01. '78 at the Roxy - Brown Eyed Girl
a fascinating curation job by this dedicated Van fan...brb...
The 2nd number is what's playing now.
oh, Into The Mystic; i'm down to The Bottom Line stuff now.
just wonderful amazing fund; it's like amazing for a Van fan to find
tapes like these. That snare and kit are just perfect in your face.
these are all club shows! big clubs, maybe smallish audiotoriums.
Some of the Too Late To Stop LP's best cuts were from Santa Monica Civic Auditorium; as well all know from the Stones show with James Brown,
is Not a big place....it's revelatory in it's great beauty and expertise to me; these players are so good; they all seem so young to me now but they are
all older than me. Such beauty and accomplishment and unity.
I was sad when this crew stopped working together, tho Van is ALWAYS formidable, imo
Lord, the guitar, the little bits of scat; the live female chorale
arranged and interacting beautifully. imo, this is the master at his peak.
the scatting is smooth; sometimes in the big film things he's a little
over-dramatic; or just having fun trying to get off with it....
but here it's intimate and natural; he goes in and out when it feels right.
I'd say this is as good as Too Late To Stop double Live LP,
one of my all time absolute favorites decade after decade.
I never thought I'd find anything he did, or most anybody else,
better than That one live.
this is superb find curated by a resourceful, generous and real fan...
The track listing that follows Brown Eyed Girl here is truly a remarkable gift, imo.
this is the real deal with the real guy imo
01. '78 at the Roxy - Brown Eyed Girl 0:00
02. '78 at the Roxy - And It Stoned Me 3:47
03. '78 at the Roxy - Checkin' It Out 8:38
04. '78 at the Roxy - Hungry For Your Love 12:00
05. '78 at the Roxy - Tupelo Honey 16:02
06. '78 Bottom Line NY - Into the Mystic 24:12
07. '78 Bottom Line NY - Brown Eyed Girl 29:01
08. '78 Bottom Line NY - Wild Night 32:49
09. '78 Bottom Line NY - Caravan 38:17
10. '79 Ireland - Moonshine Whiskey 46:00
11. '79 Ireland - Wavelength 52:03
12. '79 Ireland - St. Dominic's Preview 58:22
13. '79 Ireland - I've Been Working 1:05:09
14. '79 Ireland - Gloria 1:10:18
15. '79 Ireland - Cyprus Avenue 1:14:01
16. '80 Montreux Jazz Festival - Joyous Sound 1:23:30
17. '80 Montreux Jazz Festival - Satisfied 1:26:19
18. '80 Montreux Jazz Festival - Summertime in England 1:33:18
19. '80 Montreux Jazz Festival - Moondance 1:43:32
20. '80 Montreux Jazz Festival - Haunts of Ancient Peace 1:47:36
21. '80 Montreux Jazz Festival - Wild Night 1:55:33
22-26. '82 Essen - Five Song Medley 1:58:56
(Into the Mystic, Moondance, Wavelength, Full Force Gale, Bright Side of the Road)
27. '82 Essen - It's All In The Game 2:12:42
28. '82 Essen - She Gives Me A Religion 2:18:40
29. '82 Essen - Nothern Muse 2:22:45
30. '82 Essen - Vanlose Stairway 2:25:56
31. '82 Essen - Celtic Ray 2:30:24
32. '82 Essen - Dweller On The Threshold 2:33:29
33. '82 Essen - Satisfied 2:37:44
34. '82 Essen - Cleaning Windows 2:42:22
for those objecting to long posts; please bring complaints to Dandy,
as he posted something from Common One yesterday or a few days ago,
and I've been in Van land from those days when I stumbled on this.
I'm an Automobeat on the street
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 04:43 by hopkins.