Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones are Back !
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 1, 2019 14:33

Where to begin , why not Show #1 in Chicago . Wow !!!!!!!!!! Keith leads the Stones out unto the stage and belts out the opening chords to Street Fighting Man in such a strong way and Mick Bless his soul sings the most beautiful soulful vocals and Ronnie played his best and Charlie even surprised me with some really nice drumming with a twist and I knew the 2019 Rolling Stones were back in such a huge way ! Mick was a little tentative the first half dozen songs and was blowing his noise and drinking from multiple cups which I know one of them had to have been tea and then he remembered that he is Mick Jagger the worlds best frontman and then some ! Keith was very impressive for me and one of my measuring sticks with his playing is how well he plays his solo on Honky Tonk , and I am here to testify that his hands and fingers were getting it done in such a huge TRADITIONAL way where he LEADS the Stones with his fierce fretboard work and the solo on Honky Tonk was righteous ! Ronnie played some fierce guitar with his solo on Midnight Rambler very noteworthy for me with the little snippet of You Gotta Move thrown in the slow middle section and what a sonic treat that was on this cold and damp first day of summer Chicago style , but no worries due to the heat emanating from the stage out into the Windy City Masses here to bask in the triumphant return of the Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World -THE ROLLING STONES !!!!!!!!!!!!! It was pointed out to me that our host BV was just to my right in PIT 1 which is always cool to see ! This was a week in Chicago that I will never forget and how powerful everything was for yours truly . Day 2 I took a little field trip to Chicago Music Exchange and made some new friends and enjoyed myself immensely while immersing myself in all kinds of wonderful 6 string instruments which was a lot of fun and very educational for this consumer of fine vintage stringed instruments smiling smiley Day 3 Take me out to Wrigley Field and lets enjoy America's favorite pastime with the Cubs hosting the NY Mets . We had some great 12th row field box seats in between homeplate and the first base visitors dugout and it was a spectacular day and my very first visit to America's most oldest and most historic ball park Wrigley Field . A very nice visit , and I have to give a nice compliment to the hometown Cubs fans that were very welcoming to us ! Day 4 the Bill German event at the art gallery . I had read the book when it came out and loved it and here I was listening to the author of "Under There Thumb " Bill German regaling us with all his knowledge from being behind the curtain to OZ ! Which is truly amazing for me because as I said to him in person after the event "that you got to live the most awesome super fans dream ever " of being in the Stones orbit or universe and rub elbows and mix it up with my idols ! No small feat in and of itself ! Oh by the way Bill German is a super nice guy ! Day 5 June 25th @Solider Field in PIT 2 in front of Keith as he leads the charge right into Jumping Jack Flash which was so powerful ,High lights for me were Bitch , Monkey Man which was out of this world good and then one song that I wanted to hear so bad from Blues and Lonesome - Ride em on Down , which to my ears sounded so much better than the Desert Trip performance . Ronnie was on point with his killer solo and Mick's vocals were so much fun that I could only imagine Kristen Stewart writhing away and grinding away so lustfully smoking smiley Sweet Virginia on the B Stage was to die for on acoustic no less ! The smiles between Keith and Mick and Keith and Ronnie were infectious to say the least and there most certainly was magic in the air that Tuesday night at Solider Field which was a very warm summer evening where there was summer romance in the air that was very intoxicating for yours truly . Day 6 our last full day in the Windy City . We made our way to the historic Chess Records for the Stones exhibit and I was not prepared for how powerful and very emotional for me this visit was to be . Our group was led to the upstairs historic studio for a presentation on the history of this fabled landmark and I was not prepared for the flood of emotions that came out from me learning all of the history of Willie Dixon that practically ran the Studio and Muddy Waters as Keith likes to say painted the ceiling and the very young Buddy Guy . Lest we forget Chuck Berry recording Johnny B Goode and Willie Dixon making him do it over and over for 14 times before letting him come into the big room and record this classic anthem .Hearing the story of Etta James recording At Last ( I hope I didn't mess up the title ? ) The Rolling Stones laying down the foundation in 1964 for there most biggest hit ever for Satisfaction and Keith playing those 3 notes that propelled The Rolling Stones into mega Stardom . I was truly not prepared for any of these most wonderful emotions that I felt from Day 1 thru to the end and Chicago is a very special and most magical city for myself in a way that no other city has touched me and there is so much more to explore and do that I have to go back . We were very well fed at the landmark Carsons home of the best ribs steaks and the biggest 2 inch pork chops that I ever seen in my life with the best service imaginable and being from NY I am well used to wait service and such and Carsons took it to another level of excellent service not to mention the best steaks, ribs and pork chops . This was truly a fantastic week and I look forward to going back ! I have to give a major THANK YOU to the BIG GUY whom without I am poor and lost and without the Joy that he so gladly shares and for that I ma truly very grateful forever and ever more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Rolling Stones are Back !
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 14:56

They were never away.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 1, 2019 15:55

Nice report, Greek.

