Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: The Stage and Pits on No Filter 2019
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 21, 2019 19:00

keefmick
Is it possible to just hang in the back of the pit and have some personal space or is it just too crowded for that?[/quot

Look at the video and see for yourself.enough space.depends on what you want
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 21, 2019 19:00

keefmick
Is it possible to just hang in the back of the pit and have some personal space or is it just too crowded for that?

Yes. And I actually prefer it there. The catwalk ramp is much lower there and you can comfortably see both sides of the stage, which you cannot further forward. There’s usually more space too.

At the 3 shows I was in the pit, Coventry, Manchester & Twickenham, space at the back was fine.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 21, 2019 20:47

The back of the pit really is the best of both worlds.

1) You"re close to the stage but not too close; you can see everything including the screens;

2) The sound is great and balanced;

3) Mick comes out all the time;

4) You can lean back against the rail if you want to. Nobody is pushing you. Lots of space.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 20:48 by Topi.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 21, 2019 21:04

I decided to avoid the hassle of being shoved for 2 hours in the Pit and bought a very nice Low Loge Row ONE seat right across from the B stage so NO ONE is in front of me and there's a space before the floor seats start. I can see both screen and will be pretty close to the Boys when the run down the ramp to the B Stage and for the mini-set there. The Pit must be a drag when they go to that B Stage...you see the backs of heads as you try to see what's going on behind you.

Date: February 21, 2019 21:08

B stage? There is no B stage.
Jeroen

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 21, 2019 21:09

mickschix
I decided to avoid the hassle of being shoved for 2 hours in the Pit and bought a very nice Low Loge Row ONE seat right across from the B stage so NO ONE is in front of me and there's a space before the floor seats start. I can see both screen and will be pretty close to the Boys when the run down the ramp to the B Stage and for the mini-set there. The Pit must be a drag when they go to that B Stage...you see the backs of heads as you try to see what's going on behind you.

B Stage?
Did I miss something?

Date: February 21, 2019 21:11

There has been no B-stage since 2007.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 21, 2019 21:15

mickschix

If it doesn't change this year, there is no B stage mini-set. Mick visits the B-stage often (but always goes back and forth, not that he spends a song there) Keith and Ronnie go there for two or three minutes during Miss You and that is it, they are on the main stage for the whole show except for that brief spot. Charlie never leaves the main stage. And if you expect some "boys" to run down the ramp, then you will probably be disappointed :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 21:16 by Happy24.

Date: February 21, 2019 21:19

Happy24
mickschix

If it doesn't change this year, there is no B stage mini-set. Mick visits the B-stage often (but always goes back and forth, not that he spends a song there) Keith and Ronnie go there for two or three minutes during Miss You and that is it, they are on the main stage for the whole show except for that brief spot. Charlie never leaves the main stage. And if you expect some "boys" to run down the ramp, then you will probably be disappointed :-)

Thats called the ramp. Its not a b stage. BSTAGE was there about 10 years ago maybe. It was a great move able thing and allowed the audience in the back to have a grwat time.
When Mick runs toward the audience..thats the ramp and not a bstage. Entirely different thing
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 21:20 by runrudolph.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 21, 2019 21:30

runrudolph
Thats called the ramp. Its not a b stage. BSTAGE was there about 10 years ago maybe. It was a great move able thing and allowed the audience in the back to have a grwat time.
When Mick runs toward the audience..thats the ramp and not a bstage. Entirely different thing
Jeroen

Yeah, well, it depends how you see it and what you call it. I would say that the platform that was at the end of the ramp (or catwalk) in Europe is big enough to be called a B-stage. But yeah, there was definitely no B-stage mini-set. From the desing I actually assume that when they originally planned the No Filter tour and designed the stage, they probably wanted to have the option of playing a B-stage set, since it is definitely big enough for that. I am talking about the "European" stage of course. The current ticketmaster plans look like they will rather have the 14 On Fire type of ramp, which is really mostly just a ramp.

