Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

40 Licks on vinyl?
Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 8, 2005 01:22

I have the 40 Licks album on at least 7 different CD packages, but today I realized I don't have it on vinyl. I just checkit tonight, to see what I might be missing. In fact I thought I missed some of the latest releases, but I found myself having Flashpoint, Voodoo Lounge, Stripped, Bridges to Babylon, No Security and A Bigger Bang on vinyl. Some days ago I was in Crete, and there I found Godess in the dorway on vinyl! GREAT.

In addittion to 40 Licks, I also miss Live Licks and Main offender.....

So, anyone know if 40 Licks, Live Licks and Main Offender are out on vinyl?

Re: 40 Licks on vinyl?
Date: October 8, 2005 02:49

MAIN OFFENDER is definitely out on vinyl. I got it. A must have.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 8, 2005 08:00

By the way, incase no one has mentioned it let me give a word of warning concerning the vinyl...

It has been confirmed that over half of the first pressing of ABB will not actually play on turntables. This is due to sloppy pressings. The needle makes contact and basically skids across the whole disc... Very sad. Alot of us will just frame our copy, and never play it. I on the otherhand and in love with vinyl and will definately play my copy. But I'm waiting for the second pressing to come out, which should be this week (Saturday, tommorow). So if you're picking up a copy, just keep that in mind. Whoever's doing the pressing has already accepted returns on the first shipment, so its legit.

Main Offender on vinyl... oh man... It means alot...

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 8, 2005 08:44

40 LICKS have never been officially released on vinyl, so it´s a bootleg.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: October 8, 2005 08:56

As it's illegal and includes officially released tracks only, I'd prefer calling that one a counterfeit record! Avoid buying it!!!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 10, 2005 02:11

What about Live Licks?

Posted by: smith ()
Date: October 10, 2005 15:42

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 40 LICKS have never been officially released on
> vinyl, so it´s a bootleg.
>
> Vilhelm
> aka MICKIJAGGEROO!!!!!!!!!

This is simply wrong - 40 Licks has been released on Vinyl recently (I think it came out after ABcool smiley on a very strict limited basis. Watch out on Ebay - I've seen it twice there last week and also saw a copy in a store here the other day (but way too expensive for my pockets).

Live Licks is not available at the moment, but who knows...

Date: October 10, 2005 16:02

G. the Cock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As it's illegal and includes officially released
> tracks only, I'd prefer calling that one a
> counterfeit record! Avoid buying it!!!

If the Stones won't release it on vinyl it's their problem but it's definitely no counterfeit since there was no official vinyl pressing at that time. Maybe it's illegal or what but who cares? If you need vinyl buy it. Though I don't really see who'd want to listen to crap like "Losing my touch" on vinyl but whatever. All the good stuff is available on excellent vinyl pressings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home