Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Star Star and Jimmy Page
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 5, 2005 19:11

noticed this on "Star Star": on some of the '75-'76 boots that during one line mick sings "jimmy page was quite the rage, i could not see the reason why" and another boot mick sings "jimmy page was quite the rage, i wish he'd leave my wife alone"....sounds like some personal issue here about jerry hall....anyone know what this was about?....best wishes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-05 19:13 by Leonard Keringer.

Re: Star Star and Jimmy Page
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 5, 2005 19:17

I made a post about this a while back, check it out.

[iorr.org]

He also says it on the 1978 versions as well.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 5, 2005 19:20

thanks Hound Dog...didnt know about your post (before i registered here) best wishes

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 5, 2005 19:27

Seems like Page and the Stones have a history that goes way back. If you find out anymore info about this let me know. I think the version of Star Star I first heard was from Love You Live when I was a kid so I always assumed these were the original lyrics till I got the rest of albums.

Date: October 5, 2005 19:33

Some facts not mentioned on that earlier thread:

- In 1965 Jimmy Page played lead guitar on Brian Jones' soundtrack for "A degree of murder"

- Between 1968 and 1972 Led Zeppelin recorded at the Olympic Sound Studios as did the Stones. Between 1972 and 1974 Led Zeppelin often used the Rolling Stones Mobile and Mick's house Stargroves to record some of their stuff, so there must have been some connection. They used the same sound engineers, namely George Ckiantz and Andy Johns. Ian Stewart even played on Led Zeppelin's album PHYSICAL GRAFFITI (released 1975) on a track called "Boogie with Stu"

- On 15 October 1974 (some say in early 1975), Page jammed in the studio with Keith, recording a song called "Scarlet" with Rick Grech (bg), Ian Stewart (p) and Bruce Rowland (dr).

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 5, 2005 19:39

Page and Jagger sometimes competed over girls. Jagger had an affair with Page's girlfriend Pamela Miller (a notorious groupie who wrote a great book, I'm With The Band) in the late 60s and early 70s. I'm sure there were other girls they competed over or both slept with at different times. And I'm sure the Stones were jealous of Zep's tremendous success in the '70s, although they the members of the two groups remained friendly - Page played on One Hit To The Body in the mid-'80s. Anybody got any more dirt?

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: October 5, 2005 20:15

Has anyone heard "Scarlett"? I don't recall it even been released on a bootleg.

Date: October 5, 2005 20:49

Jimmy Page ran off with Ron Woods first wife Crissy - it seems those lines didnt get placed into Star Star until after Wood was in the band (and Page was in Crissy if you know what I mean and I think you do).

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: October 5, 2005 22:14

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jimmy Page ran off with Ron Woods first wife
> Crissy - it seems those lines didnt get placed
> into Star Star until after Wood was in the band
> (and Page was in Crissy if you know what I mean
> and I think you do).

Beat me to it!

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 5, 2005 23:09

Jimmy greatly admires the Stones, that's why he used engineer Glyn Johns in the early Zep days. And as the Captain pointed out [message above] used the Stones' mobile recording studio & Mick Jagger's Stargroves estate. Zep also recorded at Olympic Studios in London & recorded "Presence" at a studio that the Stones used.

I also think Jimmy was influenced by the Stones' "dark/evil" period in the late 60's. I've been reading this book on the Stones that is basically a collection of British press articles from the mid-60's to early 70's. When I read Mick being quoted saying things like, "I take magic very seriously", and the intrigue created by doing songs like "Sympathy for the Devil" -- what I'm trying to say is that I think the Stones created that whole "we are evil" image that a lot of hard rock bands, particularly Led Zeppelin, used later to great effect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home