Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Your experience with the official STORE?
Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: October 5, 2005 10:55

I would like to know, whether you ordered something from the North-American branch of the official fan-site´s store recently and what Your experiences have been in respect of delivery times, charges, quality etc.etc.

As for me, I think most things they sell are quite pricy, but are of good quality. What makes me sick are shipping delays, backorder messages, doubeling of shipping costs etc. Example? I ordered the new poster, a "Keithadelic" dress, two different T-shirts on 09/24. TODAY - thats ELEVEN days later, they tell me by e-mail that they shipped, well not all of the ordered items, but at least the two T-shirts. Other items ordered are marked as "BO" (backorder???) No apology, no announcement when the rest will be shipped, nothing. (Am I to blame that my daughter´s birthday is just mid October? Well, I obviously am, but methink that´s no excuse for them to treat international customers like cattle.) Shame on them.

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Re: Your experience with the official STORE?
Posted by: welded ()
Date: October 5, 2005 12:37

The Stones are working with "Music Today" stores who seem to be backing most bands web sales these days....I have bought a lot of stuff via them for various bands.

My Stones order arrived in the UK about a month after shipping - and I know it spent at least a week clearing UK customs...so I would assume you need to allow a month for shipping to Europe.

Music Today have been great to me when one of my $100 plus orders got lost in the post - replaced it straight away with now questions asked - so they get my vote on that one. Only negative with them...they can be slow to give refunds for returned goods...I find I need to keep at them to hand the cash back..

Sorry you seem to be unlucky at the moment with stock selling out - but I have not had the same experience...as to the prices...the Stones store is expensive - but I think that's the band in general not they guys selling it...get into the Grateful Dead they are a much cheaper band to support!!

Re: Your experience with the official STORE?
Posted by: davido ()
Date: October 5, 2005 12:38

I've found it cheaper to buy the stuff at the concert,
where here it's sold for the same price in Canadian dollars,
about a 16% savings, plus no extra tax or shipping.

The ticket holder has a cheap clasp. The gladly excahnged it
for me after the show. They are all like that. It works
great as a key ring though.

I usually pick up the official tour poster each time and get
it framed on my own. Otherwise I myself wouldn't bother
with a lot of this stuff, often seems kinda tacky
and expensive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1338
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home