Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

merchandising in the u.s.
Posted by: t-perkins ()
Date: October 11, 2005 18:26

hi,

can you pay for the merchandising at the u.s. concerts with credit card or do you have to pay in cash?

how much do the t-shirts cost?

thanks!

Re: merchandising in the u.s.
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 11, 2005 18:33

Cheapest t-shirt is $35 US dollars, and some are $45. The people selling outside the venue seem to be asking about $20, (different shirts of course) although after the show they are willing to negotiate a little bit.

The Stones seem to be selling a lot of shirts that are customized for the current show's location. At Pittsburgh I saw Stones/PNC Park shirts and even some Pearl Jam/Pittsburgh shirts. At Durham it was all Duke/Stones, in royal blue (Duke's color) and had the Voodoo Lounge devil resurrected (Duke Blue Devils).

I think you can use a credit card, given the prices.

Karl

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 11, 2005 20:44

u can use a credit card. I didn't like any of the shirts for the tour this year. Except for the RedSox tongue shirt.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 12, 2005 00:14

You can use your credit card, but it takes some time, much more than paying cash.
I got some great t-shirts, especially in New York and East Rutherford, NJ.
They had some special t's for these events that are really great. The NJ tee has a red Rolling Stones in the front, where the 'L's are revolvers, and in the back it gets a red "a bigger badder bang". Great!

Date: October 12, 2005 01:58

I got this in my email today from the official Rolling Stones site...

Don't forget that being a member also gets you a 5% discount on everything but music and video in the store, when you shop in the Fan Club Store (after logging in at the site). That means these shirts, which would normally cost $35, are only $33.25 for members! So you could buy one of these and then add in all sorts of A Bigger Bang tour items and Stones Rockware Collectibles and save money all around.

5% discount?????? Did they forget that becoming a member costs a lot of $???

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 12, 2005 02:07

"when you shop in the Fan Club Store (after logging in at the site). That means these shirts, which would normally cost $35, are only $33.25 for members!"

WOW! After my $100 membership fee I'd have to buy 37 t-shirts to break even THEN I could start enjoying my discount.

Seriously though, you CAN use a credit card at the US shows NOT but neccessarily at all the displays. There are usually several large displays with more merch' in the main areas and smaller displays in the outer reaches that may not take credit cards. My suggestion is shop early. They don't run out of stuff but the lines get long because everybody pays w/ plastic.

That is IF you can find a trinket you want. The wearables are horrendously ugly and the quality has fallen off dramatically. For example the ball cap is a piece of sh-t especially when compared to the classy, quality ones they had for Licks.

They are working with a new provider (Anthill Trading) and the quality of the designs, craftsmenship and materials has taken a major hit.

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: October 12, 2005 03:52

How have the beer prices been?

I imagine that's a big part of the gross from which the stones take their cut....

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 12, 2005 04:15

Nice Program ,,the pics r incredible,,, especially the 69 rehearsal 1 in Steven Stills basement ,,,

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 12, 2005 23:40

"Nice Program ,,the pics r incredible,,, especially the 69 rehearsal 1 in Steven Stills basement ,,,

"

Yes it is. It's not a retread like the Voodoo thru Licks.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: October 13, 2005 14:02

I can see me in the Munich 2003 pic !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2264
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home