Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Doom and Gloom featured in Avengers Endgame
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 03:39

Just got back from seeing Avengers Endgame, and Doom and Gloom is used to good effect during one of the movie's more lighthearted moments.

Re: Doom and Gloom featured in Avengers Endgame
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2019 05:05

and indeed it should be ….. fracking stunner of a track …. play LOUD...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 27, 2019 02:03

Great movie and Doom and Gloom was pretty solid!

Love to see Thor with the Guardians! Can't wait for the sequel.

Date: April 27, 2019 02:19

schwonek
Great movie and Doom and Gloom was pretty solid!

Love to see Thor with the Guardians! Can't wait for the sequel.
Agreed. It was a LOT of movie, but it was fun.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 27, 2019 04:46

i haven't played any computer games yet but i like the song.
i had no ish with those two new ones on that compilation; i was glad for those tracks,
and i was glad they did it live too.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 27, 2019 13:47

Don't forget - so did Dear Mr Fantasy but Traffic.

I loved it, but would've appreciated a further stand alone Iron Man film with Robert Downey Jnr. I think he'll be Sherlock Holmes again.

Date: April 27, 2019 15:18

Let's be careful not to spoil anything. I doubt too many people here are into these movies, but still.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 1, 2019 00:51

I think it's great that Doom and Gloom makes it in to what will be the biggest movie of all time. It helps promote the song too.

Date: May 1, 2019 00:54

…wish I could go to the beach
and burst outta ma shirt like Hulky Boy …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 1, 2019 00:56

The Music of Avengers: Endgame Gave Us Quite the Feels
by Rachel Leishman |

**Spoilers for Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame ahead.**

**I’m not going to tell you to stop reading twice.**

**Well, I guess I am. You’re still reading?**

**Get ready for spoilers then!**

Imagine my shock and awe when my theory about a song in Avengers: Endgame became true. During CinemaCon, it was revealed that the opening song to Avengers: Endgame was going to be “Dear Mr. Fantasy” by Traffic. For me, I then theorized that the movie was going to have a very Vietnam-era feel to it, in both music and tone, and I’m very proud of myself that I was not that far off.

Here’s the thing about “Dear Mr. Fantasy”: It reminds me so much of the music I grew up loving because it was a time of turmoil and anguish. We were fighting a war many didn’t want to be in, so starting the movie off with it was certainly quite the choice.

The thing is, all the songs were either reminiscent of the era, written around that point in history, or very reflective of a battle raging on. “Supersonic Rocket Ship” is a happier tune, but the lyrics reflect a desire to escape and get away from the life they know, where they have to hide themselves. For the Avengers who survived the snap, that’s very much their own feelings.

From there, the music takes us on a journey through time. When the Avengers use the Quantum Realm to go back in time, some of our heroes end up in the Battle of New York once more. There, we’re greeted with the song “Doom and Gloom” by the Rolling Stones.

While written and released in 2013, the song reflects yet another point of turmoil and fear about what’s happening to the world.

DOOM AND GLOOM VIDEO: [www.youtube.com]

[www.themarysue.com]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 1, 2019 02:51

Neat!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2019 02:57

It was great hearing it in the movie...haven't listened to it in awhile but it really rocks. Love the studio version much more than hearing it live. Thought it dragged a bit live.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 1, 2019 07:06

Sort of behind the times, just saw Spiderman Homecoming tonight, and Can't You Hear Me Knocking was in it!

Date: May 1, 2019 15:12

LeonidP
Sort of behind the times, just saw Spiderman Homecoming tonight, and Can't You Hear Me Knocking was in it!
Yes! Great use of the song too...that nasty riff is the perfect soundtrack for shady people doing shady things.

Date: May 1, 2019 15:15

Good article, but Doom and Gloom isn't played during the Battle of NY.

It's actually played when the Avengers reunite in present day at their facility, comedically highlighting Thor's less-than-godlike appearance at the time.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 1, 2019 16:45

I liked cartoons also - when I was a kid. I can't understand why adults watch this shit. Unless out of duty (accompanying a minor).

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 1, 2019 16:47

Great song.
Terrible movie.

Date: May 1, 2019 17:17

Stoneage
I liked cartoons also - when I was a kid. I can't understand why adults watch this shit. Unless out of duty (accompanying a minor).
Well then @#$%& off and get out of this thread.

You're a fan of a band of geriatrics singing songs they wrote when they were almost teenagers. You have NO moral high ground to stand on when it comes to so-called maturity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-01 17:19 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 1, 2019 17:52

Sorry Keefriff 99, didn't claim any moral high ground; just worded my opinion about those movies. But you're right - I will leave this thread to the fans.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 1, 2019 19:27

Not a fan of either Doom and Gloom or these types of movies, but find it interesting that the tune has finally found it's place in the world.
It was sort of overlooked on GRRRR, and even though they played it live for a little while (which I preferred over studio), it never left much of a mark on diehards or the general public.
Looks like the Avengers have come to save the day, and Doom and Gloom will survive after all. Maybe they could use One More Shot in the next installment!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-01 19:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: Stones32 ()
Date: May 1, 2019 21:07

My showing of Endgame had a pre-filmed announcement by Seth Rogen on his new movie and featuring prominently in the background was a single framed picture...of Mick, Keith, and Brian. I wasn’t expecting to see that and don’t know the backstory there. Maybe he’s a big fan?