Date: February 21, 2019 21:33

The b stage was 10..15 years ago midfield and not connected to the ramp...
Jeroen

Date: February 21, 2019 21:38

I forgot when the b stage was introduced for the first time .2003 maybe or earlier?? Cant remember. But the mini set of 3 songs there was really great. I remember the Ahoy and Bercy gigs. Beautiful. But...not connected to the ramp.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 21:38 by runrudolph.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 21, 2019 21:47

No B- Stage on this leg of the No Filter tour, as well as no T- Stage either, as they had for No Filter UK. Mixed reviews here for the T- Stage, but I personally was sorry to see it go. Was great for the Golden Circle tickets in particular, enabling a rail to lean on in front of the T Stage, which as has been pointed out was much lower than the regular stage.

It made the pit experience a little more enclosed feeling and with the extra square footage of stage to cover, also made Mick's and the others trips out to it and a bit longer, and perhaps more frequent. I also was tracking it a bit and found that at least the shows I attended, Mick paid a significant amount more time and attention to the crowd to his left (Keith's side) when he was out there. Doesn't seem to be that way on the main stage that I have noticed, but definitely was on the T- stage for the shows I attended.

Date: February 21, 2019 21:58

Happy24
mickschix

You mean the T stage..Different than the B stage.
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 21, 2019 21:59

runrudolph
I forgot when the b stage was introduced for the first time .2003 maybe or earlier?? Cant remember. But the mini set of 3 songs there was really great. I remember the Ahoy and Bercy gigs. Beautiful. But...not connected to the ramp.
Jeroen

I'm pretty sure for Licks and a Bigger Bang, there was a long walkway/ramp/catwalk accessed by mini staircase from the main stage to the B-stage - so it was semi-connected.
During one of the above (maybe both?) Charlie's drum set was mechanically moved from main stage to B-stage on runway/ramp/catwalk with him sitting behind the kit.
Or maybe it was a moving platform with the entire band on it? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong?
For Bridges, it was literally a bridge that extended above the crowd that the band walked out on to get to the b-stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 22:00 by Hairball.

Date: February 21, 2019 22:04

Yraj..it was a moving platform. Now i also remember the bridge. Thanks.
Jeroen

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 21, 2019 22:08

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
MAF
clapton71
Do we have pictures for the stage or what it looks like from several rows back...especially on Keith's side? Thanks.

Maybe this helps a little bit:
Warsaw Keith's side

I don't see a pit. Is there one?

Never mind. I made it full screen ....and ICK they are packed in tight.
Yes it was quite packed but not overcrowded. I saw a few fans with Golden Circle tickets who were invited to the pit by some "special friends"...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 21, 2019 22:21

The best stage y’all had and I missed
was the RS lip stage!
Arena’s 2013 US
Mick prancing and jiving round there on a ledge
Plus,
they played ‘Emotional Rescue’ !
I have the Chicago show 2013 on CD
Bobby Keys on sax
Woo hoo hoo hoo hoo, woo hoo hoo hoo
On the CD, I LOVE it
But that lip stage woo eee

Date: February 21, 2019 22:30

Found various pics of b-stage and catwalk from past tours:
ABB:

ABB B-stage - looks like it was Charlies kit that was moved mechanically (and maybe Chucks keyboard?) via catwalk/ramp w/ the rest of band walking out?:

Licks - looks like this might have been when the entire band on a platform was mechanically moved from main stage to B-stage as it's really not much of a walkway:

And Bridges- practice session ha (Ronnie looks nervous)!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 22:34 by Hairball.

Date: February 21, 2019 22:31

35love
The best stage y’all had and I missed
was the RS lip stage!
Arena’s 2013 US
Mick prancing and jiving round there on a ledge
Plus,
they played ‘Emotional Rescue’ !
I have the Chicago show 2013 on CD
Bobby Keys on sax
Woo hoo hoo hoo hoo, woo hoo hoo hoo
On the CD, I LOVE it
But that lip stage woo eee

I was at the show Taylor Swift sang As Tears Go By. The crowd was loud and never sat down.

