Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Chicago song vote #2
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 25, 2019 11:13

keithsman
I would expect that all those 4 songs will be played at some point during the tour as they have rehearsed them, the vote thing is a bit suspect, personally i would like Monkey Man and Heartbraker played every night of the 17 in place of Miss You.

Except for Shuffle all these songs were in the song vote(s) in 2018, but only Heartbreaker has been performed

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2019 11:19

Monkey .... yapyapyapyap

ROCKMAN

Date: June 25, 2019 11:21

Just my imagination.

The way they nowadays play is optimal for this song, its pace.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 25, 2019 11:37

slewan
keithsman
I would expect that all those 4 songs will be played at some point during the tour as they have rehearsed them, the vote thing is a bit suspect, personally i would like Monkey Man and Heartbreaker played every night of the 17 in place of Miss You.

Except for Shuffle all these songs were in the song vote(s) in 2018, but only Heartbreaker has been performed

Oh well that shows what a load of BS i come out with winking smiley What a missed opportunity though.

Still i stick to preferring Heartbreaker and Monkey Man instead of Miss You.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-25 11:38 by keithsman.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 25, 2019 13:10

We know it will be "Harlem Shuffle", still I voted for HB !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 25, 2019 13:42

Does anybodythink these song votes are genuine ?..,and that we actually get the song most voted for ?

[... Not that it really matters ... it's a bit of fun for the casual fan and means that a few interesting songs will be rotated to get an airing over the course of the tour.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-25 13:44 by Spud.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 25, 2019 13:52

Spud
Does anybodythink these song votes are genuine ?..,and that we actually get the song most voted for ?

[... Not that it really matters ... it's a bit of fun for the casual fan and means that a few interesting songs will be rotated to get an airing over the course of the tour.]

No. They are not genuine. Its a game the Stones play. They put up the song they wanna play ad Vote Song. It does not matter... Even on stage, sometimes the spontaneous moments are staged i noticed. That pissed me off for a bit.
ANYWAY..the Stones are still the greatest.
Jeroen

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 25, 2019 14:51

rbk
"Win" my ass."You Got Me Rockin'" "won" on Friday with "'Whip"' and "Respectable" among the other choices. Hard core fans hate that song and casual fans aren't familiar with it but Keith loves to play it. It sounded great, BTW.

I'll bet on "Harlem Shuffle" because they seem focused on their later eras on this tour.

That is a good point about "later eras" and it would make sense with "Honk" out.

Date: June 25, 2019 14:54

slewan
keithsman
I would expect that all those 4 songs will be played at some point during the tour as they have rehearsed them, the vote thing is a bit suspect, personally i would like Monkey Man and Heartbraker played every night of the 17 in place of Miss You.

But,not in Chicago .......

"Monkey Man" has been performed already in Chicago 3 times.

"Imagination" one time in Chicago in the post-Wyman era.

"Heartbreaker" has never been performed by the Stones in Chicago as far as I know.

And we all know about "Harlem Shuffle" which could continue the return of 'Steel Wheels / Urban Jungle Tour' live songs since Clifford rejoined.

Date: June 25, 2019 15:42

runrudolph
Spud

No. They are not genuine. Its a game the Stones play. They put up the song they wanna play ad Vote Song. It does not matter... Even on stage, sometimes the spontaneous moments are staged i noticed. That pissed me off for a bit.
ANYWAY..the Stones are still the greatest.
Jeroen

I know what you mean , it's obvious it's staged when Mick acts surprised a certain song has been voted for, then goes toward Chuck as if it hasn't been rehearsed and then Mick starts the song looking awkward like he doesn't know it.
Then you start to say how much of what Mick does is rehearsed and staged, and then i began to notice every single motion and movement he does is planned down to where to wave and where to be standing a every point within a song within a show.
There is nothing spontaneous to what Mick does as a performer, but that's the whole point, it works and he feels safe within that control, it's how he performs, organized control and it's been that way since 89' it's basically the same circus and don't we love it.
What i like is Ronnie and Keith perform a spontaneous show within the show, watching them interlock guitars the other night makes it all worth while for me, they never play the same song twice, Gimme Shelter was spellbinding.

Date: June 25, 2019 15:45

I go for the 'Harlem Shuffle', one of the great underrated Stones singles.
"Monkey Man" has become like "Gimme Shelter" too much of a gimmick piece.
"Imagination" will never reach the '78 or '81 exuberance.
Same with the 'Heartbreaker"; it rocked in '73. Nowadays it never takes off. The chorus just never quite makes it. It's like the great horn chart weighs it down.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 25, 2019 16:12

As for studio recordings order of preference:

Monkey Man
Heartbreaker
Just My Imagination
Harlem Shuffle

As for live doesn't really matter which one wins - have seen them all and not a bad pick of the bunch.

