Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Which Stones album(s) can you listen to straight through WITHOUT skipping any songs?
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 7, 2005 02:20

Tattoo you

Re: Which Stones album(s) can you listen to straight through WITHOUT skipping any songs?
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 7, 2005 02:57

Beggars Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile On Main Street
Goat's Head Soup
IORR
Some Girls
Tatto You
Voodoo Lounge
A Bigger Bang

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 7, 2005 03:16

On a good day - all of the studio albums, apart from Satanic Majesties and Dirty Work (the latter only really because of my personal bete noire, Hold Back which I genuinely find painful..lol). Oh,and Voodoo Lounge. I find "Suck on the jugular" unlistenable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-08 03:37 by Gazza.

Posted by: KYdavid ()
Date: October 7, 2005 03:33

DUH! any and all

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: October 7, 2005 05:35

AFTERMATH, NOW!, AND 12X5 . . .

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: October 7, 2005 06:13

Bridges to mother f-ing Babylon, A Bigger Bang, Some Girls, Let it Bleed and if we're counting solo efforts, Goddess In The Doorway

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 7, 2005 06:31

All: forwards backwards and shuffling

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: October 7, 2005 07:09

All of them.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: October 7, 2005 08:39

Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Some Girls

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 7, 2005 11:59

It's easier to mention the ones I skip songs on.
- TSMR
- BTButtons
- Aftermath
- ER
- DW

The rest is PURE kick-ass and great all the way through IMO. Except for Jamming With Edward maybe. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 7, 2005 12:22

All of them, except No. 2 (Under the boardwalk) and Voodoo Lounge (sparks, moon, sweethearts, new faces, baby break it down + I, confess, a little fast forwards every now and then on Thru and Thru).

C

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 7, 2005 14:51

All of them. I never ever skip a Stones song. It is a rule.

Posted by: czr ()
Date: October 8, 2005 00:05

Tatoo You! on cassette because side two is for forplay & side one is for sex!

Long live the Stones!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 8, 2005 04:24

Streets of Love is the first song I have ever disliked so much I skip it entirely. I burned a copy of the CD without it. I used to listen to all of their stuff all the way through no matter what, but I have found that Voodoo Lounge and Bridges To Babylon are actually very good albums if you trim 2-3 of the filler songs off on each (of course, opinions vary as to which are filler).

The only albums I would never consider skipping any songs on are Beggar's, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile and Some Girls. All the rest have at least on song I can do without.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: October 8, 2005 11:58

Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, Exile On Main Street and Goat's Head Soup.

Posted by: michel ()
Date: October 8, 2005 14:08

so many albums but one that gives me a overall good relaxed mood is goats heads soup, I know keith was a bit out of it there, but not for me, I really like dancing with m d, coming down again, riff on can u hear the music solo on star @#$%&(these are some high lights) and remember the clip of angie keith looks and plays(I know its playback) so beautiful.But I seem to have a weakness for the so called underrated albums because I could say the same kind of things about albums like emotional resque, undercover, dirty work, and even their satanic, this is a matter of mood.But dont misunderstand me ofcourse I like the top albums and I can listen straight out to them anyway!!
By the way decembers children is also an example of an underrated album, even by keith, that I really like(and almost had forgotten)

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 8, 2005 14:10

Let It Bleed.

Date: October 8, 2005 14:17

czr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tatoo You! on cassette because side two is for
> forplay & side one is for sex!
>
> Long live the Stones!
>

hahaha right on!!!!!!!
I know what u mean!!!!

Date: October 8, 2005 14:19

michel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> czr Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tatoo You! on cassette because side two is
> for
> > forplay & side one is for sex!
> >
> > Long live the Stones!
> >
>
>
> hahaha right on!!!!!!!
> I know what u mean!!!!

ohno for me its the other way around!!!!winking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 8, 2005 14:53

ALWAYS as follows - and not in any order of priority:

Let it Bleed
Beggars Banquet
Sticky Fingers
Get Yer Ya Yas Out
Stripped
Black & Blue
Tatoo You
Some Girls
Out of our Heads

Sometimes, but NOT always:

THE REST.

Finally: I do unquestionably have to skip a few tracks here n' there on Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge & Bridges to Babylon

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 8, 2005 14:55

You've all had sex to Tattoo You? I must be behind...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home