Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: Champions League 2019
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 8, 2019 14:05

Wasn't it so that everytime Mick was in a stadium supporting a team, the team lost?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2019 14:06

ukcal
what has this got to with the stones?....bbc radio 5 live covers this footy stuff
ok sometimes Mick is at a game or ronnie at the snooker, so its relevant

This is an OT thread i.e. Off Topic. I can't see any harm in having a few off topic i.e. non-Stones related threads here, as long as they are relevant to some of us.

Champions League and stuff like that, is highly relevant to many. The game last night was followed by nearly one millon people on TV just in Norway, out of total population five million, so I assume I was not the only one.

On the other hand, if you post a thread like "OT: There was a cat in my garden tonight", then it is probably not that interesting for a lot of others here on IORR.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 8, 2019 14:51

What if it was a Siberian Tiger ...

...and you live in Chipping Sudbury ?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 8, 2019 15:00

NilsHolgersson
Wasn't it so that everytime Mick was in a stadium supporting a team, the team lost?

Mick is Arsenal supporter. That's why Arsenal doesn't win anymore... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Maybe Mick became a hidden Man United supporter as well.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 8, 2019 15:41

Mick is also a Tottenham fan so I’m sure he will be watching tonight’s game between Ajax and Tottenham wherever he is in the world.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 15:43 by Nate.

Date: May 8, 2019 16:26

You cannot be an Arsenal fan and a Tottenham fan at the same time.

Each half of yourself would then be obliged to hate the other with more venom than your sanity could withstand. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 16:26 by Spud.

Date: May 8, 2019 16:46

Yes I know it’s bizarre and unheard of but Mick does claim to support both clubs.

Nate

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 8, 2019 16:49

Two catastrophic mistakes by defenseman Jordi Alba are too much on this level … I hope that Ajax gets through and wins the CL ...

Date: May 8, 2019 16:54

As a Chelsea supporter it would be nice to see Tottenham annihilated tonight and then I think a final between Ajax and Liverpool has the potential to be a great game of football.I do wish Ajax all the best and it would be fantastic if they can win the competition and become champions of Europe but Liverpool are extremely strong this season and I think they may have just too much in the tank for Ajax.

Nate

Date: May 8, 2019 17:18

Nate
Yes I know it’s bizarre and unheard of but Mick does claim to support both clubs.

Nate

Joking aside...I think Mick is maybe a "football" fan with an affection for certain teams but no strong affiliation to any one club .

I'm a bit like that .

Date: May 8, 2019 17:24

Yes agreed I can’t imagine Mick gets upset when one loses.

Nate

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 8, 2019 17:35

I also like following many teams in the English leagues including Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd. Spurs, Wimbledon and Forest Green.
Man City and Liverpool have been outstanding this season and really deserve to be first and second in the Premier League.
I like all these teams for various reasons and always follow their results and league table positions with keen interest. thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 8, 2019 17:39

It's nonsensical for anyone to support 2 direct rivals. I'm a Hearts fan and I wouldn't cheer on Hibs if they played at tiddlywinks.

Similarly Paul McCartney, who grew up an Everton fan claims to support both Everton and Liverpool. I imagine Mick and Macca are Arsenal & Everton fans respectively and the dual allegiance is just a PR thing.

Date: May 8, 2019 18:19

grzegorz67
It's nonsensical for anyone to support 2 direct rivals. I'm a Hearts fan and I wouldn't cheer on Hibs if they played at tiddlywinks.

Similarly Paul McCartney, who grew up an Everton fan claims to support both Everton and Liverpool. I imagine Mick and Macca are Arsenal & Everton fans respectively and the dual allegiance is just a PR thing.

It's nonsensical for the tribal type football fan ...but not everybody has that "tribal" gene to the same degree.

For some folks with a just as real love of the game, supporting one local team doesn't require that you hate the team across town... and you'll likely wish them well playing against anybody else.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 8, 2019 18:19

I think I remember hearing Jagger was a Chelsea fan? I might be wrong though.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 8, 2019 18:32

exhpart
Amazing game ...now if Liverpool can overturn 3 - 0 surely Spurs can overturn 1 - 0? COYS

Agree. Come on, Spurs!

Date: May 8, 2019 18:51

Spud
grzegorz67

It's nonsensical for the tribal type football fan ...but not everybody has that "tribal" gene to the same degree.

For some folks with a just as real love of the game, supporting one local team doesn't require that you hate the team across town... and you'll likely wish them well playing against anybody else.

It's not about hate for me, it's just a healthy respectful rivalry. But I agree, far too many rivalries nowadays descend into unhealthy visceral hate for no better reason than differences in football allegiance. I don't personally get that at all.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 8, 2019 19:21

Nate

Nate

I really don’t think he ‘supports’ any league time, quite honestly.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 8, 2019 20:13

Probably too sensitive stuff. I erased it. Can't stand the flack...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 20:52 by Stoneage.

Date: May 8, 2019 21:10

About Arsenal vs Spurs: I thing you must be a die hard supporter of either of these two teams to really understand the rivalery. From my knowledge, the team "bonds" go through generations. You may change wife but you don't change team. If you like both teams, then you are probably an outside football lover, not a lifetime supporter of either of these two team.

Back to Champions League, I do love every game with high intensity. Games where you are stuck to the chair and you can't leave for a minute without loosing a part of the game are so great to watch. The game last night was that kind of game. I home the game tonight will be the same.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 8, 2019 21:14

I sill haven't given up hope on the premier league. grinning smiley grinning smiley
This Liverpool team certainly deserves a trophy this season. Lost less games than city. It was the draws that killed them.....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 8, 2019 22:58

Strange things can happen..............but it looks like Ajax will be the in the FINAL hot smiley

Date: May 8, 2019 23:13

It does look like Ajax at half time, but never say never for Spurs.
Listening to second half now and hopefully Spurs will get the three goals needed at the moment (wishful thinking) by the end of the game.
Spurs just got a goal so there is always hope.

Gonna be a great Final in Madrid whatever the outcome.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 23:17 by crawdaddy.

Date: May 8, 2019 23:20

And another! 2-2!!!!

Date: May 8, 2019 23:22

Had a goal check by Ref and Spurs second goal will stand. thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 8, 2019 23:56

Great game I don't mind if the Spurs make it 3-3

Date: May 8, 2019 23:59

What a finish .

Spurs have got that vital 3rd goal and it is a Spurs v Liverpool Final in Madrid. smileys with beer

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: May 9, 2019 00:04

WOW!!!I did not think anything could beat last night for drama but tonight might have

Date: May 9, 2019 00:07

Congratulations to Tottenham!

I just read the following on Wikipedia, I suppose someone just did an emotional edit, may be it will be gone tomorrow:

Lucas Moura

Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silva (born 13 August 1992), known as Lucas Moura (Brazilian Portuguese: [?lukas ?mow??])[3] or simply Lucas, is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a right winger for English club Tottenham Hotspur and the Brazil national team and is a bloody legend.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-09 00:08 by bv.

Date: May 9, 2019 00:09

A touch of class from the Ajax fans giving a huge round of applause despite their disappointment. What absolute drama, every inch the equal of last night.

I really hate how much the modern game's been ruined by obscene TV money and inequality but fair play to all the players involved in serving up such great entertainment.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home