Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Doom and Gloom featured in Avengers Endgame
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 09:07

strat72
Also, going to see The Rolling Stones, or any band, of any age, of any musical genre cannot be compared to watching a film in a cinema. They are two totally different things. Not even in the same ballpark. What on earth are you talking about.
How can you not get the point I'm making?

The Stones are NOT high art. Going to a spectacle-filled stadium rock concert is just as much a form of lighthearted, escapist fun as going to see a special effects-driven film about superheroes.

It would be just as easy for a pretentious art snob to mock Stones fans for watching a 75 year-old man sing Honky Tonk Women while raunchy cartoon images play in the background as it apparently was for you to mock those of us who enjoy these Marvel films.

Life is serious enough...we all deserve some escapist entertainment that makes us feel happy and young.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2019 09:37

Imagine a movie with the Stones as superheroes battling the evil doers of the universe...their superpowers would simply be their music and stage antics.
Keith could take out ten villains with one menacing guitar riff, while Charlie could slaughter twice as many with a few thundering kicks of his bass drum.
Mick could wipe out close to 30 thugs with some of his dance moves and shouting "let me hear you say yeah"!, while Ronnie can paint the entire battle on canvas with his favorite marking pens.

Date: May 4, 2019 09:42

Sounds kinda like KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2019 09:52

Yeah I know that low budget Kiss one, but the Stones version would be ten times better and directed by Martin Scorsese with a killer soundtrack.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 6, 2019 17:42

I wonder how long last the song in the movie.
It was pretty short to me, like less than 20 s ?
I wonder if I would have been able to recognize the song without having read the thread before seeing the film.
Has someone said LOT of movies in this movie winking smiley

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: May 7, 2019 15:57

Wondering if that Stones-nut Mr.Scorsese will squeeze in a tune or two in the forthcoming The Irishman.smiling smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 7, 2019 16:07

djgab
I wonder how long last the song in the movie.
It was pretty short to me, like less than 20 s ?
I wonder if I would have been able to recognize the song without having read the thread before seeing the film.
Has someone said LOT of movies in this movie winking smiley
It is about 20 seconds. It doesn't even get to the chorus. You will recognize it from the riff.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 7, 2019 16:43

Eons ago, when I was a comic book Amazing Spider-Man fan for just a few years, I was floored by the art/drawing by John Romita Jr. A few years later, he went elsewhere and, weirdly enough, I didn't like the new penciller as much and stopped collecting.

At the time there was the Saturday morning cartoon series SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS. It was fun... for a while, but the quality of it was pretty bad.

Perhaps the idea of a comic book fan seeing something come to life in a movie is a lot of fun, regardless of how old someone is. Previous Spider-Man movies were horrible. Now they're practically the comic books alive.

That's not much different than being a fan of a band and listening to them on AM radio, forming your own band, recording your own songs on a 4-track cassette recorder... and eventually working in an actual studio, all the while learning that the band you heard on the AM radio has albums and you can hear everything and notice how they got better and better etc.

Kids get embarrassed by silly things. In my day, it was a badge of honor to get in trouble for just about anything, like going to jail for toilet papering a house or showing up in a cast.

These days it's the end of the world if someone has a zit.

I would've loved to have seen the Juggernaut and the Hobgoblin come to life on the movie screen.

Date: May 7, 2019 17:00

Hobgoblin hasn't been featured in a Spider Man film yet, although Sam Raimi did want to use him had he continued making Spider Man films after the 3rd one was met with mixed reviews.

Juggernaut however has been in two X-Men films:

X-Men The Last Stand (2006 - played by Vinnie Jones)

Deadpool 2 (2018)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2019 16:23

I thought a hobgoblin was a type of cookie.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home