Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Stones song that has a sentimental value in your life?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 10, 2019 02:37

JJF, Midnight Rambler, SFTD and SFM from GYYYO! because of the intensity of those songs for getting stoked up for hockey games.

You know, violence and all that. But that's not exactly sentimental, is it.

On a personal note... I'm not sure.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 10, 2019 02:45

None, actually. The Stones doesn't stir up those kind of emotions for me.

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 10, 2019 07:33

Stupid Girl. They were two, actually. Sisters. Bless their hearts...I could never tell which one was more stupid.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: May 10, 2019 07:37

Ooh, tell me those lies
Let me think they’re true, yeah

I still remember listening to All About You as a 13 y/o, headphones on and mouthing along to the words as if I were singing them myself. The depth of emotion in that song was far beyond the grasp of my tender years but you wouldn’t have known it had you gotten a peak at my face…I’m not sure why I liked that song so much – it’s not really the type of song that should appeal to a 13 y/o. I loved Emotional Rescue, She’s So Cold etc. too (ER was my first Stones record) but All About You is the one I sang the most during my bedroom concerts.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 10, 2019 08:20

Cosmic Christmas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 23:25 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: May 10, 2019 08:34

Angie.(with time waits for no one for same reasons)
Car driving in Woods, in hoods where i felt HOME.

Date: May 11, 2019 14:43

Tie You Up - The Pain of Love

This isn't even one of my Stones favorites, but whenever I am in a bad mood or feeling sorry for myself, I play this song LOUD about 4 - 5 times in a row, and by the end of it, I'm feeling good again and I cant explain why, This is my "go to" song when I'm having a bad day. Also, when my friend was having health issues I told her to try this and it worked for her too. Crazy but try it next time you are feeling mad, sad, blue, or disgusted with life. It works!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 11, 2019 15:58

BitchKeepsBitchin
Tie You Up - The Pain of Love

This isn't even one of my Stones favorites, but whenever I am in a bad mood or feeling sorry for myself, I play this song LOUD about 4 - 5 times in a row, and by the end of it, I'm feeling good again and I cant explain why, This is my "go to" song when I'm having a bad day. Also, when my friend was having health issues I told her to try this and it worked for her too. Crazy but try it next time you are feeling mad, sad, blue, or disgusted with life. It works!

thumbs up
Can see this working... going to give it a try cool smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 11, 2019 16:27

I have many memories connected to Stones songs, but one that stands out is Moonlight Mile. I listened to the song over and over on a long, late night drive through the Allegheny Mountains. The brightness of the moon, the distant lights of towns below, the lonely stretch of road. It all matched the song perfectly and gave me a feeling of calm and peace that comes back whenever I hear it again.

Of course, it helped that my daughter in the seat next to me was finally asleep. smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2019 16:59

Sentimentality and The Rolling Stones? No match there. Of course, certain songs and albums have a significiant role in certain events and moments in my life (too private to go in details there), but the emotion of sentimentality just doesn't fit there. Their music just doesn't express sentimentality and doesn't click me there.

I guess the closest is "Winter". That's the song I especially listen during a long dark, cold wintertime (it takes to live in a Northern country to know that), and it fits perfectly to a certain sad, reflective mood I have (works for sorrow too). Especially Taylor's guitar lines go deep in that feeling. Usually the Stones stuff works by cheering one up, but that song keeps one there, in the heavy waters of that feeling. I guess Mick Taylor and Brian Jones were the only Stones members having a say in that kind of department - being able to express those kind of more sensitive emotions. Mick is totally anti-sentimental by nature, Keith tries hard sometimes, but it is way too cheap and obvious to be convincing (his crooners are like listening to a monology of your drunken uncle at the bar), and Ronnie is Ronnie.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 17:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: May 11, 2019 17:01

I think back to the time I bought "Satanic Majesty's Request" not knowing what to expect. I am from a humble working class family and to spend $ 5.00 US dollars on something was a big deal for me at 14 years old. I was a cold winter day and I listened to it our little front room. I remember enjoying some of it and being repulsed by some of it. A sense of guilt or buyers remorse came over me. Looking back now it was a life lesson that shaped my life in a way.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 11, 2019 17:54

MisterO
I think back to the time I bought "Satanic Majesty's Request" not knowing what to expect. I am from a humble working class family and to spend $ 5.00 US dollars on something was a big deal for me at 14 years old. I was a cold winter day and I listened to it our little front room. I remember enjoying some of it and being repulsed by some of it. A sense of guilt or buyers remorse came over me. Looking back now it was a life lesson that shaped my life in a way.