Had a similar week.. great time!
Loved the Bill German get together, truly fascinating to hear how he made it into and out of the inner-circle.
For those going to NY/NJ, he will be giving another one.. Saturday afternoon, August 3, at 2pm at New York Public Library- 18 West 53rd St. Free admission.
Not quite the intimate setting of Chicago, but the price is right and well worth the time! cool smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 1, 2019 17:59

Yeah, good story and nice read , Greek.
Thanks.
jeroen

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 1, 2019 18:16

You are so right!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 1, 2019 18:29

What about paragraph grouping? Is it out of fashion?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 1, 2019 18:36

Love it!

The Rolling Stones present us with so many wonderful adventures...
These shows are life gifts.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 1, 2019 18:38

Good stuff Greek. smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 1, 2019 18:51

It's a good read, but this makes it an easier one.

TheGreek
Where to begin , why not Show #1 in Chicago . Wow !!!!!!!!!!

Keith leads the Stones out unto the stage and belts out the opening chords to Street Fighting Man in such a strong way and Mick Bless his soul sings the most beautiful soulful vocals and Ronnie played his best and Charlie even surprised me with some really nice drumming with a twist and I knew the 2019 Rolling Stones were back in such a huge way !

Mick was a little tentative the first half dozen songs and was blowing his noise and drinking from multiple cups which I know one of them had to have been tea and then he remembered that he is Mick Jagger the worlds best frontman and then some !

Keith was very impressive for me and one of my measuring sticks with his playing is how well he plays his solo on Honky Tonk , and I am here to testify that his hands and fingers were getting it done in such a huge TRADITIONAL way where he LEADS the Stones with his fierce fretboard work and the solo on Honky Tonk was righteous ! Ronnie played some fierce guitar with his solo on Midnight Rambler very noteworthy for me with the little snippet of You Gotta Move thrown in the slow middle section and what a sonic treat that was on this cold and damp first day of summer Chicago style , but no worries due to the heat emanating from the stage out into the Windy City Masses here to bask in the triumphant return of the Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World -THE ROLLING STONES !!!!!!!!!!!!! It was pointed out to me that our host BV was just to my right in PIT 1 which is always cool to see !

This was a week in Chicago that I will never forget and how powerful everything was for yours truly . Day 2 I took a little field trip to Chicago Music Exchange and made some new friends and enjoyed myself immensely while immersing myself in all kinds of wonderful 6 string instruments which was a lot of fun and very educational for this consumer of fine vintage stringed instruments smiling smiley

Day 3 Take me out to Wrigley Field and lets enjoy America's favorite pastime with the Cubs hosting the NY Mets . We had some great 12th row field box seats in between homeplate and the first base visitors dugout and it was a spectacular day and my very first visit to America's most oldest and most historic ball park Wrigley Field . A very nice visit , and I have to give a nice compliment to the hometown Cubs fans that were very welcoming to us !

Day 4 the Bill German event at the art gallery . I had read the book when it came out and loved it and here I was listening to the author of "Under There Thumb " Bill German regaling us with all his knowledge from being behind the curtain to OZ ! Which is truly amazing for me because as I said to him in person after the event "that you got to live the most awesome super fans dream ever " of being in the Stones orbit or universe and rub elbows and mix it up with my idols ! No small feat in and of itself ! Oh by the way Bill German is a super nice guy !

Day 5 June 25th @Solider Field in PIT 2 in front of Keith as he leads the charge right into Jumping Jack Flash which was so powerful ,High lights for me were Bitch , Monkey Man which was out of this world good and then one song that I wanted to hear so bad from Blues and Lonesome - Ride em on Down , which to my ears sounded so much better than the Desert Trip performance . Ronnie was on point with his killer solo and Mick's vocals were so much fun that I could only imagine Kristen Stewart writhing away and grinding away so lustfully smoking smiley Sweet Virginia on the B Stage was to die for on acoustic no less ! The smiles between Keith and Mick and Keith and Ronnie were infectious to say the least and there most certainly was magic in the air that Tuesday night at Solider Field which was a very warm summer evening where there was summer romance in the air that was very intoxicating for yours truly .

