Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

KEITH: mix it up already!
Date: October 5, 2005 20:49

When exactly does Keith plan to deviate from The Worst & Infamy? Or can we plan to hear these for the rest of this tour................continuing into and for the length of the European tour as well.

These tunes may be suitable for arenas, but they certainly do not work well in stadiums.

Re: KEITH: mix it up already!
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 5, 2005 20:50

Maybe after 24 shows, like in 1997.
Don't remember anyone complaining about him playing the same two songs then, though.

Date: October 5, 2005 20:53

Keith is a mental wreck, he can't remember neither the lyrics nor the chords of any other songs. He is high on drugs taking away the pain from his fingers.

Posted by: Local27 ()
Date: October 5, 2005 21:26

Personally, Keith could just play Little T&A and Happy every night for the rest of the tour and I'd be more than content. Maybe from time to time he could throw in You Got the Silver, Before They Make Me Run, All About You, or even Can't Be Seen. Oh...if Keith could only remember the lyrics of more than two songs.

"I'm the bleeding volcano"

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 5, 2005 21:27

I wonder who´s a mental wreck, "F.U.C. the Captain".
Sure no mental wreck co-wrote most of the songs on aBB.
Have you seen him perform? have you seen his rockin
smokin engine goin along the aBB-tour?????

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 5, 2005 21:33

most people probably go to one or two gigs on a tour

so, its hardly likely to bother them is it ?

you could always take a piss break if u don't wanna hear em yet again

remembering how badly Keef's @#$%& up Happy and BTMMR over the years i'm not surprised he's got two nailed and decided to stick with em

its a lot less hassle

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 5, 2005 21:40

just be glad he is still up there!!!!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 5, 2005 21:42

I personally love these two songs and think they work perfectly in the set.
BUT...This Place Is Empty would be an outstanding one to throw into the mix.

Another new tune, c'mon Keith, you can do it!

Date: October 5, 2005 22:42

"remembering how badly Keef's @#$%& up Happy and BTMMR over the years i'm not surprised he's got two nailed and decided to stick with em"

Would rather have a flawed version of these rather than The Worst or Infamy.

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: October 6, 2005 00:01

A wreck? Keith looked and sounded great in Albany.And "The Worst " is such a really cool "keith" song,don't you think? No complaints here...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 6, 2005 00:03

The Worst is okay - but it's waaaaay too short. If he's gonna do that - he should be required to do 2 Additional songs. otherwise, the man's a slacker....

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 6, 2005 00:05

You said it, Bassaleman, Keith was fantastic at Albany. If that's what a mental wreck plays like, play on.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 6, 2005 00:05

He must also be able to stay up all night... grinning smiley

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 6, 2005 00:44

F.U.C. the captain!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 6, 2005 01:24

"Maybe after 24 shows, like in 1997.
Don't remember anyone complaining about him playing the same two songs then, though."

That's a great point. It's interesting comparing this tour to the Bridges tour, their last tour where they had a studio album to promote. So far on this tour, they have played 38 different songs, which is around the same amount that they were at on a similar point on the Bridges tour. That tour ended up having 76 different songs played (including all 1999 No Security and Bridges European shows) with 10 ending up being played from the Bridges album.

The way they have been trying out new songs since returning form the 6 day break between Albany and Columbus suggests that they will continue to roll out new songs as the tour progresses.

The Shidoobee site lists at another 26 songs rehearsed in Toronto that have not been played yet, so I think it's realistic that we'll get to around 60 or more songs played on this tour.

I'm sure in time Keith will try out This Place Is Empty and maybe Too Rude, Thru And Thru and Little T&A which were rehearsed in Toronto.

The songs known to have been rehearsed in Toronto but not played yet are:

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love, As Tears Go By, Under My Thumb, Street Fighting Man, Gimme Shelter, Sister Morphine, Hot Stuff, Hand Of Fate, Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me), Some Girls, Far Away Eyes, Respectable, Hang Fire, Little T&A, Worried About You, Going To A Go Go, Harlem Shuffle, Too Rude, Love Is Strong, Thru And Thru, Saint Of Me, Streets Of Love, Sweet Neocon, Love Train, Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 and Thank You (Fo Lettn Me B Mice Elf)

You can also add to this Sweet Virginia, Rain Fall Down, She Saw Me Coming, Laugh I Nearly Died and perhaps more that are known to have been played at soundcheck.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 6, 2005 01:57

FUC you're a @#$%& moron.

