a favorite, but pick one that's fitting, one that needs to be heard, and/or one that hasn't been played very often. Plus it's nice to see your vote win knowing you had a very small part in the setlist process. One things certain though, I'll never vote for Emotional Rescue no matter how many times it's been a choice, and even if it was the only choice - especially at a show I'm attending. Having seen it live before, can only say it was just as bad as the studio version and wouldn't want to see it taint an entire show ever again whether I'm in attendance or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-31 00:00 by Hairball.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: July 31, 2019 00:09

JMI!!!!

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: July 31, 2019 01:07

mjmjr
SHES A RAINBOW! never been played on east coast!

Back in December 1997, on the BTB tour, I rigged the vote for the Orange Bowl Miami show, and got them to play She's A Rainbow. (This was during the days where the internet was fairly new and not everybody was online, like today.) I went to the Stones' site where they had vote list. And I kept re-voting repeatedly for She's A Rainbow. (which was in last place, at the time.)

The online system was very primitive and it counted my votes each time I submitted. And each time I put it thru, the percentage for She's A Rainbow went up and up and up and up. I just made it ridiculously high for She's A Rainbow. The 2nd place song wasn't even close!

And sure enough, when they showed the results on the screen at the show, and She's A Rainbow won by a crazy margin, I just collapsed into hysterical laughter! I forced the Stones to play it! It was great!

But anyway, Miami is on the east coast! smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 31, 2019 01:33

rlj1010 … Hide if ya hear a knock on ya door

Most of them cyber-police dudes think
TSMR is one of those albums full of weird-arse songs
that were all written while under the influence of mind expanding drugs …………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 31, 2019 09:57

I voted for Rainbow. Even though I'm not at the show I hope my vote (for the rare song) will be played for the fans that will be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-31 10:01 by frankotero.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 31, 2019 11:21

JTHanis
I'm puzzled why anyone who's not attending the show votes in the poll.

to get songs off the list ('if they play that song in Philly, they won't play it when I see them in NYC')

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 31, 2019 11:58

I voted for Imagination but then I remembered that they did it at Giants back in 2006. But sometimes they do this, play a lesser known song in a city although they did it there the tour Before. Stockholm has for instance gotten Sweet Virginia twice in the last 5 shows there. It's also fun to chase a song, I knew they were gonna do Beast in Munich in 2017 and in Vegas in 2013 as I had calculated that and that is what they did both times! It'll be interesting to see what NJ gets...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 31, 2019 13:06

JTHanis

It is an online vote open to all the fans, not only to those who will be at the concert, the concerts are recorded and often made available to everyone, other times these songs end up on a live album is also a way of participating and doing part of something.

Anyone who chooses respectable above of she's a rainbow must get a music ban for life. cool smiley
I voted for Just My Imagination, but Emotional Rescue would be great too ... they are all fantastic songs and if you think otherwise, I accept your thoughts, but don't let me say that those who think differently must get a ban on music for life. You are limited ...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 31, 2019 14:58

She doesn't fu cking know me!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 31, 2019 16:47

First cup of coffee after a red eye flight, I walk in and Just My Imagination (original) is playing loud!
Took it as a good sign.. great song I last heard from the boys in Detroit!

“Oh New York.. you talk a lot. Let’s have a look at ya!” cool smiley

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 31, 2019 21:43

I would personally vote Just My Imagination, but even FIFA/UEFA were in charge of this process I'd have more faith in this little charade!

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: July 31, 2019 23:43

I personally don't think it's a charade. All the songs they put up for vote so far seem to have been rehearsed or played in recent tours and easy enough to work up at sound check.

Since they link to the poll across all their social media platforms I just think a large number of casual fans vote. Especially since there is a ticket giveaway associated with it, I think some internet people vote without caring which song just to possibly get those miami tix. The niche group of die hards that want the rarest song arent enough to sway the poll. Maybe one day someone can unite the shidoobs, iorrians, rocks offs, etc and we might have enough collective power to get the rare one on the list!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 1, 2019 00:17

"Maybe one day someone can unite the shidoobs, iorrians, rocks offs, etc and we might have enough collective power to get the rare one on the list!"

STONERS UNITE! smileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 1, 2019 00:52

This is a movement!!! GO!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 00:55 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: August 1, 2019 01:14

RAINBOW

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: August 1, 2019 03:18

I hope imagination wins!

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 09:25

schillid
JordyLicks96
...Nobody is going to vote for Emotional Rescue bc nobody really wants to hear it.

I voted for Emotional Rescue ... LOL
So did I. Guess we are nobodies.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 1, 2019 14:50

rlj1010
mjmjr

Back in December 1997, on the BTB tour, I rigged the vote for the Orange Bowl Miami show, and got them to play She's A Rainbow. (This was during the days where the internet was fairly new and not everybody was online, like today.) I went to the Stones' site where they had vote list. And I kept re-voting repeatedly for She's A Rainbow. (which was in last place, at the time.)

The online system was very primitive and it counted my votes each time I submitted. And each time I put it thru, the percentage for She's A Rainbow went up and up and up and up. I just made it ridiculously high for She's A Rainbow. The 2nd place song wasn't even close!

A friend of mine did the same thing in 1997 for "Factory Girl" which won the vote at one of the New Jersey shows. He wrote some kind of simple program which entered multiple votes. I think the Stones were genuinely surprised it won.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 15:07 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: August 1, 2019 16:16

rlj1010
mjmjr

And sure enough, when they showed the results on the screen at the show, and She's A Rainbow won by a crazy margin, I just collapsed into hysterical laughter! I forced the Stones to play it! It was great!

But anyway, Miami is on the east coast! smiling smiley

Awesome Story xD

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 5, 2019 18:32

Anything but EMOTIONAL rESCUE

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home