Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Billy Joel at MSG
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 22:40

Billy will be performing at Madison Square Gardens next May on his 70th birthday. That will mark his 69th show at MSG during this currently residency of one show a month and 110th overall! That is unbelievable. I've seen him once in Vancouver back when he toured with Elton John. If he came to town on a farewell tour I would probably go see him again.
I can't think of any other band/artist that has done what he has, not including any of the acts that have a residency in Vegas.

Re: OT: Billy Joel at MSG
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 23:06

Very cool what Billy has been doing. I can't believe it's been 25 years since River of Dreams came out...

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 18, 2018 23:58

DGA35
That will mark his 69th show at MSG during this currently residency of one show a month and 110th overall!

It truly is his home!

Date: December 19, 2018 02:13

keefriff99
Very cool what Billy has been doing. I can't believe it's been 25 years since River of Dreams came out...

i like though he kept his word that he wouldn't do anymore pop albums because the muse had pretty much left him and he'd said all he could. i think in the last 25 years he's done maybe 8 pop songs and most were covers

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: December 19, 2018 03:47

Have far away can get away from MSG that day?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 19, 2018 06:19

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

i like though he kept his word that he wouldn't do anymore pop albums because the muse had pretty much left him and he'd said all he could. i think in the last 25 years he's done maybe 8 pop songs and most were covers
I was thinking that too...not many people have declared "I'm done" and stayed to their word.

I think the only song he's written since was Christmas in Fallujah, and someone else covered it. Other than that, he's recorded a few covers...was looking online but couldn't find much more info.

I think River of Dreams is quite a great album and a nice swansong.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 19, 2018 07:13

He wrote another song for his wife in like 2006. Wasn't really pop, but was technically new.

Honestly, as much as I love Billy and wish he put out new music, he's right. He's proven the whole thing right. NO ONE cares about new music, they just want the hits. And he's got em. And people keep showing up. Its shockingly impressive. And River Of Dreams was fantastic. Its a great end. Can't fault the guy for wanting to end high than try and struggle. If the muse has left him, its left him. It sucks as a fan, but he deserves the success he has now and its nothing short of incredible he's still doing these shows and attendance isn't down one bit. There's very few people that can do what he's doing and thats often overlooked.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 24, 2024 17:02

Mr. Joel is set to release his first new song next month..........his first in nearly 2 decades!!!! Perhaps he was inspired by our boys?!?!?!? Very much looking forward to it!!! Miss the Piano Man!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home