Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Do the Stones hate Atlanta? an open letter
Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: October 13, 2005 03:41

To The Stones (and whoever actually reads this),
Ok I am back on my tirade. I love the Stones and I feel like they short change the A-T-L in concerts. Maybe their is a good reason but I don't know. Only one show in Licks, Only One show in B2B and they didn't even slow down while coming through Atlanta in No Security. So far only one show in Atlanta. I am not asking the stones for a miracle but I think we deserve a long set with tons and tons or rarities. Warhorses are great but you sold-out PHilips in a short time. Only the most diehard fan will pay that much to see "Ya'll" play. We have been loyal fans here and We are hoping for some gains on lost time. Above all Atlanta and The entire state Loves the Stones we just want a little more of you guys. I am not bashing you nor being offensive. I love you guys but I just want more! GO Dawgs!!!

Re: Do the Stones hate Atlanta? an open letter
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 13, 2005 03:44

Hey, I hope it's a killer set.

And you get Wilco, great band.

If you like Dylan you'll like Wilco.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: October 13, 2005 03:48

It is not sold out.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: October 13, 2005 05:15

ATL got two shows on the Voodoo Lounge tour (I saw the 2nd one). Be happy you get any shows in your town. I always have to drive 2hrs minimum to see them.

Posted by: LittleHelper ()
Date: October 13, 2005 05:18

I drove 13 hours to Milwaukee(ABcool smiley to see them from ND..and only 3 hours to Fargo.for no security ..and i think 7 hrs to the show in winnipeg in 97..
it was all worth it.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: October 13, 2005 12:32

Chuck's homecoming will be the show of the tour. You can bet on it!

The Stones and Chuck are very well aware of the wild ass Shidoobee pre-party scheduled for Jock & Jills and know how many people are coming a long way for the show.

Expect an MSG type show!

Philly was a rehearsal for Atlanta and they saved a searing version of All Down The Line for us. Look for Bitch/ADTL back to back, MR, PIB, a rariety, new ABB cut, and change in KR set, probably YGTS.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 13, 2005 12:39

nankerphlege Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only One show in B2B and
> they didn't even slow down while coming through
> Atlanta in No Security!!!

the No Security tour was primarily aimed at cities that WERENT played on the BTB tour

New York, LA and several other cities didnt get NS shows either...

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: October 13, 2005 13:12

One show? Big flipping deal!! Detroit only gets one. Cleveland got NONE. Charlotte gets only one. Many cities don't even get a single show so count your lucky stars.

Date: October 13, 2005 14:36

well, one of Mick's kids was conceived in Atlanta when he was there filming Freejack and he subsequently named her after the state where it occurred, so I think that would indicate some fondness for the place!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-13 14:59 by Gazza.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 13, 2005 14:44

A Saturday night show in a nice arena; and tickets still available. Exactly what is the problem?

Date: October 13, 2005 15:01

>So far only one show in Atlanta

drbryant Wrote:
> and tickets still available.

I think theres a link to these two sentences!

Posted by: vance ()
Date: October 13, 2005 15:32

The reason they did not play Atlanta on No Security is that we did not have an arena at the time. The Omni had been torn down and Phillips arena was not built yet...

Date: October 13, 2005 15:38

The tickets are sold as far as the Stones are concerned. What's available as last minute drops are seats given back by corporations and season ticket holders. No indication of lack of demand. Last minute shoppers should be happy a few seats are now available. Go for them!

Date: October 13, 2005 15:49

Ok, I understand that many cities have been left out but Atlanta is one of the largest if not the largest cities in the south (Metro and City). Atlanta did have several venues available in 99 The fox (Theatre), Gwinnett Arena, etc. The Rainfall down video is a good start. Perhaps I am just moaning but it's not because of some negative view of the stones or a desire for it to be 1972 again, but that I want more Stones.

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: October 13, 2005 16:07

Hey nankerphlege, quit yer bitchn'. It could be worse. You could live in Indy!! The last time the boys played here was the Voodoo tour. We are the 12th largest city in the USA, we have a domed stadium and a 5 year old state of the art arena. The Stones played 2 nights here during Steel Wheels. I guess that since the Voodoo show did not sell out (approx. 35,000 seats sold) Mick checked us off the list. I end up going to Columbus, Detroit, and Chicago.

Date: October 13, 2005 16:41

Atlanta also has a large international airport. I agreed the Stones have showed little respect in recent years. It simply proves that Chuck does not have the influence many think he has. Chuck would dearly love to play the Fox again. I think many of these decisions are made by Cohl.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: October 13, 2005 16:56

Great point Steven. Kinda blows away all the people who say Chuck runs the show, picks the songs and all.

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: October 13, 2005 18:16

Like it or not tickets sold slow in the past for Atl and when they did the 2 shows they really struggled bad. I got mine though...every ATL time. Don't get bitchin about drivin 3 hours...I have to fly from England every time and drink awful American beer!!!

Posted by: redrum ()
Date: October 13, 2005 18:19

Remember: Atlanta got the famous "Fox Theater" gig in 1981!

Posted by: fuzzbingz ()
Date: October 13, 2005 19:26

I think they don't like atlanta b/c they felt the Dukes of Hazzard movie was awful. I have to agree with them. The dukes of hazzard is an embarrassment to Georgia as a whole as well as atlanta.

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: October 13, 2005 19:37

Be happy you're getting a show at all. So what if Atlanta has a major airport or whatnot; Minneapolis is a major city with a major airline hub, but it was passed by on the Licks Tour after a near-sell out of the Metrodome (around 60,000 seats) in 1997. Cleveland is getting passed by this go around.

I wouldnt take great offense to them presenting only one show. Atlanta is not one of America's great cities; in fact it is rather devoid on culture and rather fuggly!

"You look like a leper dressed as Sergeant Pepper"

Date: October 13, 2005 19:43

Atlanta is ok. It may not have the cultural impact as say Nashville but it is the economic and population center of the south. Tickets sold well this time and like the previous posts state that most of the tickets that are left are singles and last minute releases. I hate it that other cities are being left out but I do want this show to be awesome. (which I am sure it will be) I guess I am just asking for a killer set list with lots of the "deep tracks" and a diverse set list to help make up for lost time. I just want a legendary show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-13 19:45 by nankerphlege.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 13, 2005 19:52

I saw both shows in Atlanta at the Voodoo tour, and I flew from Norway!!!!

Date: October 13, 2005 20:26

If you are drinking American beer instead of a fine southern sippin' whiskey like Jack Daniels you deserve your fate!!! Even Keef knows that!

Posted by: redrum ()
Date: October 13, 2005 20:54

In my personal opinion: Atlanta is a great city, with a rich history and promising future.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 13, 2005 21:00

Title to this post is ridiculous. The Stones have played The Fox, Omni, Turner, The Dome, and now Phillips. Always a good show, maybe because it's near Leavell's home. Go and enjoy.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: October 13, 2005 21:12

redrum Wrote:
> >
> Remember: Atlanta got the famous "Fox Theater" gig
> in 1981!

Oh yes... great show but a city the size of Atlanta got a 4000 seat show. Must have been a real bitch getting tickets that year.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 13, 2005 22:17

Tickets to the 1978 and 1981 Fox shows were damn near impossible to get.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: October 13, 2005 22:47

You're complaining because they're only playing one show?Good Lord,the Stones haven't played Vancouver since '97 despite having sold out every previous show and it would appear they're skipping us again this time unless something is set up for the new year.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: October 13, 2005 22:57

Friggin' Elton John lives in Atlanta. Reason enough to avoid the place.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home