More curious about the B-stage...hoping for Play With Fire, but would be fine with Angie and Dead Flowers like the first night.
And wondering if there will be any minor changes to the setlist. Hoping to hear Happy. Also hoping they don't drop the setlist down to 19.

Have Mercy, the Stones are back in the US! thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 25, 2019 16:27

Spud

Definitely in the minority on this, but I’m of the opinion that the vote is legit.
Sure they know what has been chosen prior to the tongue-in-cheek onstage winner announcement.. as the vote closes hours before. The evidence supporting the rigged theory isn’t very compelling imo, while in prior tours you could count the votes yourself with the online counters at the various social media sites.

Either way, at least the choices for this one are excellent, hope that trend continues cool smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 16:36

MisterDDDD For Night one in Chicago, no way You Got Me Rockin' won. I honestly think they played the song that finished last. As the Rolling Stone magazine review of the first show pointed out, "Mick could barely keep a straight face when he announced the "winner". From where I was sitting it looked like Out of Control was first on screen as the winner but they changed it to YGMR.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 25, 2019 16:53

keithsman
..There is nothing spontaneous to what Mick does as a performer, but that's the whole point, it works and he feels safe within that control, it's how he performs, organized control and it's been that way since 89' it's basically the same circus and don't we love it.
What i like is Ronnie and Keith perform a spontaneous show within the show, watching them interlock guitars the other night makes it all worth while for me, they never play the same song twice, Gimme Shelter was spellbinding.

Which is exactly why everything else has to be such a well oiled machine...

So that the two naughty boys in the band can't extemporise to the point of buggering up the whole shooting match ! grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 25, 2019 17:08

TumblinDice76
MisterDDDD For Night one in Chicago, no way You Got Me Rockin' won. I honestly think they played the song that finished last. As the Rolling Stone magazine review of the first show pointed out, "Mick could barely keep a straight face when he announced the "winner". From where I was sitting it looked like Out of Control was first on screen as the winner but they changed it to YGMR.

May very well be correct, but YGMR has the kind of title casual fans may vote for while not really knowing it but great title they think they know. Not to be redundant, but the act of being surprised by the “winner” is just that and totally tongue-in-cheek. They used to show the winner the day before when the vote closed , and still would do the schtick.. Them knowing the song before hand is not in question.

Date: June 25, 2019 17:10

Spud
keithsman
..There is nothing spontaneous to what Mick does as a performer, but that's the whole point, it works and he feels safe within that control, it's how he performs, organized control and it's been that way since 89' it's basically the same circus and don't we love it.

Which is exactly why everything else has to be such a well oiled machine...

So that the two naughty boys in the band can't extemporise to the point of buggering up the whole shooting match ! grinning smiley

Oh yeah i hear ya grinning smiley Someone has to know what Keith and Ronnie are doing haha

It's fascinating over the years that Keith covers Ronnie or Ronnie covers Keith, has anyone witnessed nights where they both need covering and the whole thing comes to a collapse ?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 25, 2019 18:14

keithsman
Then you start to say how much of what Mick does is rehearsed and staged, and then i began to notice every single motion and movement he does is planned down to where to wave and where to be standing a every point within a song within a show.
There is nothing spontaneous to what Mick does as a performer

I think at his age every move, every step on stage has to be staged and rehearsed. He is fit but his body is 76...it´s fragile and has to be treated very carefully... One move out of the ordinary routine could be dangerous - "snap" - and he might end up in hospital.

Date: June 25, 2019 22:07

HMS
keithsman
There is nothing spontaneous to what Mick does as a performer

I think at his age every move, every step on stage has to be staged and rehearsed. He is fit but his body is 76...it´s fragile and has to be treated very carefully... One move out of the ordinary routine could be dangerous - "snap" - and he might end up in hospital.

Yes i see what you mean but this has been going on since 89' he's been doing this a very long time.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 22:32

Harlem Shuffle live versions in 1989 were really great.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:20

How come they never show the actual vote numbers or the Electoral College?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 00:23 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:33

As far as I know they have rehearsed Harlem Shuffle and Heartbreaker. Anything else would be a surprise. Basically it's easier for them to rehearse 4 extra songs than 16.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:36

……… cause they're usin' the good ole pen and paper

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:49

Rockman

……… cause they're usin' the good ole pen and paper

In the upper right of pic there is obviously a magnetic device disrupting the vote outcome. Definitely rigged!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1307
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home