Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MCI Show
Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: October 5, 2005 16:19

I am finally surfacing and regaining my voice after Monday's show. Putting everything in perspective - my age 45 - stone's ages average 61 - number of times I've seen them 15 - and the state of the union - boring. That said, as always a stones concert makes for an exciting night - I compare a stones concert to the Rose Bowl (huge Buckeyes fan) for those who don't understand why we pay big bucks to see them year after year.

It was Ronnie, Keith and their insane guitars that made the night memorable - reminded me of the 78 tour. They blew me away with SFTD - easily the best version I ever heard and Satisfaction nearly blew the roof off the center and Bitch just kicked ass. Not bad for a bunch of guys in their fifth decade of playing rock and roll.

I understand that at this stage they need to play lots of hits for the masses, however, I could have done without several songs for instance tumbling dice? Why not star @#$%&? YGMR - why not Monkey Man? Miss you was an absolute bore. We don't need both HTW and BS unless they open with one of them. I was really hoping for Sister Morphine/Sway - though Beast of Burden was a treat. And what about the new CD? They could easily have added She Saw Me Coming/Dangerous Beauty or Cat to the set. Oh yeah, I thought Rough Justice fell flat, but ONNYA rocked. Back of my hand very nice - should have been lead-in for Rambler. IORR, Shattered and she's so cold were not good - in fact Jagger didn't seem to know most of the lyrics.

Even though the set list was predictable (as is the Ohio State offense), the energy and excitement the Stones generated inside the arena was enough to justify any amount of money spent. I will continue to see them as long as they continue to tour, just as I will spend my Saturdays watching the OSU buckeye!

Re: MCI Show
Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: October 5, 2005 16:42

To make it simple this was the greatest stones show ive ever seen! The energy by Keith was just incredible, he had the high leg kick going. Just Incredible.

"Is it any wonder that we fuss and fight"

Re: MCI Show
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: October 5, 2005 17:53

definitely a GREAT show...

would've liked to hear "NeoCon" just to stick it to any gov't dinkweeds in the audience....

They really hacked up "Start Me Up" and "Shattered" was all over the place....but, otherwise GREAT, GREAT, GREAT..

see you all in CHarlottesville!!

Stones rule.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2385
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home