Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why all this rating?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 9, 2005 17:36

Yeah, why all this rating of songs? If you like a song, you like it. If you dont, you dont. Why all this interest in how other people rate a particular song? To discuss a song, thats OK. But rate? I am missing something? Whats the fun about it?

Re: Why all this rating?
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 9, 2005 17:38

I'll tell you what it is...

Posted by: michel ()
Date: October 9, 2005 19:13

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, why all this rating of songs? If you like a
> song, you like it. If you dont, you dont. Why all
> this interest in how other people rate a
> particular song? To discuss a song, thats OK. But
> rate? I am missing something? Whats the fun about
> it?

I think it can be interesting to think how you rate a song it makes me think different about a song sometimes, but I must admit its a bit silly, but theres room enough on the board it will fly over again i think, but I can see it as a positive funny thing, nothing to be worried about.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 9, 2005 19:13

I like the rating. It's a lovely way to think about some of your old favorites and then babble nonsense about them on this board. FYI, I give this thread a 2 out of 10.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 9, 2005 19:27

LOL - This thread is starting to get interesting - I'll give it 3 from 10

Date: October 9, 2005 19:28

Well, Dick, I thought it had a good beat and you could dance to it, the kids seemed to like it, I give it a 78.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: October 9, 2005 19:33

Its interesting to get a broad range of how many of their "not 40 licks" songs are viewed by hardcore fans. Reminder these are diehard fans & even there should be some disparity except stating something bland & unoriginal "Like I love Stones all are great or all same level standard etc. Its called feedback interactions / perceptions from diehard fans aka a message forum to critique their art> Thats the rationale. To say "we all love them the same" or "all songs are equal" is ridiculous Or maybe a STATISTICAL ANALYASIS of 350 songs is the answer. Mez

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 9, 2005 19:35

yeah but youre not asking for a "critique" or a "feedback interaction" beyond anything of numerical value....

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: October 9, 2005 19:41

I figured to keep it number based & short was easiest but your idea is even better. Disecting each song by opions of diehards. Now that is real interesting.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 9, 2005 20:44

What Gazza wrote was what I meant too. For instance: when somebody write a piece about Steel Wheels, and go through each track, and make a conclusion. Thats interesting to read, even though you disagree. But this rating nothing like that, its just a number. Its like a teenager-book, where one takes sides about stuff. Anyway, I didnt mean to spoil your fun. I just couldnt see the point of this new trend. A discussion makes sence, not a vote.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home