Day 6 our last full day in the Windy City . We made our way to the historic Chess Records for the Stones exhibit and I was not prepared for how powerful and very emotional for me this visit was to be .

Our group was led to the upstairs historic studio for a presentation on the history of this fabled landmark and I was not prepared for the flood of emotions that came out from me learning all of the history of Willie Dixon that practically ran the Studio and Muddy Waters as Keith likes to say painted the ceiling and the very young Buddy Guy . Lest we forget Chuck Berry recording Johnny B Goode and Willie Dixon making him do it over and over for 14 times before letting him come into the big room and record this classic anthem .Hearing the story of Etta James recording At Last ( I hope I didn't mess up the title ? )

The Rolling Stones laying down the foundation in 1964 for there most biggest hit ever for Satisfaction and Keith playing those 3 notes that propelled The Rolling Stones into mega Stardom . I was truly not prepared for any of these most wonderful emotions that I felt from Day 1 thru to the end and Chicago is a very special and most magical city for myself in a way that no other city has touched me and there is so much more to explore and do that I have to go back . We were very well fed at the landmark Carsons home of the best ribs steaks and the biggest 2 inch pork chops that I ever seen in my life with the best service imaginable and being from NY I am well used to wait service and such and Carsons took it to another level of excellent service not to mention the best steaks, ribs and pork chops .

This was truly a fantastic week and I look forward to going back ! I have to give a major THANK YOU to the BIG GUY whom without I am poor and lost and without the Joy that he so gladly shares and for that I ma truly very grateful forever and ever more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 1, 2019 18:56

I thought you wrote "BLACK" ...

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: July 1, 2019 19:27

Great article Greek , Chicago sure sounds a great holiday destination and what could be better than 2 Stones shows.
AS you rightly say The Rolling Stones are Back !

Date: July 1, 2019 19:47

Stoneage
What about paragraph grouping? Is it out of fashion?
I did it and this is how it comes out and this has happened on multiple occasions .

Date: July 1, 2019 19:48

schillid
I thought you wrote "BLACK" ...

I actually love that and made me smile . I sure miss beautiful Lisa Fisher !!!!!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 1, 2019 19:50

The Stones have been here since 1962 and have stayed here. They never went away. One of the greatest bands, if not The Greatest.
Jeroen

Date: July 1, 2019 19:50

Green Lady
It's a good read, but this makes it an easier one.

TheGreek
Where to begin , why not Show #1 in Chicago . Wow !!!!!!!!!!

Keith leads the Stones out unto the stage and belts out the opening chords to Street Fighting Man in such a strong way and Mick Bless his soul sings the most beautiful soulful vocals and Ronnie played his best and Charlie even surprised me with some really nice drumming with a twist and I knew the 2019 Rolling Stones were back in such a huge way !

Mick was a little tentative the first half dozen songs and was blowing his noise and drinking from multiple cups which I know one of them had to have been tea and then he remembered that he is Mick Jagger the worlds best frontman and then some !

Keith was very impressive for me and one of my measuring sticks with his playing is how well he plays his solo on Honky Tonk , and I am here to testify that his hands and fingers were getting it done in such a huge TRADITIONAL way where he LEADS the Stones with his fierce fretboard work and the solo on Honky Tonk was righteous ! Ronnie played some fierce guitar with his solo on Midnight Rambler very noteworthy for me with the little snippet of You Gotta Move thrown in the slow middle section and what a sonic treat that was on this cold and damp first day of summer Chicago style , but no worries due to the heat emanating from the stage out into the Windy City Masses here to bask in the triumphant return of the Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World -THE ROLLING STONES !!!!!!!!!!!!! It was pointed out to me that our host BV was just to my right in PIT 1 which is always cool to see !

This was a week in Chicago that I will never forget and how powerful everything was for yours truly . Day 2 I took a little field trip to Chicago Music Exchange and made some new friends and enjoyed myself immensely while immersing myself in all kinds of wonderful 6 string instruments which was a lot of fun and very educational for this consumer of fine vintage stringed instruments smiling smiley

Day 3 Take me out to Wrigley Field and lets enjoy America's favorite pastime with the Cubs hosting the NY Mets . We had some great 12th row field box seats in between homeplate and the first base visitors dugout and it was a spectacular day and my very first visit to America's most oldest and most historic ball park Wrigley Field . A very nice visit , and I have to give a nice compliment to the hometown Cubs fans that were very welcoming to us !

