Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

weakest track on Between the buttons
Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: October 6, 2005 05:27

For me its either All sold out or My obsession. Both are alright / to good, but it'd probably have to be one of these two. How about you?

I like Between the Buttons a lot. Periodically I hear Mick pointing out he doesn't care for "buttons very much".

Re: weakest track on Between the buttons
Posted by: Charles ()
Date: October 6, 2005 05:32

something happened to me yesterday

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 6, 2005 05:44

I don't think there are any shitty tracks on Buttons. Strangely, people seem to love or hate this album as compared with others. When it was released I loved it and wore the sucker out. I still find it a great period album for the band and the track list works well in both the UK and US releases. Many will argue and perhaps rightfully so that the UK version was better. While it appears Brian left Keith most of the guitar work, his subtle creative touches are all over Buttons. I get pissed off to hear fans leaving Brian out of praise for this band. The Stones sound when he was involved had his own unique stamp. Brian infused a sense of beauty and calm to many songs just as he could put an edge on others. Buttons, Aftermath were wonderful showcases about how great this band really was. No covers, just great original Stones music. I am not sure why you posted this thread if you like the album as much as you suggest?

Date: October 6, 2005 05:57

filstan,

Interesting comment. Why post the thread, right? Nevertheless, "Buttons" seems anemic compared to "Aftermath" or any of their earlier records. It is their first subpar studio album imho. Of course "subpar" for the Stones is better than "excellent" for most of the other stuff that people come out with. It's inevitable that certain releases will lag. I definitely prefer the american version of this lp despite the great "Please go home". Oh well just my two cents.... Of course if I had the choice between an original mono of "Buttons" and the cd of "Aftermath" I would go for "Buttons".

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 6, 2005 06:22

I am not saying that Buttons is better than Aftermath for me, but I do like this Lp very much and always have. I think with these older releases you can never go wrong with UK mono vinyl. I am sure the Stones will come back again at some point with mono cd's of thse older albums as the maniacs like us will gladly buy them. I like the SACD's of these albums though. There is some clarity in there that was certainly missing with the initial ABKCO cds. Then again that's another thread all to itself.

Date: October 6, 2005 08:26

Oh yes, the Brit vinyl just rocks my world. It is so much much better than its cousin's wax across the pond. then again, records made in the usa in the 50s were terrific! Nice and thick! The album jackets were tops as well.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 6, 2005 09:26

Cool, calm & Collected

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: October 6, 2005 10:42

Stop talking about the bad things! I'd rather consider the good ones!

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: October 6, 2005 12:24

I like Between The Buttons. It's not an album easy to comare with any other.
Always loved Back Street Girl.

Did you know Blondie did a great cover version of My Obsession in 1977?!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 6, 2005 17:52

All Sold Out the worst? I actually think that's a great song. I listen to it all the time.

I agree about My Obsession though.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 6, 2005 19:32

"something happened to me yesterday" (still like it though) i hear the dylan influence on this track...also reminds me of the kinks

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: October 6, 2005 19:35

Please Go Home or Complicated

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 6, 2005 19:38

Please Go Home and Complicated are freakin great tracks!
i'd have to vote for Cool Calm & Collected as the biggest misunderstanding on Buttons,
but the worst it does is make me snicker.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: October 6, 2005 19:43

here's an example of different tracks in different countries...i've never associated "please go home" with between the buttons because in the u.s.a. we got it on the compilation "flowers"....i still think its a great track...love to hear it live....if youre listening boys

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:40

Please Go Home

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:44

I have the UK version of Between the Button and I think the number of weak songs on this cd is definitely ZERO.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:49

None of the songs come to mind.It's one of those albums which doesn't have any weak spot.It's simply brilliant.The more I listen to it,the more I love it.It has such a rich sound.What I love most about it is that it sounds completely different than anything The STones has released,even Aftermath which is very bluesy and dark.

Date: October 6, 2005 20:52

between the buttons coulda been a kinks album...great stuff!!!

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:55

Yeah it reminds a lot of The Kinks.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:59

I really like Who's Been Sleeping Here. I've been listening to that song a lot lately too.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home