I remember thinking how lucky I was too see them one more time!

Date: February 21, 2019 22:48

Yeah 35love. That must have been great.glad you enjoyed it.
Jeroen

Date: February 21, 2019 22:53

Actually, Hairball, on Licks it was a walkway to the B-stage and back. The moving B-stage with the whole band playing a song as the stage moved (often times Miss You on the way out, Honky Tonk Women on the way back in) was introduced on the Bigger Bang tour. Here's a clip from Bigger Bang:

[youtu.be]

And here's one from Licks (Twickenham). They walked out and back.

[youtu.be]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 23:00 by Topi.

Date: February 21, 2019 23:02

Finally, on the Bridges tour they used the bridge to get to the B-stage but walked back. See any pro-shot Bridges stadium show on YouTube, there's plenty.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 21, 2019 23:11

runrudolph
Yeah 35love. That must have been great.glad you enjoyed it.
Jeroen

I wasn’t at the show, I have just seen clips on utube of the tounge stage/ ramp, it went right up and around Pit/in middle and all around. I was amazed at the San Jose (2013) clip I saw of the narrow (the narrowest I’ve seen Jagger have to navigate) while dancing to a group of thrilled blonde fans. Epic.

The ‘Emotional Rescue’ live Chicago 2013 clip on utube sounds like free sounds like, and the Chicago crowd is lame.
But the audio CD I have of the song is ‘10’. I have listened to only that song on the CD, maybe 10-12 times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 23:13 by 35love.

Date: February 21, 2019 23:12

Oh man. I wish they bring back the b.stage
Loved it during the Licks n Bang tours.
Good memories
Jeroen

Date: February 22, 2019 00:04

Topi
Actually, Hairball, on Licks it was a walkway to the B-stage and back. The moving B-stage with the whole band playing a song as the stage moved (often times Miss You on the way out, Honky Tonk Women on the way back in) was introduced on the Bigger Bang tour. Here's a clip from Bigger Bang:

[youtu.be]

And here's one from Licks (Twickenham). They walked out and back.

[youtu.be]

Thanks for clarifying and thanks for the videos thumbs up
I saw quite a few shows both tours, and the memories can sometimes blur and overlap when it comes to certain details.
I was at that Twickenham '03 show sitting with Gaza, and a couple of other friends 10th row center!

PS - Listening to that extended opening intro to Gimme Shelter and it's quite nice, but gets a bit wobbly when Mick starts singing....and now listening to Lisa's solo and had to hit the stop button as it's a bit obnoxious.
Might have to break out the Four Ficks dvd to relive all the memories some day. Clubs/theaters, arenas, and stadiums...it was a great tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2019 00:36

BluzDude
mickschix

B Stage?
Did I miss something?

Don't be like that...next thing you're gonna suggest the bridge doesn't come ejecting out either.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 22, 2019 04:01

Yes, I wish they would bring back the B stage which they used on:

Bridges to Babylon

No Security

Licks

A Bigger Bang

really added a spark to the show for the fans.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 22, 2019 04:02

But the best part of the B stage experience was .....

Being nearer the sacred Plexiglass around Charlie !!!!

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2019 05:14

timbernardis
But the best part of the B stage experience was .....

Being nearer the sacred Plexiglass around Charlie !!!!

plexi

One of my favorite stones memories involves that plexiglass with the setlist written on it..

At MGM Vegas, with nosebleeds, joking/flirting before the show with one of the female ushers at the top of one of the sections that led down to the floor, telling her it wasn't personal but that I had decided she was the weakest security link at the venue, and that I would get by her and down to the floor. She laughed and assured me I wouldn't.

Lights dim.. stones hit the stage, me and my buddy whisk by her to a great spot behind where Charlie would later be on the B stage. Towards the end of the set, I took note of the last few songs from the setlist and went back up to her spot, ascending from the floor, her in disbelief that I had spent the concert on the floor, to prove it told her the last few songs which we then danced to cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home