Day 4 the Bill German event at the art gallery . I had read the book when it came out and loved it and here I was listening to the author of "Under There Thumb " Bill German regaling us with all his knowledge from being behind the curtain to OZ ! Which is truly amazing for me because as I said to him in person after the event "that you got to live the most awesome super fans dream ever " of being in the Stones orbit or universe and rub elbows and mix it up with my idols ! No small feat in and of itself ! Oh by the way Bill German is a super nice guy !

Day 5 June 25th @Solider Field in PIT 2 in front of Keith as he leads the charge right into Jumping Jack Flash which was so powerful ,High lights for me were Bitch , Monkey Man which was out of this world good and then one song that I wanted to hear so bad from Blues and Lonesome - Ride em on Down , which to my ears sounded so much better than the Desert Trip performance . Ronnie was on point with his killer solo and Mick's vocals were so much fun that I could only imagine Kristen Stewart writhing away and grinding away so lustfully smoking smiley Sweet Virginia on the B Stage was to die for on acoustic no less ! The smiles between Keith and Mick and Keith and Ronnie were infectious to say the least and there most certainly was magic in the air that Tuesday night at Solider Field which was a very warm summer evening where there was summer romance in the air that was very intoxicating for yours truly .

Day 6 our last full day in the Windy City . We made our way to the historic Chess Records for the Stones exhibit and I was not prepared for how powerful and very emotional for me this visit was to be .

Our group was led to the upstairs historic studio for a presentation on the history of this fabled landmark and I was not prepared for the flood of emotions that came out from me learning all of the history of Willie Dixon that practically ran the Studio and Muddy Waters as Keith likes to say painted the ceiling and the very young Buddy Guy . Lest we forget Chuck Berry recording Johnny B Goode and Willie Dixon making him do it over and over for 14 times before letting him come into the big room and record this classic anthem .Hearing the story of Etta James recording At Last ( I hope I didn't mess up the title ? )

The Rolling Stones laying down the foundation in 1964 for there most biggest hit ever for Satisfaction and Keith playing those 3 notes that propelled The Rolling Stones into mega Stardom . I was truly not prepared for any of these most wonderful emotions that I felt from Day 1 thru to the end and Chicago is a very special and most magical city for myself in a way that no other city has touched me and there is so much more to explore and do that I have to go back . We were very well fed at the landmark Carsons home of the best ribs steaks and the biggest 2 inch pork chops that I ever seen in my life with the best service imaginable and being from NY I am well used to wait service and such and Carsons took it to another level of excellent service not to mention the best steaks, ribs and pork chops .

This was truly a fantastic week and I look forward to going back ! I have to give a major THANK YOU to the BIG GUY whom without I am poor and lost and without the Joy that he so gladly shares and for that I ma truly very grateful forever and ever more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank You Kindly for your help . I have tried multiple times on this site to write paragraphs and they all come out together . It certainly reads better with your most kind help . Mucho Gracias !

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 1, 2019 19:52

Always nice to hear another fans happy experiences. Cheers to The Greek!

smiling smileyRe: The Rolling Stones are Back !
Date: July 2, 2019 13:08

For those that misinterpreted my title it means back in the United States of America for the 2019 Tour

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 2, 2019 13:20

….In my tiny world they never went away …..

ROCKMAN

Re: smiling smileyRe: The Rolling Stones are Back !
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:01

TheGreek
For those that misinterpreted my title it means back in the United States of America for the 2019 Tour