So, Keith can only remember the chords to two songs?? You mean...in addition to the 33 OTHER SONGS THE STONES HAVE PLAYED SO FAR??

I know Keith isn't exactly fighting trim anymore, but give the guy some more credit.

Date: October 6, 2005 03:31

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure no mental wreck co-wrote most of the songs on
> ABB.

He "co-wrote" means simply he's got the credits but he didn't put too much effort in any of those songs as you can clearly HEAR if you've got ears. In "Guitar World" he admitted he only wrote "Rough justice" (which is a great song) plus the two sung by himself which I won't comment. I'm sure Keith doesn't remember even half of the songs that he apparently "co-wrote". I am happy he doesn't have to play them on stage.

keefriff99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, Keith can only remember the chords to two
> songs?? You mean...in addition to the 33 OTHER
> SONGS THE STONES HAVE PLAYED SO FAR??

Now come on, it can't be too hard to play "Jumpin' jack flash", "Brown sugar", "Start me up" and all the other songs he played for so many years. I didn't hear anything new about them. I mean it's his JOB to play them all the time. Then about those additional songs like "Sway" or crap like "Get up, stand up" -- I'm sure everyone agrees these ain't the most inspired versions of these songs we've ever heard. They really don't sound as if they're over-rehearsed.

The guy needs some serious treatment. No wonder he won't sing "Happy".

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: October 6, 2005 03:56

Who's attended a concert and heard Keef do these two songs? At MCI, I was very impressed. I've attended 6 concerts dating back to 81 and I never enjoyed his set more, even though I love Happy and Thru and Thru much more than these two songs.

I'd like him to mix it up only because I plan to attend at least 2 more shows, but for those going only once, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with his performance.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 6, 2005 05:27

At this point in his career Keith has made the decision to play ballads and less up tempo songs. Whatever the reasons, they are his. Of course I would/we would all like to hear his reasons for choosing these songs and why he doesn't rock it up within his "time slot" during Stones concerts. The Keith numbers in years past seemed to embrace both ballads and rockers that were signature Keith songs. I am not complaining about what he is playing thus far on the tour. The arrangements are tight , but somehow the crowd seems to recede a bit during Keiths songs. The air goes out compared to previous tours when Keith would come in and turn it up a notch is his own unique way. I still bow in the general direction of this sentimental old bastard. He has earned the right to indulge himself. Wouldn't it be something though to hear Keith cut loose with Run, Rudolph, Run around Christmas time? Keith probably needs Stew to kick him up the ass these days to rock it up. No one else will do it.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 6, 2005 05:27

> Now come on, it can't be too hard to play "Jumpin'
> jack flash", "Brown sugar", "Start me up" and all
> the other songs he played for so many years. I
> didn't hear anything new about them. I mean it's
> his JOB to play them all the time. Then about
> those additional songs like "Sway" or crap like
> "Get up, stand up" -- I'm sure everyone agrees
> these ain't the most inspired versions of these
> songs we've ever heard. They really don't sound as
> if they're over-rehearsed.
>
> The guy needs some serious treatment. No wonder he
> won't sing "Happy".

I won't deny that Keith is a functional alcoholic and certainly could use a bit of a lifestyle change at his age...

...but playing 21 songs while being a bit of a frontman requires some focus, concentration and yes, mental acumen.

At any rate...touring for 8 out of the past 13 years and playing a shitload of songs quite well at times proves that the guy still has "it"...booze and arthritis aside.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 6, 2005 05:51

If Keith wasn't up to it we would all know it. His guitar playing range isn't what it was, but he still carries it on stage and gets the job done in a way that only he can do. Actually, I don't remember Keith so straight forward and business like on previous tours. He really seems to be very focused and appears to be having a blast when they are up there on that stage. A man happy at his work or hobby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home