Date: May 1, 2019 21:55

I like the song a lot. And what I think is cool is I go some little country bars that have the new juke boxes that link up to satellites and make available just about any song you ever wanted to hear. I play Gloom and Doom the song and just about everyone in the joint is swaying or thumping to that song.

Young and old

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2019 23:40

jumpontopofmebaby
I like the song a lot. And what I think is cool is I go some little country bars that have the new juke boxes that link up to satellites and make available just about any song you ever wanted to hear. I play Gloom and Doom the song and just about everyone in the joint is swaying or thumping to that song.

Young and old

is this the sequel? Sort of like If I Was a Dancer (Dance Pt 2)?

If I Was A Passenger Piloting A Plane (Doom & Gloom Pt 2)

Date: May 2, 2019 00:29

Gotta Get a Grip is bound to find a movie slot ….
Maybe that's what Mick is hoping for … Get ya tune in a block buster …$$$

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 3, 2019 07:15

Stones32
My showing of Endgame had a pre-filmed announcement by Seth Rogen on his new movie and featuring prominently in the background was a single framed picture...of Mick, Keith, and Brian. I wasn’t expecting to see that and don’t know the backstory there. Maybe he’s a big fan?

Are you sure it was not post-filmed?

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 07:15

I like Doom & Gloom. But not even a Stones song I like could get me down to my local cinema to watch a childs film.

Date: May 4, 2019 07:34

keefriff99
Stoneage

You're a fan of a band of geriatrics singing songs they wrote when they were almost teenagers. You have NO moral high ground to stand on when it comes to so-called maturity.

@keefriff99....Shut up you old woman. If you like comic book films, fine, no problem, that is your right. However, others may not share your opinion. Don't go telling them to get out of threads about Stones songs on a Stones forum. I believe the only way a grown man should watch a film like this is with a child. You have s*** taste. That is my opinion and that of Stoneage and anyone who is not a manchild. Now you f#@$ off out of this thread.

Hahahahah

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 07:45 by strat72.

Date: May 4, 2019 07:50

strat72
keefriff99
Stoneage

Shut up you old woman. The only way a grown man should watch a film like this is with a child. You have s*** taste you moron. That is my opinion and that of Stoneage and anyone who is not a manchild. Now you f#@$ off out of this thread.

Hahahahah
You have no business posting in this thread (which I started) if you have nothing constructive to add. A Stones song appearing in what may very well end up being the highest-grossing film of all time is news, and this board deserves to know it.

You also have no coherent argument (or any coherence in general) for how going to see this film is in any way different than watching 75-year old man with a Peter Pan complex pretend to be young and sing rock songs originally written for teenagers.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Date: May 4, 2019 07:55

Stoneage
Sorry Keefriff 99, didn't claim any moral high ground; just worded my opinion about those movies. But you're right - I will leave this thread to the fans.
Didn't mean to jump on you. I like plenty of highbrow cinema, but these Marvel films clearly speak to a huge segment of the populace, young and old, as does rock'n'roll, irrespective of who's playing it.

Someone could just as easily mock us IORRs for being fans of a band of 70-somethings who still perform songs that were originally written for teenagers in the 1960s.

Date: May 4, 2019 08:07

keefriff99
strat72
keefriff99
Stoneage

Shut up you old woman. The only way a grown man should watch a film like this is with a child. You have s*** taste you moron. That is my opinion and that of Stoneage and anyone who is not a manchild. Now you f#@$ off out of this thread.

Hahahahah
You have no business posting in this thread (which I started) if you have nothing constructive to add. A Stones song appearing in what may very well end up being the highest-grossing film of all time is news, and this board deserves to know it.

You also have no coherent argument (or any coherence in general) for how going to see this film is in any way different than watching 75-year old man with a Peter Pan complex pretend to be young and sing rock songs originally written for teenagers.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

I'll post on any damn thread that I want. You think this film is great? Good for you. I hope you enjoyed it. Lots will think it's a childs film. Don't go and try to bully posters by telling them to f@@@ off. If the thread was just about the film, you may have a point, but it's not. Some may like the song, but not be into comic book films. They are just as free to express their opinion as you.

Also, going to see The Rolling Stones, or any band, of any age, of any musical genre cannot be compared to watching a film in a cinema. They are two totally different things. Not even in the same ballpark. What on earth are you talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 08:11 by strat72.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home