That's the way I read it. thumbs up

And it's really amazing to experience it all again!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 2, 2019 18:12

smileys with beer

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 3, 2019 03:54

TheGreek
Where to begin , why not Show #1 in Chicago . Wow !!!!!!!!!! Keith leads the Stones out unto the stage and belts out the opening chords to Street Fighting Man in such a strong way and Mick Bless his soul sings the most beautiful soulful vocals and Ronnie played his best and Charlie even surprised me with some really nice drumming with a twist and I knew the 2019 Rolling Stones were back in such a huge way ! Mick was a little tentative the first half dozen songs and was blowing his noise and drinking from multiple cups which I know one of them had to have been tea and then he remembered that he is Mick Jagger the worlds best frontman and then some ! Keith was very impressive for me and one of my measuring sticks with his playing is how well he plays his solo on Honky Tonk , and I am here to testify that his hands and fingers were getting it done in such a huge TRADITIONAL way where he LEADS the Stones with his fierce fretboard work and the solo on Honky Tonk was righteous ! Ronnie played some fierce guitar with his solo on Midnight Rambler very noteworthy for me with the little snippet of You Gotta Move thrown in the slow middle section and what a sonic treat that was on this cold and damp first day of summer Chicago style , but no worries due to the heat emanating from the stage out into the Windy City Masses here to bask in the triumphant return of the Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World -THE ROLLING STONES !!!!!!!!!!!!! It was pointed out to me that our host BV was just to my right in PIT 1 which is always cool to see ! This was a week in Chicago that I will never forget and how powerful everything was for yours truly . Day 2 I took a little field trip to Chicago Music Exchange and made some new friends and enjoyed myself immensely while immersing myself in all kinds of wonderful 6 string instruments which was a lot of fun and very educational for this consumer of fine vintage stringed instruments smiling smiley Day 3 Take me out to Wrigley Field and lets enjoy America's favorite pastime with the Cubs hosting the NY Mets . We had some great 12th row field box seats in between homeplate and the first base visitors dugout and it was a spectacular day and my very first visit to America's most oldest and most historic ball park Wrigley Field . A very nice visit , and I have to give a nice compliment to the hometown Cubs fans that were very welcoming to us ! Day 4 the Bill German event at the art gallery . I had read the book when it came out and loved it and here I was listening to the author of "Under There Thumb " Bill German regaling us with all his knowledge from being behind the curtain to OZ ! Which is truly amazing for me because as I said to him in person after the event "that you got to live the most awesome super fans dream ever " of being in the Stones orbit or universe and rub elbows and mix it up with my idols ! No small feat in and of itself ! Oh by the way Bill German is a super nice guy ! Day 5 June 25th @Solider Field in PIT 2 in front of Keith as he leads the charge right into Jumping Jack Flash which was so powerful ,High lights for me were Bitch , Monkey Man which was out of this world good and then one song that I wanted to hear so bad from Blues and Lonesome - Ride em on Down , which to my ears sounded so much better than the Desert Trip performance . Ronnie was on point with his killer solo and Mick's vocals were so much fun that I could only imagine Kristen Stewart writhing away and grinding away so lustfully smoking smiley Sweet Virginia on the B Stage was to die for on acoustic no less ! The smiles between Keith and Mick and Keith and Ronnie were infectious to say the least and there most certainly was magic in the air that Tuesday night at Solider Field which was a very warm summer evening where there was summer romance in the air that was very intoxicating for yours truly . Day 6 our last full day in the Windy City . We made our way to the historic Chess Records for the Stones exhibit and I was not prepared for how powerful and very emotional for me this visit was to be . Our group was led to the upstairs historic studio for a presentation on the history of this fabled landmark and I was not prepared for the flood of emotions that came out from me learning all of the history of Willie Dixon that practically ran the Studio and Muddy Waters as Keith likes to say painted the ceiling and the very young Buddy Guy . Lest we forget Chuck Berry recording Johnny B Goode and Willie Dixon making him do it over and over for 14 times before letting him come into the big room and record this classic anthem .Hearing the story of Etta James recording At Last ( I hope I didn't mess up the title ? ) The Rolling Stones laying down the foundation in 1964 for there most biggest hit ever for Satisfaction and Keith playing those 3 notes that propelled The Rolling Stones into mega Stardom . I was truly not prepared for any of these most wonderful emotions that I felt from Day 1 thru to the end and Chicago is a very special and most magical city for myself in a way that no other city has touched me and there is so much more to explore and do that I have to go back . We were very well fed at the landmark Carsons home of the best ribs steaks and the biggest 2 inch pork chops that I ever seen in my life with the best service imaginable and being from NY I am well used to wait service and such and Carsons took it to another level of excellent service not to mention the best steaks, ribs and pork chops . This was truly a fantastic week and I look forward to going back ! I have to give a major THANK YOU to the BIG GUY whom without I am poor and lost and without the Joy that he so gladly shares and for that I ma truly very grateful forever and ever more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Man!!!

Great text to read; Thank You!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home