That's a real interesting post that I totally relate to. Same deal for me. Record purchases at that age were few and far between.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: May 11, 2019 18:14

Wild Horses

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 11, 2019 20:33

Aint No Use In Crying makes me remember a particular person and feelings from the past.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 11, 2019 21:45

Going Home often floats into the mind esp when
ya know that's the way ya heading … trains … airports ...crankin' the car

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 11, 2019 23:34

stupid girl person; really took it to heart.
it's got that kinda draggy liverpool beat; sorta liverpool thump;
a bit of london in the crunch; a crunch and thump factory that manufactures roll; it had to happen; it just did, people.
yeah stupid girl; that's a heartbreaker, eh?
tons of emo; not quite semi-mental, i checked the manual.
but, you know, it's got verve; it's a sort of blunt message which is good,
a Lot of kids were listening and ou got to get it real simple and slow...
for you tell them what you're not talking about, like the clothes she wears
and those dippshit hair-dos that look like you got half a crew cut, and are
saving up for the other half; but somehow you had enough cashola left other
to dye it pink and blue. and you're fifty. it's like; this is why meet and greets are so expensive...Keith nearly blows a gasket every time; the plan was to stuff a lot of stuff in his face; then stitch is all up so he has a permanent smile and and will nod graciously; he's totally got the nod always handy.... but the boy's thinking the whole time. them beady eyes are on ya mate...pierre's been trained with that special 'look' i mean if your girlfriend is a Knight, whoa....he'll take the money honey honey honey honey but then you're walking the plank; he's got a guitar made out of a turtle, people.
that turtle is friggin' homeless now; unless it's a new kind of sea sheperd's pie thing....hold on, brb

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 11, 2019 23:44

Jumpin' Jack Flash. God is that an amazing song. That riff opened the world of the Stones for me.i had always know the Stones existed and new some of their songs and liked them. I cannot remember the first song I heard by them. However. The first song I ever heard on a vinyl record was JJF off of my Father's copy of Hot Rocks. I got a record player for Christmas because I always wanted to listen to vinyl. My Dad gave me his record collection had Hot Rocks and Got Live If You Want It in it. JJF was the greatest thing to happen to me. To think my collection started with 2 records and grew to 26 record in 8 months.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 12, 2019 00:24

Two songs I can think of that used to hit a raw nerve with me are Who's Been Sleeping Here and If You Really Wanna Be Me Friend.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 12, 2019 00:26

With indecision about everything - Sittin on a Fence -rings true

Date: May 12, 2019 02:48

Heck hoppy …. I've always pictured you as a short guy with a pink mohawk ….

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-12 02:49 by Rockman.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 12, 2019 02:58

Speaking of Keith How I wish and Lock me Away recently heard on underground Garage are awesome songs he plays with the "turtle shell" but his lyrics , the more you listen from his solo career, seem more interesting.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 12, 2019 04:13

A lot of Stones songs give me a happy emotion. The only song that literally brought tears to me was Keith’s JUST A GIFT and it really is his love song to Mick

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 12, 2019 07:20

Rockman
Heck hoppy …. I've always pictured you as a short guy with a pink mohawk ….

yes, but not at first; i had to have a few inches cut off my fibulas for the short; and had them stitch them to the top of my head; thus, the pink mowhawk.
it's a studied look, i admit it. but a tall lithe willowy boy with sensitive features always dreamed of being a fat punk midget into the germs; and making a statement about equality of the unemployed by also getting a tatoo on my face of darby crash mid-vomit. @#$%& what people think, man; i've got to be free....

Date: May 12, 2019 07:22

I'm free .… and I love it that way ………..

ROCKMAN

Date: May 12, 2019 17:43

Doxa
Sentimentality and The Rolling Stones? No match there. Of course, certain songs and albums have a significiant role in certain events and moments in my life (too private to go in details there), but the emotion of sentimentality just doesn't fit there. Their music just doesn't express sentimentality and doesn't click me there.

I guess the closest is "Winter". That's the song I especially listen during a long dark, cold wintertime (it takes to live in a Northern country to know that), and it fits perfectly to a certain sad, reflective mood I have (works for sorrow too). Especially Taylor's guitar lines go deep in that feeling. Usually the Stones stuff works by cheering one up, but that song keeps one there, in the heavy waters of that feeling. I guess Mick Taylor and Brian Jones were the only Stones members having a say in that kind of department - being able to express those kind of more sensitive emotions. Mick is totally anti-sentimental by nature, Keith tries hard sometimes, but it is way too cheap and obvious to be convincing (his crooners are like listening to a monology of your drunken uncle at the bar), and Ronnie is Ronnie.

- Doxa

Excellent post.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: May 12, 2019 18:02

Love in Vain

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 12, 2019 18:12

‘Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow’

Happy Mother’s Day Stoners.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 12, 2019 18:19

Shine a light,sister morphine,fool to cry, etc.
Jeroen

Date: May 12, 2019 18:20

100 years ago,slipping away.
Jeroen

Date: May 12, 2019 18:21

The dog
Jeroen

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home